Its happening everyday it has to stop

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 · >>
scardycat On May 17, 2014

, Australia
#16New Post! Nov 23, 2012 @ 16:01:43
@DorkySupergirl Said

If 15 minors in an area have committed suicide in the span of one year from bullying, I would think the government would be stepping in and doing something about it.

I have heard of teenagers committing suicide and often times from bullying but I really have not heard of 15 teenagers from an area committing suicide in the span of one year.

What on earth is going on in that area?

they have at the schools a bullying program and they say a no tolerance of bullying but its not working well not in this area anyway

, Australia
#17New Post! Nov 23, 2012 @ 16:04:33
@jonnythan Said

"There was no connection between the students."

15 is just too high a number. What kid really even has 15 kids from other schools, let alone 15 who all committed suicide in a single year?

why would I say that number if it was less I would have said less i have no reason to lie its an important topic
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#18New Post! Nov 23, 2012 @ 16:06:59
@scardycat Said

why would I say that number if it was less I would have said less i have no reason to lie its an important topic

I have no idea. It's just too high for me to consider believable though.

, Australia
#19New Post! Nov 23, 2012 @ 16:10:08
@jonnythan Said

I have no idea. It's just too high for me to consider believable though.

its bad and the rate of suicide in general is higher in the country areas than the large city areas
Grasshopper On January 11, 2023
Just me.

Fort Collins, Colorado
#20New Post! Nov 23, 2012 @ 16:15:24
white_swan53 On October 07, 2020

n/a, New Mexico
#21New Post! Nov 23, 2012 @ 16:30:23
I can't understand is how can a kid be bullied to the extent that this kid was,
Quote:
2. Another every day the bullys beat up this boy he was 16, spat on him, threw drinks at him, they held him down down the street strpped him naked and peed in his face and so on.

and his parents or the law enforcement or the school not do anything to stop it .

When did it come out that he was dealing with this kind of treatment by other kids ? Were the kids that did this to the boy caught and punished ?
sTreetAngeL On January 24, 2022
root tedt ree

in a paradox,
#22New Post! Nov 23, 2012 @ 19:13:13
@white_swan53 Said

I can't understand is how can a kid be bullied to the extent that this kid was,

and his parents or the law enforcement or the school not do anything to stop it .

When did it come out that he was dealing with this kind of treatment by other kids ? Were the kids that did this to the boy caught and punished ?

I was going to mention that one as well; also, the possibility that if they were doing this much to him, perhaps it wasn't a suicide at all but a homicide.
JR_Sanford On August 02, 2017

Portland (St. Johns), Oregon
#23New Post! Nov 23, 2012 @ 19:18:09
@scardycat Said

So far in the last 12 months my daughter has lost at least 15 kids that were her friends due to suicide. Only one of these kids went to her school but that doesnt matter they were still her friends.
This is manly coming from the school yard but also on FB and there phones. So not only are these kids been bullyed every day at school its following them home. They just cant get a break from it.
The problem is that not all kids are telling there parents or even the school welfare officer. And those that do tell are not getting the support from the schools to stop it. Yeah they speak to kids that are doing this but really that doesnt stop them if anything it can make it worse. These bullys are sayng horrible things this is just a few examples.
1 One of her friends she was 17 was told she was ugly, that she was useless, that they wished she dead, death threats on FB and so on. Her sister found her hunging in her closet.
2. Another every day the bullys beat up this boy he was 16, spat on him, threw drinks at him, they held him down down the street strpped him naked and peed in his face and so on. He was found hanging from a tree in the local park by a stranger.
3 A girl only 13 was told she was useless, had death threats, she was beaten up, pushed, told they wished she was dead, no one would miss her if she wasnt here anymore and so on. She was found by her mum in the bath tub with her wrists slashed.

This was happening at school, down the street, on FB, on the mobile (cell phone).
Some of the parents knew there kids were been bullyed but didnt know to what extent. Some had no idea at all.
Schools were told and yes the bullys got into trouble but that really didnt make any difference if anything it made it worse. They just went on a harder attack.
How are we going to stop this from happening? Closing FB pages slows it down but most kids these days have phones and we just cant stop it down the street.
These kids that push there victims to suicide should be accountable for there actions and should be punished by the law.
Everyday a child is bullyed and many take there life because they cant handle it anymore.
Not only does it affect the family it affects there friends and the locals but strangers in fact these deaths affect everyone.
I tell you nothing is worse then going to a funeral of child for any reason especially because of someone elses actions
Something has to be done to stop it....

I used Google and searched for any news about children in Australia committing suicide due to bullying and could not find any pertinent data to go along with your post. Could you please give us a published online report of the tragic event?

J.R.
Alkaia On February 05, 2013

Deleted
Banned

naples, Florida
#24New Post! Nov 23, 2012 @ 19:52:06
@scardycat Said

yes the internet is the main problem because when its posted on the persons wall who knows who can read it and of course some join in.
Yes parents should be involved more but teens dont want there parents as there friends. Im friends of both my kids on FB and have had to ask comments to be removed before. And they have been

Children/teens are learning a "disconnect" from reality because of social media. Many adults are too, however younger people are not equiped with real life experiances to deal with such vile reamarks that can be a part of a un-emotional use of verbage as is the internet.

As a parent myself I have always watched what my children do and I have limited it when I see they are allowing it to over take what I feel is a normal childhood occurence.

Children as I said are not ready many times to see the whole world at once, all its violence, sadness, evil personalities and lack of any emotion that is often seen online.

When I was growing up, my parents would make me play outside. Watching tv or having a soda was a special enjoyment. I learned to respect things. I knew what it was to be in my place as a child. I did not talk back to my parents and as I grew older I respected them.

Now children run wild having no respect for anyone, even thier self. They have little guidance. We have a breakdown of a moral society. When I use the word moral, do not take it as a religous term. I mean people taking responsibility for thier children and actions. Children shouldnt know certain things till they are old enough to deal with them. Now children get everything in thier face.

only parents can take that back and allow children to be just children. but I dont see that ever happening. Unfortunatly what I just said most people would call me crazy for.

If you really want it to stop, look at the root of the problem. And In my opinion the root of the problem is too much massive intake of false individual realities where children never get to find who they really are, they just spend all thier time comparing themself with everyone online. That is depressing, because most of it is a LIE.
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#25New Post! Nov 23, 2012 @ 19:59:04
@Alkaia Said
Children/teens are learning a "disconnect" from reality because of

1472: books
1922: radio
1952: television
1972: disco music
1982: videotapes
1992: video games
2002: internet
2012: facebook

@Alkaia Said
Now children run wild having no respect for anyone
We have a breakdown of a moral society.

Blah blah blah. The older generation uses all of these arguments over and over and over and over, all throughout history, against anything and everything new that young people enjoy and didn't exist for the parents' generation.

Somehow the world keeps surviving.
white_swan53 On October 07, 2020

n/a, New Mexico
#26New Post! Nov 23, 2012 @ 20:01:59
@sTreetAngeL Said

I was going to mention that one as well; also, the possibility that if they were doing this much to him, perhaps it wasn't a suicide at all but a homicide.

I agree, homicide shouldn't be ruled out without an investigation .
It would be a logical 'assumption' that the 'victim' wouldn't be hanging around where that group hangs out away from school or home. Going on that assumption the attacks had to be happening either on school property or between his home and the school property.
What was being done to that poor kid was criminal ,no matter what the ages of the bunch that were victimizing him .. That goes way beyond ' boys will be boys' behavior.
With teen suicide being so prevalent in that area it seems that the adults , all of them teachers, law enforcement , parents, neighbors , everyone ,,would be extra diligent about watching for signs ,behavior , actions etc... of the teens they know or come in contact with regularly.
Electric_Banana On April 20, 2024

, New Zealand
#27New Post! Nov 24, 2012 @ 06:21:32
@scardycat Said

We have move around a lot and my daughter has a lot of different friends some from primary school we live in the country everyone knows everyone

Your daughter know a little boy named 'Damien' by chance?

, New Zealand
#28New Post! Nov 24, 2012 @ 06:27:32
Scardy Cat - Most teens get their feelings hurt because they care about others too much and still have a reverence for life.

So when their peers disapprove, they become easily heartbroken because they genuinely feel that they are in this world to be and share with them.

I'm wondering if parents should maybe start removing their kid's rose tints early before they're even in school.

If I had a kid (which I'm not) I'd tell her before pre-school "Hey, take the other kids with a grain of salt. They're bunch of stupid robots broken by fragile design. You know? Like Disney World?"
EoWyN On April 01, 2015
Lucky Me!

Deleted

Under your bed,
#29New Post! Nov 24, 2012 @ 06:44:03
Its never going to stop until they stand up for themselves, Or some one steps in to do some thing about it the parents need to teach their kids on how to deal with this kinds of crap.

I was bullied when I was in high school really bad and I did break down a few times and refused to go back to school but one day my bully went to far and I raged right back I beat her a** all I remember is grabbing her by the back of that head and slammed her face into the floor over and over,Next thing I Knew I was pulled off of her and suspended for 3 weeks.Needless to say I was never bullied again.

I got tired of it and stood up for myself,They wanted me to kill myself but I would not give them what they wanted :D

I Wish every other person could stand up for themselves like I did.

, New Zealand
#30New Post! Nov 24, 2012 @ 07:01:04
@EoWyN Said

Its never going to stop until they stand up for themselves, Or some one steps in to do some thing about it the parents need to teach their kids on how to deal with this kinds of crap.

I was bullied when I was in high school really bad and I did break down a few times and refused to go back to school but one day my bully went to far and I raged right back I beat her a** all I remember is grabbing her by the back of that head and slammed her face into the floor over and over,Next thing I Knew I was pulled off of her and suspended for 3 weeks.Needless to say I was never bullied again.

I got tired of it and stood up for myself,They wanted me to kill myself but I would not give them what they wanted :D

I Wish every other person could stand up for themselves like I did.

It involves several steps of awareness:

1. Realizing if this is the most this world has to offer, I am better than it so who cares if I lose my life? Might be somewhere else better and if not, at least I don't have to take the dwama any more.

2. Realizing most people around you won't make for long term friendships and cuddly companions. Most humans are disgusting, dirty and vile little s***s that are only selfishly in it for themselves.

So now that you no longer fear losing you or them..

...and for the sake of others who may come under fire of bullies...

..it is time to make an example of one and ramming your compass through their hand and then pummeling the crap out of their face while they're screaming in horror.

Trust me, after that more parents and teachers will begin stepping up to plate as more bullies proceed to step back a bit from it.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs