It's that time again!

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ...10 11 12 · >>
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#61New Post! Aug 12, 2019 @ 19:56:41
And here's one that DIDN'T happen because:
The suspected shooter was overpowered during the attack by a 65-year-old man named Mohamed Rafiq, said his counsel Abdul-Satar Ali on Sunday.
Speaking to the press with Rafiq at his side, Ali said: "Mohamed acted immediately when the shooter entered the room. He toppled the shooter and pinned him to the floor, (and) sat on top of him."

Norway

Hmmm... No "Good guy with a gun"
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#62New Post! Aug 12, 2019 @ 22:51:48
Um... there were armed people in Walmart in El Paso. There was still a shooting and people died. Good guy with a gun, is a fantasy. Might as well have LOTR elves stationed everywhere.
gakINGKONG On October 18, 2022

, Florida
#63New Post! Aug 13, 2019 @ 06:48:53
@DiscordTiger Said

Um... there were armed people in Walmart in El Paso. There was still a shooting and people died. Good guy with a gun, is a fantasy. Might as well have LOTR elves stationed everywhere.

It's the best option regardless of the fantasy.

The difference here is I can produce and the fire-arm and with the right training and a bit of good fortune, I can protect my family.

All the elves are stuck in Comic-Con.

The real solution, to be frank, is to find lower density population areas. Lesser populated areas have less violence.

It's a people problem.

NE, Ohio
#64New Post! Aug 13, 2019 @ 12:27:46
@gakINGKONG Said

The difference here is I can produce and the fire-arm and with the right training and a bit of good fortune, I can protect my family.

The real solution, to be frank, is to find lower density population areas. Lesser populated areas have less violence.

It's a people problem.

Yeah, Here's a Good guy with a gun . And you'd expect he'd know better.

Just think of all the yahoos that will want to show off their "big iron" if you open this up.

And now some gun-nuts in Ohio want state-wide concealed carry, without a permit or background checks.
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#65New Post! Aug 13, 2019 @ 15:05:18
I think that everyone should be allowed to have guns… In fact I think as soon as someone is old enough to hold a gun they should be given a gun...

That way everybody has guns…

People can wear them publicly or people can conceal them…

Hey a family who guns together as fun together...And a society who guns together has fun together…

NE, Ohio
#66New Post! Aug 13, 2019 @ 15:23:05
@chaski Said

I think that everyone should be allowed to have guns… In fact I think as soon as someone is old enough to hold a gun they should be given a gun...

That way everybody has guns…

People can wear them publicly or people can conceal them…

Hey a family who guns together as fun together...And a society who guns together has fun together…

It would probably help that "People / Population" problem!
Erimitus On July 01, 2021

The mind of God, Antarctica
#67New Post! Aug 13, 2019 @ 22:20:10
checkpoints at the entrance to malls, events, etc.

But ...but you say, "the shooter will just find a soft target. yes but there will be fewer soft targets.
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#68New Post! Aug 14, 2019 @ 02:40:52
@Erimitus Said

yes but there will be fewer soft targets.

Beating the dead horse mass murders do not typically look for "soft targets". They look for revenge. If you block them from entry, yes they have to find a place were they have access... like the parking lot outside of the school or office or bar or...etc... but that is not the same as looking for a soft target. The target is the target.

And terrorists... have patience and ingenuity. They are more about the biggest terrifying impact... sometimes a soft target other times a not so soft target in the form of a government building.
white_swan53 On October 07, 2020

n/a, New Mexico
#69New Post! Aug 14, 2019 @ 07:51:55
My oldest grand daughter survived a school shooting in 2017 in the small town she has grown up in .
Two students lost their lives that December day.
I can not imagine becoming immune to these horrific tragedies .If you have ever looked into the eyes of a kid that means the world to you and listen to them relive their experience . Immune just isn't an option.
nooneinparticular On March 16, 2023

, Hawaii
#70New Post! Aug 14, 2019 @ 08:07:28
@gakINGKONG Said

It's a people problem.

The irony of that being that if more people seek less populated areas, they no longer are less populated areas.

NE, Ohio
#71New Post! Aug 15, 2019 @ 01:44:37
North Philly should qualify as a mass shooting, though not a mass killing.

I wonder if there will be any more focus on change because the victims were law enforcement?

Naw... this too shall pass.
Darkman666 On April 23, 2024

Saint Louis, Missouri
#72New Post! Aug 15, 2019 @ 02:40:26
is the question what you rather see or read an article these days. someone like philly just wanted and a take into standoff with law enforcement in some way somewhat can happen anywhere.

or, a mass shooting that the gunman has no agenda, just kill anybody in his or her sights. nowdays, what motivation does someone need from society to set them off?

obviously, even if there is mental illness in evolve in mass shootings, what does the society do a person trigger off this violence?

NE, Ohio
#73New Post! Aug 15, 2019 @ 23:01:43
CNN article on Fox poll

- on a related note:

What would be so bad about a buy-back program?
I thought I heard one Dem candidate mention that.

We have them here in the big city every now and then.
Darkman666 On April 23, 2024

Saint Louis, Missouri
#74New Post! Aug 16, 2019 @ 00:09:47
a couple of months ago, in st. louis city, to encouraged people paid their traffic fines in the city. if I remember they encouraged people to bring in guns. any types of guns, no questions where they got. to take the city destroyed them. it sound like a good idea to kill two stones with one brush. whatever. get more people paid off debts and make the city look good. st. louis city is still in top 20 dangerous city in the usa over 20 years.

NE, Ohio
#75New Post! Sep 01, 2019 @ 19:53:11
@mrmhead Said

Thoughts and Prayers
Headline News cycle (getting shorter)
It's too soon
Let them grieve
Promises promises
Historical recap (getting longer)
Enforce the laws
It's my constitutional right
You can't stop all of them, so why stop any of them

Thank you,
Good night!

Pete and Repeat were on a fence. Pete fell off and who was left?

"Toddlers are funny because they can get shot but still want to run around and play,
...Her mouth is pretty bad, but will heal and can be fixed. Thankfully it doesn't seem like her jaw was hit. Just lips, teeth and tongue. She's having surgery tomorrow to remove the shrapnel from her chest and to fix her lip and mouth and to get a better look at her tongue. We are thanking God for healing her and appreciate continued prayers."
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ...10 11 12 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs