Relationships

It's over for good this time....

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>
tickleme On January 28, 2014

somewhere in the world., Antar
#1New Post! Sep 15, 2011 @ 07:07:50
My boyfriend and I have had several problems lately. Firstly from him not spending enough time with me (which we later talked about and resolved) as he started to realize he wasn't giving enough to the relationship. Then to having an incident recently with him having a friend of his who is a married woman call him up asking him out to dinner and dancing and instead of telling her he would be with me he said he would be working. He later broke up with me over that and then we talked and resolved things.

This time...he has been very busy with work and we havent seen each other all week. I've been chronically ill with a kidney infection today and really wanted to see him. He works where i live so when i saw him around i asked if he was coming over tonight to spend a little time with me and he said "of course" and then 15 mins after he knocks off from work he sends me a text "Sorry cant make it tonight, have bills to pay and shopping to do" so i write back "Thats ok, do you think maybe you could spare a half an hour for a coffee or something?" He didnt respond, so i called him, no answer, then i called again and he picked up and shouted into the phone "I am driving" and hung up on me and i havent heard a thing from him since.

For me i think this is good enough reason to end things with him. I am feeling completely gutted and heart broken. I need to get my apartment key and mail box key back from him and then i can go NC. This is going to be hard as he works where i live.

Does anyone think i am to over the top about ending this for this reason?

Any replies or help would be greatly appreciated.
GaryL On January 20, 2021

North Branch, Minnesota
#2New Post! Sep 15, 2011 @ 07:14:12
The guy's treating you like a doormat.

But that's just me.

#3New Post! Sep 15, 2011 @ 07:17:31
@GaryL Said

The guy's treating you like a doormat.

But that's just me.

I sure feel like a doormat. He apologises every time he does this stuff and then cries and carries on about how much he loves me and now he does it all over again but then when i complain he thinks i am over reacting.
GaryL On January 20, 2021

North Branch, Minnesota
#4New Post! Sep 15, 2011 @ 07:22:25
I would have let him go the first time he broke it off.

#5New Post! Sep 15, 2011 @ 07:25:29
I agree
JR_Sanford On August 02, 2017

Portland (St. Johns), Oregon
#6New Post! Sep 15, 2011 @ 07:27:09
@tickleme Said

My boyfriend and I have had several problems lately. Firstly from him not spending enough time with me (which we later talked about and resolved) as he started to realize he wasn't giving enough to the relationship. Then to having an incident recently with him having a friend of his who is a married woman call him up asking him out to dinner and dancing and instead of telling her he would be with me he said he would be working. He later broke up with me over that and then we talked and resolved things.

This time...he has been very busy with work and we havent seen each other all week. I've been chronically ill with a kidney infection today and really wanted to see him. He works where i live so when i saw him around i asked if he was coming over tonight to spend a little time with me and he said "of course" and then 15 mins after he knocks off from work he sends me a text "Sorry cant make it tonight, have bills to pay and shopping to do" so i write back "Thats ok, do you think maybe you could spare a half an hour for a coffee or something?" He didnt respond, so i called him, no answer, then i called again and he picked up and shouted into the phone "I am driving" and hung up on me and i havent heard a thing from him since.

For me i think this is good enough reason to end things with him. I am feeling completely gutted and heart broken. I need to get my apartment key and mail box key back from him and then i can go NC. This is going to be hard as he works where i live.

Does anyone think i am to over the top about ending this for this reason?

Any replies or help would be greatly appreciated.

Move on... you deserve better.

J.R.
maximillion On December 13, 2016

, Minnesota
#7New Post! Sep 15, 2011 @ 07:28:17
move on find someone that wants to spend time with you and appreciates you

#8New Post! Sep 15, 2011 @ 07:28:30
Thank you
waldo On August 02, 2016
I don't care

lancaster, United Kingdom
#9New Post! Sep 15, 2011 @ 08:04:20
I think we told you first time to leave this loser. maybe you'll get the message and move on.
Electric_Banana On February 05, 2024

, New Zealand
#10New Post! Sep 15, 2011 @ 08:05:43
Your personality type is very rare - you appreciated your boyfriend enough to have feelings for him and try this hard. Most women are not like that.

Wish there would have been more of you around back during all those years that I was single.

#11New Post! Sep 15, 2011 @ 08:21:54
Thank you Electric Banana, those kind words of yours made me smile.
offbeat On November 18, 2022

london, United Kingdom
#12New Post! Sep 15, 2011 @ 08:25:05
am i the only one who suspects she has been a wee bit clingy
Rehabilitation_Please On May 20, 2016
Has Tiger Blood

Peterborough, United Kingdom
#13New Post! Sep 15, 2011 @ 08:43:42
@offbeat Said

am i the only one who suspects she has been a wee bit clingy

No I got that feeling too.
offbeat On November 18, 2022

london, United Kingdom
#14New Post! Sep 15, 2011 @ 08:46:29
@Rehabilitation_Please Said

No I got that feeling too.

yeah...it may be hard for her to hear us say that , but i think it might help her move away from him and of course alter her behaviour slightly with a future partner
dingle On March 20, 2016
TITTY DAVE

Stoke-On-Trent, United Kingdom
#15New Post! Sep 15, 2011 @ 08:50:58
I think youre being way over the top, you need to just relax a little and just take it with a pinch of salt. Everyone needs their own space and if he doesnt want to spend all his time with you then so what! He'll come see you when he's ready and then you'll enjoy it more.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs