The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Religion & Philosophy

Is there a Christian Church that follows scripture?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
alexkidd On February 07, 2012
Captain Awesome!

Deleted

in a bog, Ireland
#2New Post! Oct 16, 2008 @ 16:50:23
well they tend to contradict eachother slightly so its hard to keep strictly to them.
and others are just silly, like how many goats to sacrifice and whatnot.
i don't know of any christian church that still sacrifices animals.
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#3New Post! Oct 16, 2008 @ 16:53:13
Scripture requires a ton of "interpretation" unless you want to go killing people for eating meat on the wrong day or destroying cities because people worship the wrong god there or forcing priests to go through some barbaric and insane rituals and so forth.

Any church that tried to dutifully follow the Bible to the letter would quickly find all its members and staff jailed.
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#4New Post! Oct 16, 2008 @ 16:54:42
I think any major religion who wants to keep followers has to move with the times. I mean you cant go round throwing rocks at adulterers can you

Im pretty sure there are some hard core branches of Christianity, but they will never be massive.
arcades On August 08, 2013

Northbay, Canada
#5New Post! Oct 16, 2008 @ 16:59:09
Yah I would say the jehovas witnesses follow the cristian word more so then any other denomination.
dlsharp On November 30, 2015

Murfreesboro, Tennessee
#6New Post! Oct 16, 2008 @ 17:03:41
@jonnythan Said

Scripture requires a ton of "interpretation" unless you want to go killing people for eating meat on the wrong day or destroying cities because people worship the wrong god there or forcing priests to go through some barbaric and insane rituals and so forth.

Any church that tried to dutifully follow the Bible to the letter would quickly find all its members and staff jailed.

Easy does it, Jonnythan. Most of the things you mention is from the old testement. The New Testement is the canon of christians. It does away with all laws from the Old testement. The New Testement takes those laws to a higher plane. For example, not only is it wrong to commit adultry it is wrong to even think about it. Sacrificing was done away with because of the sacrifice Jesus made. But, to answer his question, I doubt it.
cockroach On October 18, 2008

Orlando, Florida
#7New Post! Oct 16, 2008 @ 17:23:09
"All have sinned and come short of the Glory of God." Everyone will be separted from God because of their 'SIN". Jesus Christ paid for the sins of those that trust Him. If your sins have not been paid for, you will spend eternity in Hell cursing God and blaming Him.
Jesus Christ paid for my sins...who will pay for yours?
More info at: sinpaid dot com
doubtingthomas On April 26, 2010
Jesus is my homie

Monterey, California
#8New Post! Oct 16, 2008 @ 17:47:28
@greatestiam Said

Is there a Christian Church that follows scripture?

Over time, all the churches and creeds of Christianity that I know of have moved away from following scripture to the letter.

I am not saying they should but with the acceptance of women priests and homosexuals as well as not believing in Mary and or various other tenets of scripture, no church seems to be following the WORD of God.

Has the old church disappeared or am I looking in the wrong places?
Should the old tenets have been kept?

Regards
DL

When you say following scripture to the letter, what scripture are you talking about?

If your looking for a church that follows the King James bible to the letter I would recomend "Apostolic Pentacostal". This church claims to follow the bible to the letter (with in the laws of man). They do not believe in the trinity and still practice the speaking of tounges which in the bible says is the only way you can accept Jesus as your lord and savior.

If your looking for a church that follows "The New International King James bible" I would recoment baptist. They follow the trinity which is God,Jesus and the Holy ghost. Though no two baptist chruches are the same, some are very anti Homosexual, IE Southern baptist.

Christianity is just a off shoot of Jewdism, so if your looking for a church that follows the word of god and not thier own made up book. I would recomment Jewdism.

There are countless churchs you can join, all of them are "special" in thier own way. But if your looking for one that hasn't been tampered by the hand of man, your going to have a long long search.
H20 On October 17, 2008

wORCESTER, United Kingdom
#9New Post! Oct 16, 2008 @ 21:56:52
@arcades Said

Yah I would say the jehovas witnesses follow the cristian word more so then any other denomination.

How on earth can you make such a sweeping statement? There are numerous Christian churches and most of them would say they obey scripture. Jehovah's Witnesses have given us about eight failed prophesies regarding Christ's return and they even believe He (Christ) is Michael the Archangle. They are unchristian in as much as they have judged and condemned all who are not in their 'organisation'. The Watchtower Society is an utter fraud.
MsDahl On July 25, 2011

Beverly Hills, California
#10New Post! Oct 16, 2008 @ 23:38:05
@greatestiam Said

Has the old church disappeared or am I looking in the wrong places?
Should the old tenets have been kept?

Hello DL,

She (the first Church) is still present in our society alive and thriving. Take a look at your closest Orthodox Church.
backseatcynic On January 19, 2010

Henryetta, Oklahoma
#11New Post! Oct 17, 2008 @ 03:49:56
Well keep in mind church is an institution created by people. People aren't perfect, and so can lose their way. Read that scripture. Take note of how many times God tired of His holy chosen people (the Jews) falling away from His glory, and bad things would happen. That to paraphrase it is how it reads. So today, to those outside the faith, Christians are mean and hypocritcal. They build gawdy multi-million-dollar cathedrals. That and other things, generally the nonbelieving have a hard time liking a Christian.
But you folks are missing a big point here. f*** 'em! Quit worrying about what the other guy's doing. God will take care of that. You take care of yourself, and do what you can to help others. Whether Christian or not, I don't see how you could argue against that. But if you think doing right by your own conscience is a bad thing, then argue away.
HiImDan On February 29, 2024

Cleveland, the boil on the but
#12New Post! Oct 17, 2008 @ 03:54:10
Christ Gospel
arcades On August 08, 2013

Northbay, Canada
#14New Post! Oct 31, 2008 @ 00:34:52
Yes all in all we must search for god having faith in our selves.

Organised religion can not be trusted and only seeks to obscure the path to god.

It's like bruce lees jeet kune do.

Why trap your self with being content with only having 1 style or religion.

Better to take whats usefull and disgard whats impractical from all styles and religions then fill in the blanks yourself with that newly aquired knowledge.

Organised religion is for people with no fiath in themselves and/or mankind in general.
So they place there faith in there religion instead in hopes that a predestined fate will ease the burdon of having to effect change themselves.

While organised religion seeks to segregate, seperate and control. The rest of us are left wondering "why cant we all just work together?"
longstock On February 13, 2009

, New Zealand
#15New Post! Oct 31, 2008 @ 09:31:58
You can't really have an un-biased answer to this question as each person will (obviously) say their own Church abides by the gospel.

And going by what I just said....Seventh day Adventists keep the Bible as close as they possibly can.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs