News & Current Events

Kennedy Retires

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 · >>
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#1New Post! Jun 27, 2018 @ 20:40:21
Ensuring we will have a right wing court for years. And yes, it will be that political, based on the rulings we already saw this week.

Depressing really
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#2New Post! Jun 27, 2018 @ 20:48:17
Kennedy was a conservative.

And we already have a largely right leaning Supreme Court.

Granted Kennedy's conservative nature directed him toward a sober, pragmatic and logical interpretation of our Constitution.

This was something that has confused some and lead some to believe that he was something other than conservative, but they were incorrect in that assessment.

Granted, he was not a 21st Century Conservative... but that just means he was rational, realistic and fair.. and not a crybaby snowflake like most if not all of Cadet Bone Spurs' followers.
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

#3New Post! Jun 27, 2018 @ 20:52:41
The odds are, at this point, Cadet Bone Spurs will get re-electd.

Thus he will be president when some if not all of the liberals on the court step down...

At which point "we" may end up with a 100% conservative Supreme Court.

Ant that will be the only lasting and memorable legacy of Cadet Bone Spurs.
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#4New Post! Jun 27, 2018 @ 20:55:03
Yes, thanks to Gorsuch, we already had a conservative 5-4 majority in the court, for the most part, although it could be argued Kennedy didn’t always side with other conservatives, demonstrating non-partisan conviction.

But the hope was that Kennedy would stay on until after the next election and prevent the 5-4 majority from lasting too long.

Now the oldest members on the court will all be liberals in a minority for the foreseeable future.

We will be going backwards as a nation on human rights in my opinion. Just wait and see.
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

#5New Post! Jun 27, 2018 @ 20:56:21
@Leon Said

We will be going backwards as a nation on human rights in my opinion. Just wait and see.

Yes we will.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#6New Post! Jun 27, 2018 @ 23:54:49
Yes, when I read that, it just took the wind out of the rest of the day....

Not that I follow SCOTUS that much, but knowing the long-lasting impact.
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#7New Post! Jun 28, 2018 @ 02:04:56
@mrmhead Said

Yes, when I read that, it just took the wind out of the rest of the day....

Not that I follow SCOTUS that much, but knowing the long-lasting impact.

Exactly. At least with Trump, we, as voters, only have to deal with him for a couple more years. This right-wing court, however, may last an entire generation.

Don’t get me wrong. I was depressed the day Trump was elected. But imagine if he were elected to be President for the length of time FDR was.

That’s what this feels like.

NE, Ohio
#8New Post! Jun 28, 2018 @ 02:46:01
Ginsburg would probably try to judge from the grave if only to keep Trump from making another appointment.
gakINGKONG On October 18, 2022

, Florida
#9New Post! Jun 28, 2018 @ 02:53:24
@Leon Said

Ensuring we will have a right wing court for years. And yes, it will be that political, based on the rulings we already saw this week.

Depressing really

I wonder if Donald Trump will ask people like Mike Pence for recommendations.

I wonder if he will ask close advisors or if he already has a string of candidates suitable for the job. Very interesting times. Interesting. I wonder if he’ll try to send a message to the loyal opposition party that he’ll meet them somewhere in the middle and critical issues such as abortion or immigration. Hmmm

NE, Ohio
#10New Post! Jun 28, 2018 @ 11:27:41
@gakINGKONG Said

I wonder if he will ask close advisors or if he already has a string of candidates suitable for the job. Very interesting times. Interesting. I wonder if he’ll try to send a message to the loyal opposition party that he’ll meet them somewhere in the middle and critical issues such as abortion or immigration. Hmmm

He already has a list of 25 or so. He had the list during his campaign.

.. and I'm guessing that was sarcasm - Trump asking for advice, or meeting half-way.
bobbimay On February 11, 2024

Tucson, Arizona
#11New Post! Jun 28, 2018 @ 13:32:54
@gakINGKONG Said

in the words of the libs messiah..you remember him..the great ozero...election have consequences...but then I would add so do actions...

with all the BS that has been thrown out there over the last 525 days..by the libs that has all been proven to be nothing but BS..

then you have all the dog whistles that scum like maxie pad waters to go after conservative women....

so why would/should he want to meet/lessen to anyone in the "resistance".. ...

he will be trading a conservative judge with a conservative judge...not that big of a deal...

But..if dear Ruthie realize that she died years ago and finely lays down.. then I might be a little concerned.

oh and the one thing our great President Trump said that I disagree with...no Mr President I am not tired of winning yet.

, Florida
#12New Post! Jun 28, 2018 @ 14:13:21
Oh I hope the next justice is a good one.

, Florida
#13New Post! Jun 28, 2018 @ 14:17:57
@mrmhead Said

He already has a list of 25 or so. He had the list during his campaign.

.. and I'm guessing that was sarcasm - Trump asking for advice, or meeting half-way.

Honestly he really does listen to his advisors. He listens to Mattis. He listens to Kelly.
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#14New Post! Jun 28, 2018 @ 14:18:16
Religion will have a greater role in our society as well, thanks to inevitable rulings that will give us “freedom” to impose it upon others.
bobbimay On February 11, 2024

Tucson, Arizona
#15New Post! Jun 28, 2018 @ 14:50:16
@gakINGKONG Said

Oh I hope the next justice is a good one.

After the 2016 election the Democrat/Media complex released this kraken... without any though of how to drive it back into the sea, or even if they could drive it back into the sea....

They also never realized that it would turn on them when they failed to take President Trump down. Look up the meaning of "hoisted by their own petard" if you do not already know the origin of that expression
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs