Forums: Teens:
School

Junior year may be a lot of work

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
mosthauntedlover On March 18, 2016

My House, Ohio
#1New Post! Feb 12, 2007 @ 20:44:57
We got our scheduling material today at an assembly and we get to choose what classes we take of course but the thing is the classes I want to take are a little on the more tough side.

The first thing is that they dont' offer an on level history class for Juniors. Why? I have no clue. Seniors take American Government but Juniors don't have a history class. That gives me one more period I need to fill or else I get a study hall.

At this point in time I have the basic courses that we are forced to take these include:

FST's (functions, stats, and trigonometry)
English
Chemistry (toughy)
Spanish 2 accelerated (my spanish teacher recommended me for accelerated)

Now even if I were to just take those classes I wouldn't be able to because we have to have atleast 5 academic classes a semester so of course I'm going to be taking Oral Interpretation 2 because I took oral interp 1 this year and it's a class that revolves around the speech team, gives you extra practice for tournaments etc.

Now that would give me 5 academic classes for the first semester but once oral interp is over second semester I would have to take another class.

My game plan is that since I don't have a history class next year I'm going to take pop culture first semester. The basic classes, oral interp 2 and pop culture would leave me with one study hall. Then second semester when oral interp and pop culture go away I would take Intro to physchology and photography 1. That would also provide me with one study hall.

Then, since I don't really like study halls because even though you get to do your homework you pretty much have to carry your homework that you want to do for that study hall to all your classes depending on where your locker is. Well, my locker next year will be far away from the study hall room and I don't want to be carrying around 2-3-4 maybe even 5 text books around with me all day! Too heavy. So, what I'm thinking is being a teacher's aid. This replaces study hall. If you are a teacher's aid you get to pick what teacher and what class you wish to aid for the semester and then you have to get the teacher's permission and there you have it. So, if oral interp 1 fell in the same period as my study hall I was thinking about aiding that. Then second semester I would find something else to aid.

With spanish 2 accelerated, FST's, chemistry, and pop culture I would be having a lot of pretty difficult courses my first semester. English and oral interp are usually always a breeze.

Then second semester I would be replacing oral interp and pop culture with two more difficult courses. They would be Intro to physchology and photography 1.

Next year may be a challenge! With those classes, keeping up with homework and studying, and keeping up with a job and speech practice/ tournaments I may be a little busy body!
annski729 On July 24, 2016

, United States (general)
#2New Post! Feb 12, 2007 @ 20:49:07
Junior year is currently kicking my a**

Next year isn't looking much better though

Over here we did an introduction to world history in 9th, 10th grade was the bulk of the world history course, 11th is American history, and 12th grade is half a year of government & politics and half a year of economic theory.

My House, Ohio
#3New Post! Feb 12, 2007 @ 20:51:39
@annski729 Said
Junior year is currently kicking my a**

Next year isn't looking much better though

Over here we did an introduction to world history in 9th, 10th grade was the bulk of the world history course, 11th is American history, and 12th grade is half a year of government & politics and half a year of economic theory.

I think they should do something like that for our history here but no they just don't have a history class at all for Juniors then throw us another history class senior year! Before today I had my whole schedule figured out but then this messed me all up! Before it was so simple! I knew exactly what I was taking and when! Grrrr... why must they do this to me.

#4New Post! Feb 12, 2007 @ 20:56:24
How does study hall work at your school?

My House, Ohio
#5New Post! Feb 12, 2007 @ 21:02:14
@annski729 Said
How does study hall work at your school?

Well, let's see where do I start. It's pretty much like any other study hall, you go in, shut up and do homework. But at my school if you are a senior and have study hall 10th period you can leave school early. Or any other grade levels have a choice to go to their study hall room or to the library for study hall. If they go to the library they are allowed to talk which you aren't allowed to do in the room. Or, if you don't want to take study hall you can do one of four things. You can be a teacher's aid, guidance office worker, attendance office worker, or library aid. I'm planning on being a teacher's aid.

I'm trying to think if I'm missing anything.... don't think so.

#6New Post! Feb 12, 2007 @ 21:07:39
That's too complicated for me. We don't have designated study halls, just off periods. You can leave campus, go home, grab some food, go to the library/computer lab, etc.
betterthanu18 On April 08, 2009

Reading, Pennsylvania
#7New Post! Jun 05, 2007 @ 15:54:51
it is a lot of work we are working out of a 10th grade book in reading class it is way too hard though school is almost over 2 days and 2 hours and 30 minutes
i can't wait till summer vacation!!!
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs