The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Health & Fitness

Is it really safe to take sleeping pills?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>
x_Laura_x On March 13, 2023

Nowhere, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Oct 12, 2010 @ 06:15:02
I live next to a train station and it's ruining my life.

I can't sleep until very late at night and I wake up very early in the morning thanks to all the trains going past outside my flat.

I'm so unbelievably tired and miserable and I feel like I need to do something about it now because I can't go on like this - I don't think it's something I'm going to get used to.

I ask because you always hear stories of people getting addicted to sleeping pills and whatnot I really, really don't need that...

I'm also scared of sleeping so deeply that I don't hear my alarm
Silver_Lining On March 21, 2023
RIP Boobie

STOKE-ON-TRENT, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Oct 12, 2010 @ 09:09:50
I take kalms occasionally if I can't sleep, I've never had a problem with them and they seem to work alright for me, I've never slept through my alarm and they just seem to help me relax more.

If it's noise though I'm not sure if they'll help that much.

I normally take a few more than it recommends on the box but that's because they don't work for me else.
hallucinogenic_lipstick On January 25, 2022
Cocksocket.

Ely, Cambridgeshire, United Ki
#3New Post! Oct 12, 2010 @ 09:31:11
What about a few drops of lavender oil on your pillow?

I've taken prescription sleeping pills in the past and they're horrible, felt monged and crap for days after.
RIP Boobie

#4New Post! Oct 12, 2010 @ 09:32:06
@hallucinogenic_lipstick Said

What about a few drops of lavender oil on your pillow?

I found lavendar balm to be pretty good too.
Cocksocket.

#5New Post! Oct 12, 2010 @ 09:36:50
@Silver_Lining Said

I found lavendar balm to be pretty good too.

Lavender is amazing stuff, I started putting a few drops on my pillow a few weeks back cos I found I was over thinking everything as soon as I got into bed and it was keeping me awake.

Did the trick and i've had a few really good nights sleep!
RIP Boobie

#6New Post! Oct 12, 2010 @ 09:39:18

Lavender is amazing stuff, I started putting a few drops on my pillow a few weeks back cos I found I was over thinking everything as soon as I got into bed and it was keeping me awake.

Did the trick and i've had a few really good nights sleep!

I've got loads of lavender growing in the garden, I might take some before I move.

I used to buy a lavender spray quite often, I think I might get some soon as it worked for me too.
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#7New Post! Oct 12, 2010 @ 09:41:25
Sleeping pills is a temporary solution. Nowadays people dont get addicted to them its just placebo effect, psychological addiction.

You could try ear plugs but that can encourage excess ear wax.

Its a case of getting used to the noise i think. Eventually your brain will learn to phase out the train noise.

Hang in there, I know how awful it is to get very little sleep and how hard it is to cope with daily life when so tired.
Cocksocket.

#8New Post! Oct 12, 2010 @ 09:44:20
@treebee Said

Sleeping pills is a temporary solution. Nowadays people dont get addicted to them its just placebo effect, psychological addiction.

Its a case of getting used to the noise i think. Eventually your brain will learn to phase out the train noise.

Hang in there, I know how awful it is to get very little sleep and how hard it is to cope with daily life when so tired.

Thats true to, I lived next door to a fire station for 20 years and we had sirens go off all hours of the night and it never effected our sleep.

When we moved here I couldn't sleep properly for ages cos I missed the noise lol!

Nowhere, United Kingdom
#9New Post! Oct 12, 2010 @ 09:46:33
It's just such a massive change, although I lived in a town it was a very small town and out in the country so I'm not used to city life

I might try the lavender oil thing, where can I buy some of that? I really don't want to resort to having to knock myself out with medication
RIP Boobie

#10New Post! Oct 12, 2010 @ 09:47:45
@treebee Said

Thats true to, I lived next door to a fire station for 20 years and we had sirens go off all hours of the night and it never effected our sleep.

When we moved here I couldn't sleep properly for ages cos I missed the noise lol!

Yeah, when I first moved to my old house we had a railway just behind us and I thought I wouldn't get used to it, I soon forgot it was even there.
RIP Boobie

#11New Post! Oct 12, 2010 @ 09:48:47
@x_Laura_x Said

It's just such a massive change, although I lived in a town it was a very small town and out in the country so I'm not used to city life

I might try the lavender oil thing, where can I buy some of that? I really don't want to resort to having to knock myself out with medication

I know Avon do it, I'd think a store like Holland & Barrett would sell it too.

Nowhere, United Kingdom
#12New Post! Oct 12, 2010 @ 09:49:56
@Silver_Lining Said

I know Avon do it, I'd think a store like Holland & Barrett would sell it too.

I dunno if we've got a Holland & Barrett here
RIP Boobie

#13New Post! Oct 12, 2010 @ 09:51:42
@x_Laura_x Said

I dunno if we've got a Holland & Barrett here

You might even be able to get it in a supermarket.

Nowhere, United Kingdom
#14New Post! Oct 12, 2010 @ 09:52:39
@Silver_Lining Said

You might even be able to get it in a supermarket.

I'm going to Tescos in a bit, I'll have a look
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#15New Post! Oct 12, 2010 @ 09:54:10
I found Kalms night time good when coming off alcohol. They take a couple of days to kick in but you get proper natural sleep.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs