AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6 ...10 11 12 · >>
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#46New Post! Aug 08, 2019 @ 12:54:06
@mrmhead Said

See! See!! It's not just Guns !!

We can't stop them all, so why try to stop any of them?

People are losing it more and more everyday.
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#47New Post! Aug 08, 2019 @ 15:30:52
@restoreone Said

Is this from Reddit shooting list?

I got the list from Wikipedia, but each listed city had a reference link. The links came from various news stories around the country.

I confess to not checking every reference, but I did spot check many.

They seem to be legitimate media outlets, mostly "local" news websites.

Note: The list was only from 2019. Basically the point is that mass shootings occur all across our nation. If mass shootings were a decease, they would be viewed as a nationwide epidemic.
Electric_Banana On February 05, 2024

, New Zealand
#48New Post! Aug 08, 2019 @ 17:51:59
Shooters gotta shoot

Think I would feel bad and take the situation with more serious empathy if most people in this world were darlin' little angels; but they know they're not.

Society makes the monsters and then cry when the monsters do those things monsters do
restoreone On January 30, 2022

, Ohio
#49New Post! Aug 08, 2019 @ 19:42:53
@chaski Said

I got the list from Wikipedia, but each listed city had a reference link. The links came from various news stories around the country.

I confess to not checking every reference, but I did spot check many.

They seem to be legitimate media outlets, mostly "local" news websites.

Note: The list was only from 2019. Basically the point is that mass shootings occur all across our nation. If mass shootings were a decease, they would be viewed as a nationwide epidemic.

I did not think so Reddit list has around 300 mass shootings so far this year.They count a mass shooting as 4 or more people injured by the shooter or shooters. To get it posted you must provide a local news article. Many news sites and the government do not count shooting where no one died. Gang violence or shootings happening during another criminal act.
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

#50New Post! Aug 08, 2019 @ 20:50:45
@restoreone Said

I did not think so Reddit list has around 300 mass shootings so far this year.They count a mass shooting as 4 or more people injured by the shooter or shooters. To get it posted you must provide a local news article. Many news sites and the government do not count shooting where no one died. Gang violence or shootings happening during another criminal act.

Wikipedia lists 248 mass shootings, with 246 killed and 979 wounded, in 156 cities... so far in 2019.

As mentioned in my post, I think it a partial list of U.S. cities where mass shootings have occurred in 2019.

Then, if we start looking back over the last few years (or many years), it becomes obvious (I think) that this is a nationwide problem... not just inner city problem, not just a big city problem, and clearly no just a problem of Chicago, Baltimore and Washington DC.
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#51New Post! Aug 09, 2019 @ 19:32:30
@chaski Said

Wikipedia lists 248 mass shootings, with 246 killed and 979 wounded, in 156 cities... so far in 2019.

As mentioned in my post, I think it a partial list of U.S. cities where mass shootings have occurred in 2019.

Then, if we start looking back over the last few years (or many years), it becomes obvious (I think) that this is a nationwide problem... not just inner city problem, not just a big city problem, and clearly no just a problem of Chicago, Baltimore and Washington DC.

I agree. From what I see, since it may have happened so often certain cities (like the few you stated) that it almost became part of a norm. I may be wrong, but I feel that they are pushing for gun reform stronger because these shootings are starting to happen outside of these cities where it may be frequent.
Darkman666 On about 18 hours ago

Saint Louis, Missouri
#52New Post! Aug 09, 2019 @ 20:10:14
there was an article in st. louis post dispatch yesterday.

it said basely st. louis is on the top 20 cities that one of the most dangerous cities in the usa. any foreign tourists should avoid st. louis to visit. this warning came from across the world that send out by ( I can't find the article on the post today to copy for you.) foreign government official agency.

some cities like Detroit, Washington,dc. and other major cities are affect.

almost every night, in st. louis - there is two to five murders in st.louis city alone. not to far where I live. we have close or up 200 murders a year.

I know not the best for st. louis, I think about time that Europe, and the world should know that usa is not the best live or visit.
gakINGKONG On October 18, 2022

, Florida
#53New Post! Aug 12, 2019 @ 06:23:39
Gun free zone‘s are dumb. It is an invitation to someone who knows that they want to hurt others that there is a soft target area filled with people who want to obey signs. It would make sense to abolish gun free zone‘s and allow anyone almost anywhere to carry. I would think the exclusion could be mass transit.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#54New Post! Aug 12, 2019 @ 11:34:07
@gakINGKONG Said

Gun free zone‘s are dumb. It is an invitation to someone who knows that they want to hurt others that there is a soft target area filled with people who want to obey signs. It would make sense to abolish gun free zone‘s and allow anyone almost anywhere to carry. I would think the exclusion could be mass transit.

3 point solution:

1) Ban gun-free zones

2) Require public places to put up signage to say "No Mass Shootings"

3) Restrict Body Armor to law enforcement personnel only

Then we can say something was done. And after the next mass shooting just shrug your shoulders and say "I dunno, we did all we could!"

chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

#55New Post! Aug 12, 2019 @ 14:59:55
@gakINGKONG Said

Gun free zone‘s are dumb.

@mrmhead Said

3 point solution:

1) Ban gun-free zones

Laws are for the mostly law abiding people.

> People who are not going to do bad things don't need the laws.

> People who are going to do bad things are going to do bad things. In their case the laws are about punishment.

> The people how are mostly good, but might cross the line are the ones who need the laws. They are the ones swayed by "oh that is against the law" and "if I do that I will be punished".

Thus, right or wrong, ultimately "gun-free zones" are not actually about keeping guns out of certain areas.

What they are about is creating an additional set of crimes with which to prosecute people.

Similarly schools are typically considered "drug free zones". The purpose isn't really to stop drug usage nor to stop drug dealing. It is to add additional criminal charges to the persons caught with drugs in/around schools. To repeat the idea... people who are going to use drugs are going use them, people who are not going to use the are not going to use them, people who might use them might be swayed from taking drugs to school because there will be additional charges & mandatory minimum sentences.

Gun-free zones are not for the crazy mass murderer. They are for the the not crazy people who need a nudge to not do stupid s*** like bringing guns to school; normal parents, normal students, normal teachers, etc...

Oh, and this soft target thing is BS. Mass murderers go to whatever target that is the source of their anger: school, work, a store, a highway, etc...

Mass murderers don't shop around for "soft targets". They already know who and what their targets are.

Now, terrorists will sometimes seak out soft targets... but they are a different issue.
gakINGKONG On October 18, 2022

, Florida
#56New Post! Aug 12, 2019 @ 15:03:58
@mrmhead Said

3 point solution:

1) Ban gun-free zones

2) Require public places to put up signage to say "No Mass Shootings"

3) Restrict Body Armor to law enforcement personnel only

Then we can say something was done. And after the next mass shooting just shrug your shoulders and say "I dunno, we did all we could!"

To me it’s not funny. I don’t think mass shootings are funny what-so-ever.

There’s no “we” in this situation. The individual must do his part to keep himself safe and to do what’s right. Fortunately there are legal options one can take. I recommend that city officials and city planners embrace open carry so would be terrorists think twice.

NE, Ohio
#57New Post! Aug 12, 2019 @ 15:57:18
@gakINGKONG Said
The individual must do his part to keep himself safe and to do what’s right.

Keep safe:
Don't go to bars, Walmart, outdoor concerts, church, school, work....

Quote:
embrace open carry so would be terrorists think twice.

I have a hunch that most terrorists or mass shooters don't expect, or don't care about coming out of it alive.

The Dayton shooter was stopped in under a minute by law enforcement.

Open carry would have created even more chaos in the Las Vegas shooting

In a "Gun Free Zone", at least law enforcement would know the good guys (no guns) from the bad guys (carrying guns)
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

#58New Post! Aug 12, 2019 @ 16:03:11
@gakINGKONG Said

I recommend that city officials and city planners embrace open carry so would be terrorists think twice.

@mrmhead Said

I have a hunch that most terrorists or mass shooters don't expect, or don't care about coming out of it alive.

Yes... open carry would certainly have stopped Oklahoma City bombing.

Side note: While some terrorists commit mass shootings, most "mass murderers" are not "terrorists".
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#59New Post! Aug 12, 2019 @ 16:04:57
Our mass shootings are our answer to suicide bombers, complete with the international travel advisory. We have become no different in this regard than the Islamic extremists that we abhor.

NE, Ohio
#60New Post! Aug 12, 2019 @ 16:14:38
@Leon Said

Our mass shootings are our answer to suicide bombers, complete with the international travel advisory. We have become no different in this regard than the Islamic extremists that we abhor.

At least Islamic terrorists have a particular reason and specific targets... usually

The reasons and targets of mass shootings vary.

School bullying
Domestic or workplace conflicts
Religious or racial hatred
Social media / bragging rights
and some we will just never know.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6 ...10 11 12 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs