The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Religion & Philosophy

Is a perfect world really perfect?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Sahasrara_Simba On November 28, 2011

#1New Post! Nov 28, 2011 @ 20:58:32
To be one with god and everything be perfect. So if you were in a rush to get somewehre people would be more apt to go different routes so to make your life more easy on your one path to your destination. Or will this plan back fire and everyone will be like god and perfect and try to over power him. Since no one is perfect they might have greed for power and try to over power the one thing that made us.
someone_else On August 30, 2012
Not a dude.

Deleted

American Alps, Washington
#2New Post! Nov 28, 2011 @ 21:00:16
I have no idea what you're actually getting at here but yes, a perfect world, by its very definition would be perfect.
futilevoice On October 07, 2016

Deleted

, Illinois
#3New Post! Nov 28, 2011 @ 21:23:09
@Sahasrara_Simba Said

To be one with god and everything be perfect. So if you were in a rush to get somewehre people would be more apt to go different routes so to make your life more easy on your one path to your destination. Or will this plan back fire and everyone will be like god and perfect and try to over power him. Since no one is perfect they might have greed for power and try to over power the one thing that made us.

Perfection is a matter of perspective. Some people live in a perfect world right now.
I don't think you can overpower God without destroying yourself in the process. That's almost like saying you can stop the Earth from spinning.
I'm not exactly sure what you mean by having more power than God.
MadCornishBiker On January 14, 2014

Banned

St Columb Road, United Kingdom
#4New Post! Nov 29, 2011 @ 09:56:45
@futilevoice Said

Perfection is a matter of perspective. Some people live in a perfect world right now.
I don't think you can overpower God without destroying yourself in the process. That's almost like saying you can stop the Earth from spinning.
I'm not exactly sure what you mean by having more power than God.

Perfect is relative. You may have the perfect vacuum cleaner, but try mixing a cake with it. There is perfect, then there is perfect for purpose.

All that tells me is that you have no idea what a perfect world really is. Oh it may appear perfect to human eyes, but it isn't, and never can be as long as this system lasts I can assure you.
tariki On September 16, 2012

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Nov 29, 2011 @ 16:20:29
Possible perfect for a particular purpose would be vastly different that merely "perfect".
MadCornishBiker On January 14, 2014

Banned

St Columb Road, United Kingdom
#6New Post! Nov 29, 2011 @ 16:24:42
@tariki Said

Possible perfect for a particular purpose would be vastly different that merely "perfect".

"Merely" perfect? Yes perfect for purpose is restricted to use for that purpose. Complete perfection is far higher and only applies to God.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs