Is it worth it to join the NRA?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#1New Post! Sep 29, 2018 @ 10:36:19
I know that the NRA has been going some stuff civilly, legally and financially. I always thought it would be good to be a member on top of getting my concealed carry license. The only things that I fear is that it may effect Grad School decisions if I put on my CV that I’m a NRA member. I don’t know how many schools are one sided when it comes to the government. I’m not sure how many feel because of that and because of the situation in Parkland and the influences of the survivors who protested against the NRA, the POTUS and the supporters.

I believe in my right to keep and bear arms. Solely, I believe that it is important we are allowed to protect ourselves when law enforcement may not be able to.
gakINGKONG On October 18, 2022

, Florida
#2New Post! Sep 29, 2018 @ 10:59:53
The lack of anti gun messages from the White House have hurt gun sales. No one is scared of gun grabbers right now.
Funny to think Obama was better for gun sales.

But.....

If the NRA is good enough for Charlton Heston, it’s ok by me.
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#3New Post! Sep 29, 2018 @ 11:10:07
@gakINGKONG Said

The lack of anti gun messages from the White House have hurt gun sales. No one is scared of gun grabbers right now.
Funny to think Obama was better for gun sales.

But.....

If the NRA is good enough for Charlton Heston, it’s ok by me.

I hate sounding like “that guy,” but I feel like if all the shootings that took place this year didn’t happen, we wouldn’t be going through this whole gun fiasco. I’m mainly worried it will mess with grad school and jobs, but I may join anyway. The payment plans they have for life memberships seems pretty good.
chaski On about 18 hours ago
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#4New Post! Sep 29, 2018 @ 13:33:45
@Cpat92 Said

I know that the NRA has been going some stuff civilly, legally and financially. I always thought it would be good to be a member on top of getting my concealed carry license. The only things that I fear is that it may effect Grad School decisions if I put on my CV that I’m a NRA member. I don’t know how many schools are one sided when it comes to the government. I’m not sure how many feel because of that and because of the situation in Parkland and the influences of the survivors who protested against the NRA, the POTUS and the supporters.

I believe in my right to keep and bear arms. Solely, I believe that it is important we are allowed to protect ourselves when law enforcement may not be able to.

I have a friend who owns guns and is a life time member. It cost him money.

I own guns but am not a member.
It didn’t cost me money.

There is no realistic risk that the 2nd Amendment will be repealed or even changed. Based on constitutional procedure it just won’t happen.

If you like being part of their club and like their novelty items (hats, bumper stickers, etc) it’s a good deel.

You don’t need them to buy guns nor to protect our constitution. Right to bear arms.

For me it’s a waste of money.

My friend even acknowledges that the government could never take our guns, but loves the fact that he is a member....tells people all the time.

It’s up to you to decide if you have the money and like the affiliatation.
Stalker

#5New Post! Sep 29, 2018 @ 15:24:20
@chaski Said

It didn’t cost me money.

Note: I don't think the membership cost that much, and I've heard that you get a "gift" depending on the membership, and you get the NRA magazine.

So maybe it is a good deal if you pay $X... you get a gift (hat...?) + a magazine to read (monthly...?).
Erimitus On July 01, 2021

The mind of God, Antarctica
#6New Post! Sep 29, 2018 @ 15:33:57
@Cpat92 Said

I am pretty sure that you do not have to belong to the NRA in order to purchase a weapon.
Stalker

#7New Post! Sep 29, 2018 @ 15:49:46
Note #2: If I was that evil president Obama, and seized power, and then wanted to take everyone's guns from them, I would send my storm troopers (or super hackers) into the NRA HQ (or their computer systems) and obtain a list of all NRA members.

That list would be the 1st set of targets for my gun seizing program & as well as my who are the potential enemy list.
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#8New Post! Sep 29, 2018 @ 17:40:02
@chaski Said

It didn’t cost me money.

There is no realistic risk that the 2nd Amendment will be repealed or even changed. Based on constitutional procedure it just won’t happen.

If you like being part of their club and like their novelty items (hats, bumper stickers, etc) it’s a good deel.

You don’t need them to buy guns nor to protect our constitution. Right to bear arms.

For me it’s a waste of money.

My friend even acknowledges that the government could never take our guns, but loves the fact that he is a member....tells people all the time.

It’s up to you to decide if you have the money and like the affiliatation.

I see what you’re saying. Well for lifetime memberships they offer two options. One is you pay in monthly installments of $25 or quarterly installments of $25.
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#9New Post! Sep 29, 2018 @ 18:54:52
I’m not even sure why you would put NRA member on a CV. It’s not even relevant. It’s like putting your a member of the book of the month club, or the dollar shave club. You just paid money to “company” for a “product”.

If you were actually an officer (president, secretary, treasurer, etc) of a chapter where you did “work” then that would be different, but a member only that’s not CV worthy. Unless it is a professional organization, and the NRA is not one.

So to answer your question, if I saw that on a CV I’d be judgy, but not because it’s the NRA, but because It was irrelevant padding.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#10New Post! Sep 29, 2018 @ 19:11:41
My dad was a member of the NRA.
He had this cool windshield decal

#11New Post! Sep 29, 2018 @ 20:18:26
@mrmhead Said

My dad was a member of the NRA.
He had this cool windshield decal

Decal might make a practical bumper sticker for those who are tailgating to read.
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#12New Post! Sep 29, 2018 @ 22:10:18
i been thinking about join the nra recently. because i have carry my shotgun on my tricycle on the highway every day. i hate bastards try to tailgate me everytime on the highway.
white_swan53 On October 07, 2020

n/a, New Mexico
#13New Post! Oct 03, 2018 @ 11:30:20
@Cpat92 Said

I hate sounding like “that guy,” but I feel like if all the shootings that took place this year didn’t happen, we wouldn’t be going through this whole gun fiasco. I’m mainly worried it will mess with grad school and jobs, but I may join anyway. The payment plans they have for life memberships seems pretty good.

Have you noticed that the majority of the mass shootings in America happen in places that have those no tolerance zones

#14New Post! Oct 03, 2018 @ 15:10:27
How many of the mass shooters were members of the NRA.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#15New Post! Oct 03, 2018 @ 15:36:03
@white_swan53 Said

Have you noticed that the majority of the mass shootings in America happen in places that have those no tolerance zones

Have you noticed mass shootings are so commonplace they seldom break national news.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs