Relationships

Keep it alive!!

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
BabyRS On February 14, 2015

, Singapore
#1New Post! Jan 27, 2006 @ 14:06:03
When the honeymoon period is over and a relationship settles into a comfortable zone, there is definitely a tendency for anyone of us to take our partners for granted. We know it happens, we try to avoid it, yet sometimes circumstances are such that we don't realise that we are guilty of it at all.

We know that we love him / her, and we believe that our partner loves us just as much, but sometimes its as simple as saying : "I Love You" when they least expect it that makes the difference.

U know us "women" (although men are as susceptible to it far more than they care to admit!) ... we need to be constantly reassured.

I've always believed that the relationships that last are usually those whereby both parties really bother to actually work at it. Sure - take it as naturally as it comes, but even machines that run on their own need oiling now and then! It's when you are able to fall in love over and over with your partner that you truly know that you love the one you're with.

Sad to say... the young couples often don't realise this till it may be too late.(read: high divorce rates) So... just in case you have yet to give that little hug of appreciation or just that knowing smile to show them you care - now's as good a time as any.

What the hell are you waiting for?!

"It hurts to love someone, and not to be loved in return - but what is most painful is to love someone... and never find the time or courage to let the person know how you feel.

markfox01 On October 23, 2021
innit!

Welshman in Brum.., United Kin
#2New Post! Jan 27, 2006 @ 14:15:24
i wish i was single.. you'd be an amazing girl friend.. ye me and my misses is great, and i will keep it that way.. any ideas how to kee a fire stoked...??

, Singapore
#3New Post! Jan 27, 2006 @ 14:27:08
@markfox01 Said
i wish i was single.. you'd be an amazing girl friend.. ye me and my misses is great, and i will keep it that way.. any ideas how to kee a fire stoked...??

Remember the time when you first held her hand? When your heart thundered at the very thought of seeing her? Think back on how you were then... what you did, what you said (minus the fumblings, of course!) and you'd be fine.
markfox01 On October 23, 2021
innit!

Welshman in Brum.., United Kin
#4New Post! Jan 27, 2006 @ 14:38:01
@babyrs Said
Remember the time when you first held her hand? When your heart thundered at the very thought of seeing her? Think back on how you were then... what you did, what you said (minus the fumblings, of course!) and you'd be fine.

thegorillas On November 10, 2006

Deleted

United States
#6New Post! Jan 27, 2006 @ 15:52:17
Ahh so much work! Glad I'm single I can continue being lazy
steven On September 10, 2008

, United Kingdom
#7New Post! Jan 27, 2006 @ 16:03:01
THREE LITTLE WORDS

Now listen fellas, I've got three little words that can really help out. No ! Not ...*I love You*

Let's face it, we have all done something wrong from time to time and we know that when we get home, we are going to Face the Wrath from herself.
She will have it planned as to what she going to say. You will not have a hope, if you try to argue or reason with her. She will be prepared for the .... *I Love You* words and these will not work until she has unleashed her feelings.

Now what really 'Throws' them off ballance, is to use these three words. They haven't prepared an arguement for this.

Just Say, "I WAS WRONG."

It works (But Only Once)
mollymalone On March 01, 2008

Deleted

Muff, Ireland
#8New Post! Jan 27, 2006 @ 16:14:19
@steven Said
THREE LITTLE WORDS

Just Say, "I WAS WRONG."

It works (But Only Once)

Thats the problem, Men wont say those three little words "I WAS WRONG"

, Singapore
#9New Post! Jan 27, 2006 @ 16:17:49
@steven Said

Just Say, "I WAS WRONG."

It works (But Only Once)

Agreed!

That said with a sheepish hang-dog look works against all (well... most, at least) odds.

, Singapore
#10New Post! Jan 27, 2006 @ 16:20:18
@mollymalone Said
Thats the problem, Men wont say those three little words "I WAS WRONG"

Yep - instead of readily admitting their mistake, chances are they'd get super-duper defensive.
thegorillas On November 10, 2006

Deleted

United States
#11New Post! Jan 27, 2006 @ 16:20:57
This is what my dad taught me to say like as soon as I could talk. I'm sorry honey I was wrong I don't know what I was thinking. Will you forgive me?

Second thing he taught me:

He would say Dan what do we do our whole lives to which my response would be

Wait on women!
tigerwoman On March 31, 2012

Mufreesboro, Tennessee
#12New Post! Jan 27, 2006 @ 16:47:34
I am in a relationship with a man I adore. Though I'm sure our relationship is new compared to what you're talking about(a year in less than two weeks.) I'm sure that 50 years down the line(yes we are already engaged) I'll love him as much and more than I today. Thanks for reminding us all how important it is to never take love for granted.
Shug On March 17, 2011

Dewsbury/Leeds, United Kingdom
#13New Post! Jan 27, 2006 @ 17:53:23
I happen to love the long cold silences and the farting.

, Singapore
#14New Post! Jan 27, 2006 @ 18:02:15
@shug Said
I happen to love the long cold silences and the farting.

Long, comfortable (albeit cold) silences you mean?

That works too. At least you aren't sending the china from the wedding trousseau flying across the room...
Shug On March 17, 2011

Dewsbury/Leeds, United Kingdom
#15New Post! Jan 27, 2006 @ 18:03:23
@babyrs Said
...At least you aren't sending the china from the wedding trousseau flying across the room...

I'll leave that to her. Her aim is pefect!
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs