It's been a long couple of days

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>
Wingsy On November 26, 2023
wingsdillialicious!

Wingsville,
#1New Post! Oct 16, 2013 @ 21:15:53
I'm so tired, I feel like I could sleep until Sunday.

The short version involves a good friend, her 5 month old baby, the baby's father (who, incidentally is no longer allowed around the baby), and a night at John's Hopkins Bloomberg Children's Center.

Basically, I got a text yesterday morning that my friend was at the ER with her baby and that he had a fractured arm. He's 5 months old. It's not like he fell down skateboarding. The police, DCFS, social services, the whole gang is involved. They've come to the conclusion that his father did something to him. Nobody knows what because he was fine when my friend left for work, but he wasn't when she got home.

Our local hospital sent him to Hopkins because he is only 5 months old (and he was a premie), and Hopkins kept him over night for observation and more tests to make sure that he didn't have any other signs of abuse. Luckily, everything else was okay.

I stayed at the hospital last night with my friend and the baby...neither of us slept much. I slept about 3 hours on the couch in the room with the baby on my chest, but that was about it. I'm so beat, but being there was where I needed to be.
boxer On June 16, 2016

Deleted
Banned

, Zimbabwe
#2New Post! Oct 16, 2013 @ 21:25:20
Ouch! Now I feel bad for blaming you.

Have you located the baby's father so we can beat him senseless?
Wingsy On November 26, 2023
wingsdillialicious!

Wingsville,
#3New Post! Oct 16, 2013 @ 21:29:15
@boxer Said

Ouch! Now I feel bad for blaming you.

Have you located the baby's father so we can beat him senseless?

His mom and I laughed about your post.
Another point of amusement: I sent a text to a mutual friend venting about the baby's father and said the baby doesn't deserve a broken arm. My phone auto corrected arm to e-mail. How in the world do you get e-mail from arm??? That was a big joke all day...the baby's broken e-mail.

No, I don't know where his father is. But if I could find him, he'd have 2 broken arms and at least 1 broken leg.
boxer On June 16, 2016

Deleted
Banned

, Zimbabwe
#4New Post! Oct 16, 2013 @ 21:32:16
@Wingsy Said

Another point of amusement: I sent a text to a mutual friend venting about the baby's father and said the baby doesn't deserve a broken arm. My phone auto corrected arm to e-mail. How in the world do you get e-mail from arm??? That was a big joke all day...the baby's broken e-mail.

No, I don't know where his father is. But if I could find him, he'd have 2 broken arms and at least 1 broken leg.

I love auto correct. I love it so much that I've turned it off. Let me know if you need help when you find the father. I've got vacation coming, and I'll need the exercise.
Judas On September 02, 2015

, Canada
#5New Post! Oct 16, 2013 @ 21:48:57
We have invented a great device for people like the father. f*** spending tax dollars keeping him in a hospital or jail.
Hopefully everyone else recovers okay.
BozieFozie On May 19, 2022
Life's a Beach

Paradise, Florida
#6New Post! Oct 16, 2013 @ 21:53:03
@Wingsy Said

The short version involves a good friend, her 5 month old baby, the baby's father (who, incidentally is no longer allowed around the baby), and a night at John's Hopkins Bloomberg Children's Center.

Basically, I got a text yesterday morning that my friend was at the ER with her baby and that he had a fractured arm. He's 5 months old. It's not like he fell down skateboarding. The police, DCFS, social services, the whole gang is involved. They've come to the conclusion that his father did something to him. Nobody knows what because he was fine when my friend left for work, but he wasn't when she got home.

Our local hospital sent him to Hopkins because he is only 5 months old (and he was a premie), and Hopkins kept him over night for observation and more tests to make sure that he didn't have any other signs of abuse. Luckily, everything else was okay.

I stayed at the hospital last night with my friend and the baby...neither of us slept much. I slept about 3 hours on the couch in the room with the baby on my chest, but that was about it. I'm so beat, but being there was where I needed to be.

Poor little wee one.....thank GOD for the mom and you! Shame on the perpetrator!
sparkley On January 29, 2014

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#7New Post! Oct 16, 2013 @ 21:54:52
@Wingsy Said

Good for you, I can see why he wants to hide. He'd be run out of town.
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#8New Post! Oct 16, 2013 @ 21:57:42
@Wingsy Said

I'm glad you were able to be there for your friend.

That is just horrendous, poor little baby.
Dark_Tink On December 30, 2018
<3 Boobie <3

, Canada
#9New Post! Oct 16, 2013 @ 23:27:24
Oh my! That poor baby. I am glad you were there for your friend. :hugs:
DorkySupergirl On November 02, 2017

, Canada
#10New Post! Oct 17, 2013 @ 02:55:26
Praying for your friend and the baby. As much as I do not want to, I'll pray for the father of the baby as well that God may open his eyes and change his heart. In the meantime, I still want to beat him with my hockey stick.
essenceofjme On March 05, 2024
bread ends

f***ing, Morocco
#11New Post! Oct 17, 2013 @ 05:14:25
It sounds to me like you are wonderful friend Hope everything turns out okay with your friend and the baby..and you! Get some rest soon
yami On September 11, 2016

Banned

grimsby, United Kingdom
#12New Post! Oct 17, 2013 @ 12:29:21
I love it how people who are shocked by what happened to the baby and think that is wrong, want to visit worse on the babies father, even before he has been found guilty by a court.

Banned

grimsby, United Kingdom
#13New Post! Oct 17, 2013 @ 12:30:11
@Wingsy Said

You are indeed a good friend and I am sorry that the baby was hurt. Nobody deserves pain.
boxer On June 16, 2016

Deleted
Banned

, Zimbabwe
#14New Post! Oct 17, 2013 @ 12:40:03
@yami Said

I love it how people who are shocked by what happened to the baby and think that is wrong, want to visit worse on the babies father, even before he has been found guilty by a court.

If he's found guilty by a court, then he'll be in jail, and I won't get to experience the joyful sense of bliss that washes over me after I've beaten the crap out of someone who deserved it.

Why do you want to deny me happiness?

Banned

grimsby, United Kingdom
#15New Post! Oct 17, 2013 @ 12:42:23
It’s not me that would deny, there are laws against what you want to do, why not take it up with your congressman?
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs