Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 · >>
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#16New Post! Aug 09, 2012 @ 00:44:56
@Willi Said

was a time we sat with our radio, and a finger on the record button

And now that you think of it, we can't do that anymore. Advancements in technology my ass...
Electric_Banana On about 3 hours ago

, New Zealand
#17New Post! Aug 09, 2012 @ 00:44:56
@Willi Said

was a time we sat with our radio, and a finger on the record button

There's freeware net radio programs that you can download now and leave the stations running with a preset wishlist.

When a song from your wishlist is about to air, the software will begin auto-recording.

Some freeware out there also extracts the song file from Youtube videos and converts to MP3.

Sort of a backdoor loophole way of side stepping copy right issues.

You will notice however that this is one of the reasons that many YouTube videos are cut off to countries outside of America due to less control as well some artists have been mutilating their videos with intermittent beeps so that no one can sneak a high quality pure mp3 from them.
Yodogs On December 26, 2023

Sturgis, South Dakota
#18New Post! Aug 09, 2012 @ 00:46:00
@someone_else Said

Can that happen at your age?

It happened, i am turning 15 for your info in 1 and a half days.
I used to watch it when i was really little, everyday after school it would be on.
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#19New Post! Aug 09, 2012 @ 00:50:53
But yeah, I never buy music anymore, and haven't for years, with the exception of a few artists. And even those artists, I just buy the mp3s I like after listening to their new album for free (MySpace, YouTube).

The reason for this are the four fantastic alternative radio stations here in SoCal, two of which have been on the air since the early 80's (LA's KROQ and SD's 91X). It is a fantastic way to keep up to date with the latest bands and trends. I'm also a classical and classic jazz fan, and there are several quality local stations that play those as well.
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#20New Post! Aug 09, 2012 @ 00:51:10
@someone_else Said

Oh my gosh. I recently (within the last year or two) ran into one of my cassette tapes that I did that with.

My radio looked like this:

i made 8 tracks
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#21New Post! Aug 09, 2012 @ 00:54:14
@Leon Said

And now that you think of it, we can't do that anymore. Advancements in technology my ass...

i didn't know that.
when did they start transmiting like that?
someone_else On August 30, 2012
Not a dude.

Deleted

American Alps, Washington
#22New Post! Aug 09, 2012 @ 00:55:26
@Yodogs Said

It happened, i am turning 15 for your info in 1 and a half days.
I used to watch it when i was really little, everyday after school it would be on.

What the heck were you doing watching that show when you were really little? Were you a Dewey?

@Willi Said

i made 8 tracks

We had a combination 8-track/reel-to-reel player. I can still remember my dad taking it and a microphone down to the lounge to record his friends' band. He probably still has it (and a pile of 8-tracks).
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#23New Post! Aug 09, 2012 @ 00:55:40
@Electric_Banana Said

There's freeware net radio programs that you can download now and leave the stations running with a preset wishlist.

When a song from your wishlist is about to air, the software will begin auto-recording.

Some freeware out there also extracts the song file from Youtube videos and converts to MP3.

Sort of a backdoor loophole way of side stepping copy right issues.

You will notice however that this is one of the reasons that many YouTube videos are cut off to countries outside of America due to less control as well some artists have been mutilating their videos with intermittent beeps so that no one can sneak a high quality pure mp3 from them.

interesting.
theft has become ez.
Eaglebauer On July 23, 2019
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#24New Post! Aug 09, 2012 @ 00:56:16
@Leon Said

Were you a Dial-A-Song caller?

YES!!!!! Holy s*** I totally forgot about that.
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#25New Post! Aug 09, 2012 @ 00:57:15
@someone_else Said

We had a combination 8-track/reel-to-reel player. I can still remember my dad taking it and a microphone down to the lounge to record his friends' band. He probably still has it (and a pile of 8-tracks).

check em, they might be blank from time.
Not a dude.

Deleted

#26New Post! Aug 09, 2012 @ 00:57:45
@Eaglebauer Said

YES!!!!! Holy s*** I totally forgot about that.

Uh-oh...prepare for the repressed memories.
Not a dude.

Deleted

#27New Post! Aug 09, 2012 @ 01:00:05
@Willi Said

check em, they might be blank from time.

The 8-tracks? He didn't record on the 8-tracks, he recorded on the reel-to-reel.
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#28New Post! Aug 09, 2012 @ 01:02:08
@Willi Said

i didn't know that.
when did they start transmiting like that?

Well, with the age of CD radios or mp3 players, are most of them recordable devices? Nope. Same with videos. The recording feature is not as prevalent on common players as it was when we had VH1 players.
Electric_Banana On about 3 hours ago

, New Zealand
#29New Post! Aug 09, 2012 @ 01:03:02
@Willi Said

interesting.
theft has become ez.

Not really.

Big Brother doesn't have as hard of a time documenting, herding and orchestrating individual's thefting activities as it would seem.

I would consider it like this:

Back in the eighties no one would complain about us making copies of our friend's tapes.

Reason being: Small Scale Moderation

The net has opened the door to blowing this way out of moderation.

Willy Nelson and the Feds aren't going to be as upset if you download one Willy song as they would be if you were a crime syndicate mass pirating, distributing and reselling those bootlegs.

Also, most bootlegs and sites hosting them are like a dollar on a string in hopes of luring big time nasties around the corner and into their back alley.
Eaglebauer On July 23, 2019
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#30New Post! Aug 09, 2012 @ 01:06:28
@someone_else Said

Oh my gosh. I recently (within the last year or two) ran into one of my cassette tapes that I did that with.

My radio looked like this:

This was the EXACT model I had

Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs