Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
maximillion On December 13, 2016

, Minnesota
#1New Post! Apr 05, 2012 @ 06:07:45
well i got my big bag of rocks ready

and it gets to go stay in cyprus

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2072705/Shannon-Matthews-kidnap-mother-Karen-moving-Cyprus-wealthy-admirer.html
sister_of_mercy On March 11, 2015

London, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Apr 05, 2012 @ 12:08:38
She's served her time, I'd think she'd want to try and put it all behind her now. Yes what she did was wrong, but they wouldn't have let her out if they didn't think she'd been rehabilitated.

I hate the whole public lynching thing that people (and the Daily Mail) seem to espouse these days. It's a vile part of humanity.
Deal_With_It On May 24, 2022

Stevens Pass, Washington
#3New Post! Apr 05, 2012 @ 12:10:30
@maximillion Said

well i got my big bag of rocks ready

and it gets to go stay in cyprus

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2072705/Shannon-Matthews-kidnap-mother-Karen-moving-Cyprus-wealthy-admirer.html

Just read the article. That woman's sick! It's bad enough when things happen to chrild by non-relatives but your own mother. Unbelievable! So, should I bring a burlap bag for the rocks?
There's a lot of DEEP water around Cyprus. Or are you thinking of just stoning her? (which I think is to good for her IMHO)

Off topic- while reading the article it said she lost 3 stone. I know it's weight but is it equal to about an American pound? And when talking about multiples wouldn't it be 'stones' or do you leave the 's' off?

London, United Kingdom
#4New Post! Apr 05, 2012 @ 12:12:20
@Forumless Said

Just read the article. That woman's sick! It's bad enough when things happen to chrild by non-relatives but your own mother. Unbelievable! So, should I bring a burlap bag for the rocks?
There's a lot of DEEP water around Cyprus. Or are you thinking of just stoning her? (which I think is to good for her IMHO)

Off topic- while reading the article it said she lost 3 stone. I know it's weight but is it equal to about an American pound? And when talking about multiples wouldn't it be 'stones' or do you leave the 's' off?

There are 14 pounds in a stone.

Stevens Pass, Washington
#5New Post! Apr 05, 2012 @ 12:15:12
@sister_of_mercy Said

She's served her time, I'd think she'd want to try and put it all behind her now. Yes what she did was wrong, but they wouldn't have let her out if they didn't think she'd been rehabilitated.

I hate the whole public lynching thing that people (and the Daily Mail) seem to espouse these days. It's a vile part of humanity.

I don't believe people are serious about lynching. If they're anything like me it's a re-action to the act not so much the person.

London, United Kingdom
#6New Post! Apr 05, 2012 @ 12:16:51
@Forumless Said

I don't believe people are serious about lynching. If they're anything like me it's a re-action to the act not so much the person.

You do hear stories of these people being attacked though, especially in the high profile news stories like this one was.

Stevens Pass, Washington
#7New Post! Apr 05, 2012 @ 12:23:21
@sister_of_mercy Said

There are 14 pounds in a stone.

WOW she lost a lot of weight. Sure wish I would!

Stevens Pass, Washington
#8New Post! Apr 05, 2012 @ 12:25:11
@sister_of_mercy Said

You do hear stories of these people being attacked though, especially in the high profile news stories like this one was.

Yes it happens here also. To me it makes them just as bad as the person they're attacking.

London, United Kingdom
#9New Post! Apr 05, 2012 @ 12:37:32
@Forumless Said

Yes it happens here also. To me it makes them just as bad as the person they're attacking.

I can't help but think that articles like the one in the OP contribute to causing these attacks though. They don't seem to help matters anyway.

, Minnesota
#10New Post! Apr 05, 2012 @ 13:12:15
@sister_of_mercy Said

she has not served her time she did half the given sentence
and now she gets to go live in beautiful cyprus and her kid is left with mental scars no doubt for life

no i would not throw rocks at her really i live in a civilised country and i dont break the law its just i cant stand abusers and plus the fact that she preyed on all those good people that wanted to help.

she is a liar a theif and scum...

London, United Kingdom
#11New Post! Apr 05, 2012 @ 13:16:09
@maximillion Said

and now she gets to go live in beautiful cyprus and her kid is left with mental scars no doubt for life

no i would not throw rocks at her really i live in a civilised country and i dont break the law its just i cant stand abusers and plus the fact that she preyed on all those good people that wanted to help.

She's still served the appropriate amount of time for the jail and court system which is what matters.

Regardless of what she's done, she deserves the chance to have a clean slate and try and be a better person. This constant vitriol won't help her to do that. Not saying she deserves everyone to be amazingly nice to her either, but it's hard to see how anyone would be able to make amends properly if there's people jumping down their throats at every given opportunity.
Emskie On April 14, 2023

, United Kingdom
#12New Post! Apr 05, 2012 @ 13:31:32
She is a total disgrace. I feel sorry for the little girl. At least if her mum isn't in this country then it might be easier for her to avoid the press as she grows up. I hope she gets the care she needs now.

, Minnesota
#13New Post! Apr 05, 2012 @ 13:37:23
@emskie Said

She is a total disgrace. I feel sorry for the little girl. At least if her mum isn't in this country then it might be easier for her to avoid the press as she grows up. I hope she gets the care she needs now.

i agree

Stevens Pass, Washington
#14New Post! Apr 05, 2012 @ 14:15:05
@maximillion Said

@emskie Said

This is from the article-
Quote:
Matthews won’t be allowed to permanently live overseas once freed on licence – only shorter unsupervised trips will be permitted.

I guess it's like our 'parole'.
DiamondGeezer On April 27, 2012

Banned

Fawlty Towers, United Kingdom
#15New Post! Apr 05, 2012 @ 14:45:25
It makes me laugh. We read toilet rolls like the daily mail and we let them work us up into a lather so that we put somebody in such mortal fear of their life when they come out of prison that they think their only way of staying alive and in one piece is to leave the country.

We scream out loud that we hate them and will tear them limb from limb if we get hold of them and then wonder why they go to live somewhere else.

Don't you think the attitude of Joe Public has a lot to do with her wanting to leave?
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs