It's that time again!

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ...10 11 12 · >>
chaski On about 21 hours ago
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#76New Post! Sep 01, 2019 @ 20:01:16
One person has died and at least nine others are injured after a knife attack in the suburbs of the French city of Lyon.

If the French want to get some skin in the mass murder game, they are going to have to start using guns.

I mean, good grief, only 1 dead and only 9 injured...

A gun could have upped those numbers to something more respectable and mass murder like... like 5 to 10 (or more) dead and 20+ injured.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#77New Post! Sep 19, 2019 @ 00:33:32
I wonder of ol' Mitch has seen this?

Or will Nimby wait for one in KY?
Darkman666 On about 5 hours ago

Saint Louis, Missouri
#78New Post! Sep 19, 2019 @ 01:57:48
it is that time again, that all boys grow-up not like bozo, it's time that all boys and girls growing up good men and women. because in other countries, boys and girls like us, not everyone was a mouseketeer that joined the mickey mouse show.

the ones, who didn't joined mickey mouse clubhouse.

they become rats, they are in the republican congress now.

this endorsement message from the democrat congress.

NE, Ohio
#79New Post! Sep 20, 2019 @ 01:48:10
"Colt stop manufacture of AR-15 for consumers"
Don't assume.
Read beyond the headlines ...

It's no "Moral" Decision.
Simply a business decision.
Over production, especially now that major retailers are choosing not to sell.
Stalker

#80New Post! Sep 20, 2019 @ 04:00:20
@mrmhead Said

"Colt stop manufacture of AR-15 for consumers"
Don't assume.
Read beyond the headlines ...

It's no "Moral" Decision.
Simply a business decision.
Over production, especially now that major retailers are choosing not to sell.

Obama....

...and more specifically the myth that Obama was going to take away "our" guns....

was the best thing that ever happened to the firearms industry.

The Trump presidency has resulted in low domestic arms sales.

>>> IRONY <<<
Erimitus On July 01, 2021

The mind of God, Antarctica
#81New Post! Sep 20, 2019 @ 07:10:41
AS I understand it they will continue to manufacture for the military.
Stalker

#82New Post! Sep 20, 2019 @ 15:27:22
@Erimitus Said

AS I understand it they will continue to manufacture for the military.

So it seems that they view the AR15 as a military "assault" rifle and not a "sporting" firearm.

One would think that they know, after all, they make them.

Probably either "Fake news!" or a leftist liberal trick of some sort.

Note: Colt actually still considers the AR15 a modern sporting rifle. They are cutting back production for supply & demand related reasons.

NE, Ohio
#83New Post! Nov 14, 2019 @ 19:53:29
30 mass shootings on school grounds this year.

Not limiting the stat to school grounds, as of September 1, more than 1 per day. I expect that statistic hasn't changed.

But we'll wait for the updated statistics to be published... shortly.

Of course after everyone has given their Thoughts and Prayers.
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#84New Post! Nov 14, 2019 @ 20:32:21
And I took my yearly active shooter training last night. Some weeks there is just not enough medication to get through it.
Conflict On about 6 hours ago

Alcalá de Henares, Spain
#85New Post! Nov 14, 2019 @ 20:44:59
Which member of this forum suggested the Sandy Hook shooting was an act of mother nature to make sure the local demographic didn't grow too much? Maybe it was someone on another forum, but I definitely recall someone making such a comment.

Eight years later, does that statement ring true? Was the loss of twenty children and the adults a way to maintain the balance? Have their been any demographic changes? I cannot actually believe anyone would be cruel and insensitive as to imply such a thing. I never would.
Jennifer1984 On July 20, 2022
Returner and proud

Penzance, United Kingdom
#86New Post! Nov 16, 2019 @ 06:27:55
@gakINGKONG Said

My solution is to not be that person. I intend to not conduct an indiscriminate mass shooting. I further my influence by creating a two-parent stable home and instill the values I have in my children.

If everyone did that there would be no shootings--no murders of any kind. But for the grace of God.

That said, mass killings will continue. And once the laws are changed and the guns removed, then our officials will decry the knife attacks until a national call for knife ban happens.

Your Welcome,
and good night

There is a difference between a shooting and a stabbing. Not from the point of view of the end result, mind. Both cause serious injury with the risk of death to the person suffering the attack.

The difference is in what it takes for the individual to carry out such an attack.

A gun is a "remote" weapon in as much as there is usually a distance between the shooter and the shot. With a rifle you can shoot somebody from, say, behind a picket fence on a grassy knoll and not only the victim, but all the witnesses will never know who you are. May not even see you there, let alone get a look at your face or be able to identify you later. Might not even be able to prove you were ever there. It is also more difficult to disarm a shooter. You can't get close enough to them without the risk of being shot while you approach.

You can even argue that you didn't kill anybody. The gun did the killing. You can - with a warped enough mindset - separate yourself from the act.

With a gun or rifle, it is possible to kill many people before a response disarms or kills you. N

With a knife, now, that's different. With a knife you have to make personal physical contact with the victim. You have to push the knife into another human beings body. You might find yourself looking into their eyes. You may even find their blood is spilled on your hands.

Now, that's personal. You feel that. You can't detach yourself from it. You can wash the blood away, but you can't cleanse it from your soul. "Out, damned spot." might clean your clothes, but it won't ease your conscience.

With a knife you can only attack one person at a time. Once the alarm is raised people can flee or put a barrier between you and them. Incidents of multiple stabbings are comparatively rare.

There is a big difference between shooting and stabbing. And if you add in the likelihood that getting up close to somebody who will likely fight back increases the possibility that you may be disarmed before doing anybody any harm, then in my opinion, such attacks are far less likely as an act of random violence than shooting.
4d4m On December 23, 2022

4dforum.org,
#87New Post! Nov 16, 2019 @ 06:45:06
Has it occurred to anyone the number of school shootings is off the hook. Has it occurred to anyone the number of unarmed black men shot by cops is over the top? Has it occurred to anyone the number of mass murders in this country is crazy?
These are not normal times
gakINGKONG On October 18, 2022

, Florida
#88New Post! Nov 16, 2019 @ 12:48:45
@Jennifer1984 Said

There is a difference between a shooting and a stabbing. Not from the point of view of the end result, mind. Both cause serious injury with the risk of death to the person suffering the attack.

The difference is in what it takes for the individual to carry out such an attack.

A gun is a "remote" weapon in as much as there is usually a distance between the shooter and the shot. With a rifle you can shoot somebody from, say, behind a picket fence on a grassy knoll and not only the victim, but all the witnesses will never know who you are. May not even see you there, let alone get a look at your face or be able to identify you later. Might not even be able to prove you were ever there. It is also more difficult to disarm a shooter. You can't get close enough to them without the risk of being shot while you approach.

You can even argue that you didn't kill anybody. The gun did the killing. You can - with a warped enough mindset - separate yourself from the act.

With a gun or rifle, it is possible to kill many people before a response disarms or kills you. N

With a knife, now, that's different. With a knife you have to make personal physical contact with the victim. You have to push the knife into another human beings body. You might find yourself looking into their eyes. You may even find their blood is spilled on your hands.

Now, that's personal. You feel that. You can't detach yourself from it. You can wash the blood away, but you can't cleanse it from your soul. "Out, damned spot." might clean your clothes, but it won't ease your conscience.

With a knife you can only attack one person at a time. Once the alarm is raised people can flee or put a barrier between you and them. Incidents of multiple stabbings are comparatively rare.

There is a big difference between shooting and stabbing. And if you add in the likelihood that getting up close to somebody who will likely fight back increases the possibility that you may be disarmed before doing anybody any harm, then in my opinion, such attacks are far less likely as an act of random violence than shooting.

Knife violence is okay I guess. But I would still rather be shot than stabbed. Baby steps.
gakINGKONG On October 18, 2022

, Florida
#89New Post! Nov 16, 2019 @ 12:51:53
@4d4m Said

Has it occurred to anyone the number of school shootings is off the hook. Has it occurred to anyone the number of unarmed black men shot by cops is over the top? Has it occurred to anyone the number of mass murders in this country is crazy?

Americans shouldn’t beat themselves up so much. Yesterday I had a meal. I have access to clean water. No one has discovered the bodies. It’s a great day.
Jennifer1984 On July 20, 2022
Returner and proud

Penzance, United Kingdom
#90New Post! Nov 16, 2019 @ 12:59:05
@4d4m Said

I agree this is not "normal", unfortunately, such events do seem to be becoming "the norm" over there.

On this side of the pond we look at these things and shake our heads in sorrow and wonder at how an advanced society such as the USA can allow such things to happen. It quite beggars belief.

We are not perfect by any stretch of the imagination and don't claim to be superior in any way other than that we have strict gun control laws. However, we have had an increase in knife crime, almost exclusively in major cities and it is almost exclusively connected to gang warfare, drug dealing..... the usual suspects in violent crime. Public concern is very high over this issue and politicians of all parties are promising to address this in the run up to the General Election. Whether or not they do, well, time will tell.

I fully understand the Second Amendment and the importance of the Constitution in the legal mechanism of the USA but would argue that if the second amendment was inserted INTO the Constitution as an addition, it can be repealed OUT of it as a removal.

If the mechanism of government is either unwilling or unable to repeal the second amendment, then perhaps calling something as radical as a national referendum, legally binding on all 50 states, would give the President a mandate. Let the people decide.

I also know that a President like Trump would never allow such a referendum to happen, but at some point in the future, a President may come to the White House with enough courage (and bodyguards for the rest of his life. Let's be under no illusions about the risk to his own life that he'd be taking) to make such a call.

But something has to be done. It has to be. The attitude of "Nothing can be done so do nothing" can't be allowed to continue unabated. This is America's national nightmare and it has to be addressed.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ...10 11 12 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs