Just plain STUPID. GOP hatred of Obama.

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 4 · >>
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#1New Post! Mar 09, 2015 @ 23:36:10
WASHINGTON (AP) — Republican lawmakers warned the leaders of Iran on Monday that any nuclear deal they cut with President Barack Obama could expire the day he leaves office. The White House denounced the GOP's latest effort to undercut the international negotiations as a "rush to war."

GOP tries to undercut nuclear deal with warning to Iran Associated Press
Undercutting Obama's Plans for Iran The Atlantic
AP INTERVIEW: Reid wants Congress to delay Iran legislation Associated Press
Letter inflames US feud over Iran talks AFP
Senate to debate Iran nuclear bill next week AFP
Monday's open letter from 47 GOP senators marked an unusually public and aggressive attempt to undermine Obama and five world powers as negotiators try to strike an initial deal by the end of March to limit Iran's nuclear programs.
https://news.yahoo.com/gop-senators-warning-over-us-iran-nuclear-negotiations-113941531--politics.html
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#2New Post! Mar 10, 2015 @ 12:10:31
And I thought inviting Netanyahu behind his back was shady.

No wonder Obama signs executive orders and deals without congress.

I suppose Boehner will stage another game of chicken over this one.
What will he threaten to defund this time? Social Security and orphanages?
chaski On about 13 hours ago
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#3New Post! Mar 10, 2015 @ 13:25:33
The GOP told the our entire country (USA) a couple years ago that their only goal was to undermine Obama.

The GOP members of our congress have no interest in the American people, American (nor world) security, the economy, the environment peace...nothing...except undermining Obama.

While citizens of the USA that are republicans, conservative, and/or members of the Tea Party, remain willfully ignorant of the facts, the GOP and its allies have repeatedly presented a divisive weakness to the rest of the world, while falsely claiming that Obama has done this.

The followers of the GOP fall into 2 primary categories: Willfully ignorant and gullible.

Obama has, however, allowed this to the extent that he has not truly presented a unified political platform. He has more or less moved from one fire to the next to the next to the next... some of this has been due to the mess that he inherited but not all of it.

In any case, the GOP is a disgrace that outweighs any mistakes Obama has made.
Stalker

#4New Post! Mar 10, 2015 @ 13:37:11
....but, to be fair, while it is actually a different topic, the Democrat party had be essentially (and sadly) silent for a few years now.

While the leadership of the GOP is a disgrace for their actions, the leadership of the Democrat party is a disgrace for the inaction...they are actually nearly devoid of leadership in Congress and throughout the political party. The only thing that they really have going for them is Clinton.

NE, Ohio
#5New Post! Mar 10, 2015 @ 13:51:38
Sometimes I think the Administration is just letting out the rope for Congress to hang themselves with.

Usually the GOP takes more of it, but you're right - a lot of times the Dems are right there with them.

.. and congrats on screwing the formatting of another thread!
Stalker

#6New Post! Mar 10, 2015 @ 14:01:04
Ooops... I need punishments!!
Stalker

#7New Post! Mar 10, 2015 @ 15:09:54
Fixed...

On ward now...back to the topic at hand...
PTF On April 24, 2017

Banned

Indiana,
#8New Post! Mar 10, 2015 @ 20:52:05
This dude's motive is to cut Iran a break.
As you know they look out for each other.
It's not hatred towards this dude and his regime....it's what he is doing.
Iran is flexing their muscle and this dude is just feeling it.
Stalker

#9New Post! Mar 10, 2015 @ 21:03:44
@PTF Said

Iran is going to get nuclear power regardless. They are digging their nuclear facilities deeper and deeper into the ground, and already are deeper than our bombs can take out.

The Iranian people like us and have for a long time.

Working with them is the best option. That way we can learn what they have and possibly learn ways to stop them. And, eventually the more moderate Iranians will gain power...if we work with them.

Treating Iran the way we treated Cuba for over 60 years is a waste of time and will not stop them.

Pakistan already has nuclear weapons and is not very stable and could easily fall to an extreme Islamic regime.

The GOP doesn't have a plan to stop Iran... the GOP only has a plan to try to block Obama at every turn...so far the GOP has failed and will most likely continue to fail.

Drink the kool-aid all you want.
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#10New Post! Mar 10, 2015 @ 22:43:54
@chaski Said

....but, to be fair, while it is actually a different topic, the Democrat party had be essentially (and sadly) silent for a few years now.

While the leadership of the GOP is a disgrace for their actions, the leadership of the Democrat party is a disgrace for the inaction...they are actually nearly devoid of leadership in Congress and throughout the political party. The only thing that they really have going for them is Clinton.

Sadly so.
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#11New Post! Mar 10, 2015 @ 22:45:28
@PTF Said

It might appear that way if you get your news from say Fox or the Saturday morning cartoons.........
Eaglebauer On July 23, 2019
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#12New Post! Mar 11, 2015 @ 00:23:55
Just to let everyone know, I didn't change any words in anyone's posts but I edited to fix the janky italic code in a few places so it would fix the screw up.

Carry on....

Stalker

#13New Post! Mar 11, 2015 @ 00:26:27
@Eaglebauer Said

Just to let everyone know, I didn't change any words in anyone's posts but I edited to fix the janky italic code in a few places so it would fix the screw up.

Carry on....

It was probably my fault.... DT and/or Floydie should probably punish me... severely...
Eaglebauer On July 23, 2019
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#14New Post! Mar 11, 2015 @ 00:30:01
@chaski Said

It was probably my fault.... DT and/or Floydie should probably punish me... severely...

I will forward the message to either/both of them postehaste!

NE, Ohio
#15New Post! Mar 11, 2015 @ 00:47:23
Haha! And they may have stepped in their own brazenness!

Quote:
Pundits and legal scholars are raising questions over whether Sen. Tom Cotton and the 46 Senate Republicans violated the Logan Act when they penned a letter to Iran's leaders on Monday, undercutting President Barack Obama's efforts to negotiate a nuclear agreement with those same leaders.

https://www.cnn.com/2015/03/10/politics/tom-cotton-iran-letter-logan-act/index.html
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 4 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs