The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Politics

Israel broke cease-fire not Hamas you fell victom to Israel propoganda if u think

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 · >>
politics On September 10, 2013

London`, United Kingdom
#61New Post! Feb 13, 2009 @ 00:55:17
@lilbear Said

Just got on, but who is this directed to and why are you baiting if it is??

@Saegespaene Said

You don't think. That is correct. You also seem to be suffering from a selective reading dis-order. Too bad, none of us can help.

what did i select to read ? i read everything and respond accordingly.

bit more irrelevance or you done?

London`, United Kingdom
#62New Post! Feb 13, 2009 @ 00:59:11
@lilbear Said

Personal question. Do you hate Israelis?

no. I will even expand on it although it is not necessary. I am not a fan of Israeli foreign policy however the Israeli people I think are lions led by lambs. I believe that the settlers views are not in accordance to international law and therefore they should be moved back to the partition lines of 1967. I do not hate them and never will.

The reason i concentrate so much on Israeli actions is because i believe they are the only side who have the capacity to create peace.

I will expand even further! I would never hate a peoples.
Asme251 On December 21, 2017
Area Man

Boston, Massachusetts
#63New Post! Feb 13, 2009 @ 02:00:07
@politics Said

your post shows a lack of fundamental knowledge of the crisis in Israel. Fundamental knowledge required to make a sound judgement.

I don't remember ever saying Hamas had the right to fire rockets at Israel. On contrary I have been talking about what Israel must do to end such rocket attacks.

ok so what have Israel done to make Hamas angry? yes in a weird way there current existence in Gaza does make them angry. Before Hamas were democraticly elected as the legislative government in Gaza , Israel had created and maintained a economic blockade, all goods and medicine including international aid were on the list. Although Hamas were firing rockets before the cease-fire , they had stopped during it. This meant that Hamas were not committing any acts of " terror " ergo the cease-fire was a success.

November 4th- Israel kill 6 Hamas soldiers within the Gaza border.

Novermber 5th- Hamas restart the rocket campaign.

Peace between Hamas and Israel was achieved and Israeli actions disrupted this fragile peace. It is fairly obvious that if Hamas did or did not breach the cease-fire Israel would begin early election campaigning in Gaza. They had always reserved the right to do as they wished in Gaza. whether it was a justified right is another question however the answer is obvious.

Gaza was lacking some fundamental facilities not because Hamas were firing rockets, because the reality is Hamas were not firing rockets through out the cease-fire, the reason is because Israel did not lift the blockade of Gaza, this was a confirmed term in cease-fire agreements, not once did Israel lift there blockade. Another way of putting it is that Israel were in breach of the Cease-fire before it even took course. Hamas never broke this Cease-fire only Israel had the ability to do as they wished as they are the colonial force. They maintained there blockade and finally finished the tearing up of the cease-fire agreement on November 4th 2008.

Hamas can only maintain silence in the prison that is Gaza for so long, especially when they are already wounded and Gaza is at the brink of a humanitarian disaster. It was the democraticly elected " terrorist organisation " that showed restraint, not the democraticly elected government of Israel.

Here is what I was pointing to in my previous post; how about Hamas recongnize Israel's right to exist? The international community ignored Hamas this whole time becaue Hamas acted like a terrorist organization. If they recognized Israel's right to exist, then Israel would face more pressure to stop its blocade. But of course Hamas had to choose the most costliest of all decisions. Israel did as it wished because Hamas was considered as a terrorist group, and refusing to recognize Israel's right to exist reaffirmed that notion. You say that Hamas was lacking fundamental facilities because of Israel's blockade. Isn't an admittance of one's right to exist a heck of a better way to gain those facilities than shooting rockets into Israel? Look at Gaza now. Is it any closer to gaining those facilities?

It does not take "fudamental knowledge" to see that Hamas made stupid decisions.

P.S. I asked if Hamas was right, not had a right, to fire rockets. Clearly reading a post also helps make a sound judgement.
Area Man

Boston, Massachusetts
#64New Post! Feb 13, 2009 @ 02:01:21
I like the title of this thread. "I'm right and if you don't think so you've been tricked!"

London`, United Kingdom
#65New Post! Feb 13, 2009 @ 02:12:15
Here is what I was pointing to in my previous post; how about Hamas recongnize Israel's right to exist?(they do however they do not believe it has the right to exist as stands aka occupation of there territories( i agree and so does international law)

The international community ignored Hamas this whole time becaue Hamas acted like a terrorist organization. If they recognized Israel's right to exist, then Israel would face more pressure to stop its blocade.(it has faced pressure world wide just not from the country that matters .. America...most of the aid that wasn't going in was from the international community)

But of course Hamas had to choose the most costliest of all decisions.( i told you there decision was to have a cease-fire Israels was to have a war)

Israel did as it wished because Hamas was considered as a terrorist group, and refusing to recognize Israel's right to exist reaffirmed that notion.( you are not considered a terrorist organisation if you believe a state is breaching international law)

You say that Hamas was lacking fundamental facilities because of Israel's blockade.( Hamas was not... the Palestinian people were)

Isn't an admittance of one's right to exist a heck of a better way to gain those facilities than shooting rockets into Israel? Look at Gaza now. Is it any closer to gaining those facilities? ( its in the same position just more people dead, not because of Hamas because of Israel's unilateral breaching of the ceasefire)

It does not take "fudamental knowledge" to see that Hamas made stupid decisions. ( it does however to see that there stupid decisions are not the most important stupid decisions being made)

P.S. I asked if Hamas was right, not had a right, to fire rockets. Clearly reading a post also helps make a sound judgement.
(if i believed hamas were right in what they did i probably would believe they had a right to do so and vice versa)

London`, United Kingdom
#66New Post! Feb 13, 2009 @ 02:15:58
@Asme251 Said

I like the title of this thread. "I'm right and if you don't think so you've been tricked!"

I was right, and people who thought Hamas breached the cease-fire were tricked.
sAeGeSpAeNe On October 05, 2021
Part-time Nidologist

The other Bristol..., Connecti
#67New Post! Feb 13, 2009 @ 02:46:02
Are you still hanging around?

@politics Said

Here is what I was pointing to in my previous post; how about Hamas recongnize Israel's right to exist?(they do however they do not believe it has the right to exist as stands aka occupation of there territories( i agree and so does international law)

The failure to use punctuation makes your testimony all the more difficult to dicipher. I think, what you've said (above) is that Hamas recognizes Israel's right to exist,...but, it doesn't.

@politics Said
The international community ignored Hamas this whole time becaue Hamas acted like a terrorist organization.

This is (almost) fun!~ The only reason that Hamas acted like a terrorist organization is because it is a terrorist organization. And because Hamas is a terrorist organization, the international community choses not to ignore it, but to monitor its activities, and -- as an extention of the communal duties to protect the world --reserves the right to determine whether or not any activities, being perpetrated by this terrorist organization, Hamas, should be curtailed.
@politics Said
...Gaza now. Is it any closer to gaining those facilities? ( its in the same position just more people dead, not because of Hamas ([ed.], but) because of Israel's unilateral breaching of the ceasefire)

As long as Hamas wields its presence inside of Gaza, no facilities will be gained. In my opinion, the leaders of Hamas and Israel are so diametrically opposed to one another that they will never be able to allow themselves to reach an agreement.

The easiest thing, for the world community to do, would be to ignore both parties and let them proceed with their self-destroying proclivities. But the world community (at least, the western world) seems more inclined to prevent the culmination of these actions, and simply restrict the importation and smuggling of weapons into the Gaza Strip. Because of this, and this alone, your diatribe is being tolerated, but not accepted. Why not just put a fork in it. You're done.

London`, United Kingdom
#68New Post! Feb 13, 2009 @ 03:20:43
re you still hanging around?

The failure to use punctuation makes your testimony all the more difficult to dicipher. I think, what you've said (above) is that Hamas recognizes Israel's right to exist,...but, it doesn't.

(your right i missed a comma, your deciphering skills are that of a expert.
no.. I said that Hamas would recognise Israel's right to exist within its internationally recognised legal territory. )

This is (almost) fun!~ The only reason that Hamas acted like a terrorist organization is because it is a terrorist organization. And because Hamas is a terrorist organization, the international community choses not to ignore it, but to monitor its activities, and -- as an extention of the communal duties to protect the world --reserves the right to determine whether or not any activities, being perpetrated by this terrorist organization, Hamas, should be curtailed.

(Hamas was a terrorist organisation and still is a terrorist organisation. Did it make a climb for politics? Yes
I believe that Hamas recognises Israel as a terrorist state, there public are in constant terror of Israeli military action, whilst experiencing both social degradation and economic strangulation.)

As long as Hamas wields its presence inside of Gaza, no facilities will be gained. In my opinion, the leaders of Hamas and Israel are so diametrically opposed to one another that they will never be able to allow themselves to reach an agreement.

(They did reach an agreement and Israel betrayed it.)

The easiest thing, for the world community to do, would be to ignore both parties and let them proceed with their self-destroying proclivities. But the world community (at least, the western world) seems more inclined to prevent the culmination of these actions, and simply restrict the importation and smuggling of weapons into the Gaza Strip. Because of this, and this alone, your diatribe is being tolerated, but not accepted. Why not just put a fork in it. You're done.

(I don't think you will ever make it as a code decipher or a diplomat.
You do not posses the ability to analyse a politcal crisis and then generate a potential crisis solution. probably why the military or banking is your way forward. People would die with your advice.

And yes i can.)
Area Man

Boston, Massachusetts
#69New Post! Feb 14, 2009 @ 00:16:18
@politics Said

(it has faced pressure world wide just not from the country that matters .. America...most of the aid that wasn't going in was from the international community)

( i told you there decision was to have a cease-fire Israels was to have a war)

( you are not considered a terrorist organisation if you believe a state is breaching international law)

You say that Hamas was lacking fundamental facilities because of Israel's blockade.( Hamas was not... the Palestinian people were)

Isn't an admittance of one's right to exist a heck of a better way to gain those facilities than shooting rockets into Israel? Look at Gaza now. Is it any closer to gaining those facilities? ( its in the same position just more people dead, not because of Hamas because of Israel's unilateral breaching of the ceasefire)

It does not take "fudamental knowledge" to see that Hamas made stupid decisions. ( it does however to see that there stupid decisions are not the most important stupid decisions being made)

(if i believed hamas were right in what they did i probably would believe they had a right to do so and vice versa)

I don't understand. So Hamas recognizes the right of Israel to exist... but not in the territories? And what international law? So Israel was able to convince the U.S. to support it. What should Hamas do?

a) Fire rockets into Israel
b) Clean up their acts and renounce their terrorist methods.

Now, if you were Hamas, which would you choose?

Did Israel really make the stupidest decisions? What happened to Israel during the conflict? A dozen or so people died. What happened to Gaza during the conflict? Over a thousand people died. So, do you think Hamas was wise to pick a fight with Israel? As a result of decades of conflict, Israel is aggressive towards the Palestinians. Knowing this, should Hamas have provoked Israel?

If Hamas actually wanted the cease-fire to last they wouldn't have fired rockets into Israel. Sure, Israel broke the cease-fire but Hamas chose war. If they had decided to continue the cease-fire, despite the setbacks, then 1000 people wouldn't be dead right now.

Just because someone was right in doing something does not mean they had a right to do it. I may have broken into a house to save a dog from dying. It was the right decision, sure, but I did not have a right to do it.

Stop your arrogance and listen to others. You're not the only person who is correct you know.
adonis On October 21, 2010

, United Kingdom
#70New Post! Feb 14, 2009 @ 00:26:19
LOL

Everyday hamas are firing rockets into Israel, they normally like most terrorist cowards have a remote launcher sited in a residential area to avoid retaliation.

I wouldn't flinch if gaza was nuked.

These people have the chance to wipe out hamas as do most countrys working along side terrorists but chose not to due to family members serving with said organisation or brainwashing or thinking of there neighbours as lower class citizens.
Its the softly softly approach that hangs these wars out for years.
The ringleaders are known as well as the fund raisers, the gloves should be taken off and forces should be allowed to go in and finish it.

London`, United Kingdom
#71New Post! Feb 14, 2009 @ 04:13:26
@Asme251 Said

I don't understand. So Hamas recognizes the right of Israel to exist... but not in the territories? And what international law? So Israel was able to convince the U.S. to support it. What should Hamas do?

a) Fire rockets into Israel
b) Clean up their acts and renounce their terrorist methods.

Now, if you were Hamas, which would you choose?

Did Israel really make the stupidest decisions? What happened to Israel during the conflict? A dozen or so people died. What happened to Gaza during the conflict? Over a thousand people died. So, do you think Hamas was wise to pick a fight with Israel? As a result of decades of conflict, Israel is aggressive towards the Palestinians. Knowing this, should Hamas have provoked Israel?

If Hamas actually wanted the cease-fire to last they wouldn't have fired rockets into Israel. Sure, Israel broke the cease-fire but Hamas chose war. If they had decided to continue the cease-fire, despite the setbacks, then 1000 people wouldn't be dead right now.

Just because someone was right in doing something does not mean they had a right to do it. I may have broken into a house to save a dog from dying. It was the right decision, sure, but I did not have a right to do it.

Stop your arrogance and listen to others. You're not the only person who is correct you know.

Im sorry i will have to respond with what i believe to be warranted arrogance maybe because i am studying this subject at higher education. My job will also most likely be in relation with the British Foreign office in dealing with the middle eastern peace process.

I will stop because my responses are turning into lessons. You cant even relate international law to the conflict. I recommend you read a page of a book on this subject before so passionately arguing your case.

This is what my views on Hamas are and what they should be doing

https://www.theforumsite.com/forum/topic/Israel-air-strikes-kill-more-than-200-in-Gaza-strip-/274631

Israel made the worst decision for the peace process by breaching the cease fire. The party they agreed the cease fire with is a fragile religious government who are ruling a captive population on the brink of a humanitarian disaster. Israel knew this and how Hamas would respond when they killed 6 Hamas militants in Gaza during the cease fire period.

It is Israel's responsibility as the " colonial " power to slow the pace of the conflict as they have control of its pace.

And yes Hamas said they would recognise Israel's right to exist if they returned to there legal territories. ( 1967 preferably 1948 partition lines)

London`, United Kingdom
#72New Post! Feb 14, 2009 @ 04:20:40
@adonis Said

LOL

Everyday hamas are firing rockets into Israel, they normally like most terrorist cowards have a remote launcher sited in a residential area to avoid retaliation.

I wouldn't flinch if gaza was nuked.

These people have the chance to wipe out hamas as do most countrys working along side terrorists but chose not to due to family members serving with said organisation or brainwashing or thinking of there neighbours as lower class citizens.
Its the softly softly approach that hangs these wars out for years.
The ringleaders are known as well as the fund raisers, the gloves should be taken off and forces should be allowed to go in and finish it.

Israel would disagree with you, Hamas did not fire any rockets during the cease-fire untill its breaching by Israel on 11/04/08.

You wouldn't flinch however Egypt and Israel would. If you were born into a Palestinian family living in Gaza, i don't think you would flinch as you would be incinerated.
Area Man

Boston, Massachusetts
#73New Post! Feb 14, 2009 @ 04:25:07
@politics Said

Im sorry i will have to respond with what i believe to be warranted arrogance maybe because i am studying this subject at higher education. My job will also most likely be in relation with the British Foreign office in dealing with the middle eastern peace process.

I will stop because my responses are turning into lessons. You cant even relate international law to the conflict. I recommend you read a page of a book on this subject before so passionately arguing your case.

This is what my views on Hamas are and what they should be doing

https://www.theforumsite.com/forum/topic/Israel-air-strikes-kill-more-than-200-in-Gaza-strip-/274631

Israel made the worst decision for the peace process by breaching the cease fire. The party they agreed the cease fire with is a fragile religious government who are ruling a captive population on the brink of a humanitarian disaster. Israel knew this and how Hamas would respond.

It is Israel's responsibility as the " colonial " power to slow the pace of the conflict as they control its pace.

I don't need to read a book to see that Hamas is making stupid decisions that do not benefit its citizens in any way. It is a terrorist organization that is using Gaza to try and destroy Israel. Hamas is going to change neither its attitudes about Israel nor its futile acts of defiance. Likewise, Israel is not going to change its attitude towards Hamas but, since it "thrives upon international support", it will change its actions against Gaza, if enough pressure is applied. For the sake of the Palestinian people, I would rather kick Hamas out of power than Israel.

London`, United Kingdom
#74New Post! Feb 14, 2009 @ 04:33:36
NO, but you do need to read a book to understand why Hamas was the people of Gaza's democraticly elected " terrorist organisation."

If you bother to follow the more recent statements of Hamas whilst on the political scene you would understand that they would now accept a legal Israel.

"And yes Hamas said they would recognise Israel's right to exist if they returned to there legal territories. ( 1967 preferably 1948 partition lines)"-edited on my post above.

The word " support " i feel was wrong rather they thrive on international restraint.
Area Man

Boston, Massachusetts
#75New Post! Feb 14, 2009 @ 04:40:14
@politics Said

NO, but you do need to read a book to understand why Hamas was the people of Gaza's democraticly elected " terrorist organisation."

If you bother to follow the more recent statements of Hamas whilst on the political scene you would understand that they would now accept a legal Israel.

"And yes Hamas said they would recognise Israel's right to exist if they returned to there legal territories. ( 1967 preferably 1948 partition lines)"-edited on my post above.

I know it was elected but it still does not represent what is best for the people. It is using Gaza to attack Israel. Is that good for Palestinians?

"""""
"""""

So never then? I'm pretty sure Hamas know that Israel is not going to cede back all that land they gained since the war in 1948. The international community will not pressure Israel to give back the land.

And again, do you think that Hamas has the interests of the people in mind when they launch these attacks?
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs