The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Religion & Philosophy

Is the Bible the WORD of God or the WORD of Satan?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 ...12 13 14 · >>
GreatestIam2 On January 06, 2023

Ottawa, Canada
#1New Post! Aug 19, 2013 @ 20:42:24
Is the Bible the WORD of God or the WORD of Satan?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9c0RFxXrYzg&feature=related

Whenever we read the obscene stories, the voluptuous debaucheries, the cruel and tortuous executions, the unrelenting vindictiveness with which more than half the Bible is filled, it would be more consistent that we call it the word of a demon than the word of God. It is a history of wickedness that has served to corrupt and brutalize mankind; and, for my part, I sincerely detest it, as I detest everything that is cruel. [Thomas Paine, The Age of Reason]

As to the book called the bible, it is blasphemy to call it the Word of God. It is a book of lies and contradictions and a history of bad times and bad men. [Thomas Paine, writing to Andrew Dean August 15, 1806]

“The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully.”
― Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion

---------------------------------------------------

Many intelligent men have condemned the Bible and it’s God as completely immoral. Be they from ancient days or more modern times, the morality of God has been rejected by moral men and legislators of the laws we mostly all live under. Never has biblical laws and commandments been shown desirable for most of us to live under.

Christians tend not to like to discuss the morals taught by the Bible. The fact that Christians do not promote their laws over secular law indicate that they are aware of the immoral nature of their genocidal son murdering God and the draconian laws that Christians would put in place.

Satan is said to be able to deceive the whole world with his God given power and dogma says that he has dominion over the earth. Most believers say that the bible is the word of God even though it shows God in a less than favorable light even when compared to Satan. Even Christians admit this and when they do they fall back on their standard excuse of God being able and justified in doing whatever he likes to us, moral or not, because he owns us. That is a cop out to my way of thinking.

Satan has the power to deceive the whole world.

Is the WORD of God, --- because of the fact that it shows God to be more Satanic-like than God-like, --- really the WORD of Satan and not of God?

Regards
DL

P. S. A quick summery of how Jesus was made into the WORD by men.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AfFcAmx-Ro&feature=relmfu
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#2New Post! Aug 19, 2013 @ 20:46:45
Neither.

Mythology written by numerous people over many years... hundreds of years....
BozieFozie On May 19, 2022
Life's a Beach

Paradise, Florida
#3New Post! Aug 19, 2013 @ 22:47:46

I think sometimes people forget that supposedly Satan was once an angel.....
GreenAppleKing On April 23, 2015

Deleted

, United States (general)
#4New Post! Aug 19, 2013 @ 22:56:25
God gets all the words and the devil gets all the music. That's the deal.
BozieFozie On May 19, 2022
Life's a Beach

Paradise, Florida
#5New Post! Aug 19, 2013 @ 22:56:16
@GreenAppleKing Said

God gets all the words and the devil gets all the music. That's the deal.

Funny! I just read something on Facebook about how Heavy Metal was supposedly the devil's making....hmmmmmmm!
Erimitus On July 01, 2021

The mind of God, Antarctica
#6New Post! Aug 19, 2013 @ 23:05:48
@chaski Said

Neither.

Mythology written by numerous people over many years... hundreds of years....

Thousands of years....

Deleted

#7New Post! Aug 20, 2013 @ 01:31:39
@BozieFozie Said

Funny! I just read something on Facebook about how Heavy Metal was supposedly the devil's making....hmmmmmmm!

I can see this. Yes yes. Please don't ask how Elvis died.
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#8New Post! Aug 20, 2013 @ 01:47:21
Is the Bhagavad Gita the word of Lord Krishna?
futilevoice On October 07, 2016

Deleted

, Illinois
#9New Post! Aug 20, 2013 @ 18:50:12
All the books are words of men. There is no God or Satan. Only ideals.
Electric_Banana On February 05, 2024

, New Zealand
#10New Post! Aug 20, 2013 @ 19:02:22
"The Devil is in our heads trying to make us believe we have done something wrong"

VS

"God serves as our conscience to resurface our sins so that me may appeal for forgiveness for them."

"If Satan can prove to you that your identity is of no true value he will be able to lay claim to your soul"

VS

"So then it is for us to dissolve ego and allow God to consume us. Once that we are all one with God we can do no wrong by God."

It's all still a large distraction from a Dystopian governmental template.

And I believe the base factor of all to be a mad science project.

#11New Post! Aug 20, 2013 @ 20:43:03
@futilevoice Said

All the books are words of men. There is no God or Satan. Only ideals.

blasphemy!!

#12New Post! Aug 20, 2013 @ 20:44:55
@Electric_Banana Said

"The Devil is in our heads trying to make us believe we have done something wrong"

VS

"God serves as our conscience to resurface our sins so that me may appeal for forgiveness for them."

"If Satan can prove to you that your identity is of no true value he will be able to lay claim to your soul"

VS

"So then it is for us to dissolve ego and allow God to consume us. Once that we are all one with God we can do no wrong by God."

It's all still a large distraction from a Dystopian governmental template.

And I believe the base factor of all to be a mad science project.

God is dead and we have killed Him.

Deleted

#13New Post! Aug 20, 2013 @ 23:23:32
@Erimitus Said

Hate is strong and mocks the song of peace on earth good will to men.
Electric_Banana On February 05, 2024

, New Zealand
#14New Post! Aug 21, 2013 @ 00:32:57
@Erimitus Said

You mean the Christian God? I have a feeling the few who know better are kept far separate from those who don't so that they can take pride in solving the puzzle themselves.
bob_the_fisherman On January 30, 2023
Anatidaephobic

, Angola
#15New Post! Aug 21, 2013 @ 02:57:56
@GreatestIam2 Said

“The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully.”
― Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion

And yet, dear ole d***ie Dawkins can not put forward a logical moral argument for why any of that is wrong...

Not really relevant to the topic, but I really have an intense dislike of Dawkins - a simpleton and chronically incompetent thinker leading people astray with lies, half truths and abjectly blind stupidity.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 ...12 13 14 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs