TFS+ politics

Just say no to Arizona bologna- Boycott

AuthorMessage
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#1New Post! May 04, 2010 @ 06:33:13
So have you ever boycotted anything? Was it for political reasons? Did it work out? Did the company suffer? Was it effective? Are you glad you did it?

And most importantly did you research it? are you sure you "hurt" the right people.

I was thinking all this while looking at some of the boycott AZ news in the past few days. Bar-S Foods headquarters are in AZ, but all their processing/shipping plants are in OK, Does that help? if the boycott was effective, and production had to be cut, would the plant workers in OK be a fair target? They had nothing to do with a AZ law.

Or worse boycotting AriZona Teas, which is actually out of New York.

I "boycott" 3 places,...ok 2, Well...maybe just one.
1. Walmart. I don't like their policies and practices, so now I shop other places, but I've bought from them before, I accepted stuff from there if someone else buys it. As boycott its half-ass so thats kinda out.

2. Fandango- that's personal, they were s***ty to me, so I wont use them again, but really I never really needed their product, waiting in line at the theater is not that hard, Its like the vegetarian boycotting KFC, they would have never eaten chicken anyway, you cant take away money that wasn't there before. so that is kinda pointless.

3. I guess that leaves Chevron, used to use one regularly, there was drama with a clerk, and customer service said they would "make it right" then backed out on it. I stopped using them, even though it meant altering my route, and putting gas somewhere else. I researched the actual oil company that owned the stores here in New Mexico, and noted which ones were "independent" and still bought gas from the same local distributor. A few of my friends and family avoided them too, it probably wasn't effective, as it wasn't that big of a protest, but it made me feel better.

So how about you..... who do you boycott?
boxerdc On December 18, 2012

Deleted

#2New Post! May 04, 2010 @ 07:34:46
Brooks Brothers..
They were nasty to me when I went in to buy an interview suit about 25 years ago. I assume it was because I was wearing jeans and a t-shirt, but I'm not sure..

And they're still in business, but I've probably spent 20 grand on suits, shirts and tuxes in the last 25 years, so they lost some money..
DorkySupergirl On November 02, 2017

, Canada
#3New Post! May 04, 2010 @ 07:46:39
There used to be a store that sold quality suits for work, wedding dresses, formal wear etc. I went in to look at a formal wear dress as I used to buy my work suits there. It was a new worker and I went to move a hanger to see another dress. She looked at me like I was white trash and told me my hands were too dirty to touch the dresses. First, my hands were clean and I do not touch the dresses, I touched the hanger. No one treats me like that.
diomedes On March 22, 2013

Long Beach, California
#4New Post! Aug 23, 2010 @ 06:55:17
BP... the reason is obvious...
knighthawk666 On August 22, 2014

Rio Rancho, New Mexico
#5New Post! Sep 22, 2010 @ 01:21:18
boycott everything that goes in and out of arizona
The Queen of Random

Administrator

#6New Post! Sep 22, 2010 @ 01:29:08
@knighthawk666 Said

boycott everything that goes in and out of arizona

oh crap, don't eat the tomatoes on the table.

or actually the ones you ate last week were from wilcox.
floydgirrl On October 08, 2022
Stalkee

Pope's Wine Celler, Holy See (
#7New Post! Sep 22, 2010 @ 01:30:49
I boycotted a bar because they were a sports bar and wouldn't put the season opening football game on. I wrote them a nasty letter. They are still in business and my family forces me to go there, but I hate it.
My family went to a restaurant once and the service was terrible. My sister wrote them a letter and we never went back. They are no longer in business. I'm sure not because of us, but still I didn't feel bad.

I refuse Walmart as well. I haven't been there in over 15 years. Though my boycott doesn't seem to hurt them. Shopping at their competitor does just a little though. I can't tell too much since they stopped sharing their monthly profits.

There are other companies I boycott, but again, they're still around.
The Queen of Random

Administrator

#8New Post! Sep 22, 2010 @ 01:35:08
My chevron company that I boycot, went out of business this year, some of the stations opened under new management. but not all of them. I did a little happy dance.
Grasshopper On January 11, 2023
Just me.

Fort Collins, Colorado
#9New Post! Sep 22, 2010 @ 01:37:38
Chinese fur industy.
Locked<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)