Philosophy

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 4 · >>
sazzie On August 22, 2010

Being naughty :P, United Kingd
#1New Post! Apr 17, 2007 @ 19:29:29
Do you believe in it?

I believe things happen for a reason, never entirely sure what that is at the time but there must be

I also believe that what goes around comes around.
angelcake On January 18, 2016
Say whaaa

Eastleigh, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Apr 17, 2007 @ 19:30:43
yea i do actually. I believe if you knowingly set out to hurt someone or do something bad then you'll get bitten in the arse.

I also believe everything happens for a reason and that you aren't entirely in control of what happens sometimes.
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#3New Post! Apr 17, 2007 @ 19:33:48
We should have a brainstorming party where we can make up all sorts of concepts and then ask people if they "believe in them."

How great the hubris to think that the Universe gives two s***s about what you deserve.

Very, very bad, evil people are rewarded every day.. and very, very good people suffer horribly every day.

There's no karma. There are no angels. There's no supernatural father who cares deeply about you watching over you. This is all stupid s*** made up by humans so that the universe can make sense to them.

The way I see it, if the universe doesn't make sense to you as you see it, you're looking at it wrong and you're thinking too egotistically.

#4New Post! Apr 17, 2007 @ 19:37:41
Well we are all entitled to our opinions.

I am one of those very, very good people. I get s*** on left, right and centre but my philosophy isn't one of retribution. I'd feel awful. So I'd like to think that my good behaviour will be rewarded in whatever measure. If not immediately but somewhere down the line.

And if that keeps me sane and allows me to see the world in a better light then why shouldn't I?
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#5New Post! Apr 17, 2007 @ 19:38:11
You do whatever works for you.
angelcake On January 18, 2016
Say whaaa

Eastleigh, United Kingdom
#6New Post! Apr 17, 2007 @ 19:39:28
people need their beliefs. people need religion, needs spirituality. Granted not everyone but a lot of people do.
unspokenwords On October 16, 2019

#7New Post! Apr 17, 2007 @ 19:45:27
@jonnythan Said
There's no karma. There are no angels. There's no supernatural father who cares deeply about you watching over you. This is all stupid s*** made up by humans so that the universe can make sense to them.

This is strictly on what you believe in, you sound like my grandfather. Nothing can convince the man, even if there was a ghost right in his face. lol

I think there is karma, look people who do evil and practice it are going to get what they deserve eventually... Life isn't always fair but you will soon get what you deserve.. without going through life struggles you will not learn the difference and grow as a person, take the bad with the good and stride. I know people who go through hard times but you could never tell because they know how to handle it, and some aren't capable to.

Angels is another story and yes I believe they are there.. that's what I call a miracle
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#8New Post! Apr 17, 2007 @ 19:48:30
@unspokenwords Said
This is strictly on what you believe in, you sound like my grandfather. Nothing can convince the man, even if there was a ghost right in his face. lol

FWIW, my mind is open to any facts or experiences that will change my opinion. I think ghosts are BS, but if I see a freakin ghost, then I will admit they exist

Karma isn't even something you can see or experience or prove. It's just an *idea* that "the universe has gotta be fair! It's GOTTA!"

Well. It's not. The overwhelming evidence is that the universe is exceptionally unfair and totally random. The universe doesn't give a s*** about your sentience.
trillian On May 06, 2010

derbyshire, United Kingdom
#9New Post! Apr 17, 2007 @ 19:49:13
as a practitioner of witchcraft i believe that what i send out i get back. if i send out a hex i am going to get bitten on the arse in one way or another. if i send out happiness i will get that back. the law of three. whatever you send out you get back three times. sort of karma
mollymalone On March 01, 2008

Deleted

Muff, Ireland
#10New Post! Apr 17, 2007 @ 19:49:47
Im a firm believer in what goes around comes around.

#11New Post! Apr 17, 2007 @ 19:50:05
Yes Chrissy you're absolutely right.

I haven't done anything wrong in my life but I struggle every day, financially, physically and emotionally.
I don't give up and I won't. Be nice to people but they do you wrong and I turn the other cheek. Stay out of their way and do nothing hurtful to them because for me that would be wrong, and yes they will get what's coming to them eventually.

I have seen it time and time again so yes I believe in karma.

#12New Post! Apr 17, 2007 @ 19:50:38
@jonnythan Said
FWIW, my mind is open to any facts or experiences that will change my opinion. I think ghosts are BS, but if I see a freakin ghost, then I will admit they exist

Karma isn't even something you can see or experience or prove. It's just an *idea* that "the universe has gotta be fair! It's GOTTA!"

Well. It's not. The overwhelming evidence is that the universe is exceptionally unfair and totally random. The universe doesn't give a s*** about your sentience.

you are so depressing.. gosh..

Do you believe in god then?
marcus On July 12, 2009

Banned

Membar, Liechtenstein
#13New Post! Apr 17, 2007 @ 19:51:30
I don't believe in it. I'll know if it's true or not soon though. I watch The Amazing Race. There's currently a discussion going on whether The Beauty Queens who had yielded Eric and Daniel, would lose because of "Yield Karma". Till now, they have not.

To answer to you question seriously - I don't believe in it. I believe in what people do. Of course, there are consequences to all actions and several factors affect those actions (there may even be external factors which can be very bad - like corruption or murder). This is not karma. I believe that one's purpose in life is to do only good deeds. Whatever happens is a consequence of what you did and the linked actions of others in the same environment as you are.

#14New Post! Apr 17, 2007 @ 19:54:45
@marcus Said
Whatever happens is a consequence of what you did and the linked actions of others in the same environment as you are.

Not all the time, there are things that you or no one else can control, people might have the power to delay it from happening but we do not have enough to stop something that is eventually going to happen.
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#15New Post! Apr 17, 2007 @ 19:55:21
@unspokenwords Said
you are so depressing.. gosh..

Do you believe in god then?

It's not depressing to accept the realities of the universe.

I don't put my trust or rely on some made-up being or power or idea to provide me with comfort or happiness. I create my own comfort and happiness in my own life, and I think I'm a stronger individual for it.

I don't have imaginary friends, I have real friends. I don't have imaginary powers controlling my life, I control my own life. I don't have some external being deciding my destiny, I control my own destiny. I have no one to blame but myself for my personal failings.

*shrug*

I think it's a very *free* feeling. I'm not encumbered by anything that's totally fabricated out of thin air. I'm not bound by any imaginary forces or powers. I'm my own human being, and I'm in control.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 4 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs