Forums: Art & Literature:
Writing

It's taking over me...

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
JorieJukebox On January 29, 2024

Right Here, Not There,
#1New Post! Jan 24, 2015 @ 01:30:47
I've always loved to write... Simple journal writing, poetry & prose... Writing just to WRITE. I have notebooks upon NOTEBOOKS of lyrics to my favorite songs, journals, lists of words I look up and write down... I just like putting that ink on paper!

A couple of months ago, I was cleaning out one of my Mom's closets for her. (She was afraid of the spiders I never DID find, lol.)
It turned out, there was a few boxes of my stuff in there as well. Books, mostly. And some VHS tapes. I don't even own a VCR anymore... Does anyone???
I also found a lot of writing that I thought I had lost a long time ago. Pages of story that looked like my English teacher got a hold of with all the red circles and notes in the margins...
I've been inspired. It's all I want to do, is WRITE. I've written pages and pages of notes on the initial story I found. Plot notes, character notes, location notes... Notes that have pretty much rendered the first 30 pages I'd written long ago obsolete. (I had tried re-writing it, but it never ever came out right...)
I went out and bought a bunch of new notebooks, because I've been reading about all these projects I want to do, and a few, I've already started. Freewriting prompts and exercises... Specific creative writing projects... I have totally thrown myself into this...
Finding those pages of writing I thought I'd lost re-awakened something... And whatever it is, GOT SOME REST and is back with a force... I am loving what it's done to me.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#2New Post! Jan 24, 2015 @ 01:41:22
Good for you!
With today's technology, there are so many more avenues for you to get your work out there - if that's what you're looking to do
JorieJukebox On January 29, 2024

Right Here, Not There,
#3New Post! Jan 24, 2015 @ 02:19:07
@mrmhead Said

Good for you!
With today's technology, there are so many more avenues for you to get your work out there - if that's what you're looking to do

Thanks! I'm not entirely sure as to how far I'll attempt to take anything that comes of this... Although, honestly, I have daydreamed a bit, as to where it could go. But for the most part, I am writing just for the joy of writing.
I do like this technology... for so many reasons but mostly because it allows me to be the attention whore that I can tend to be, but it lets me do it on my terms... Instant gratification, if you will, lol... And all at my fingertips.
As for the actual writing, I prefer the good old pen to paper. I've tried getting inspired over the keyboard, it just doesn't work for me... It's more personal... More... ORGANIC... To me anyway.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs