News & Current Events

Is MGM liable?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#1New Post! Jul 18, 2018 @ 02:02:54
MGM Sues Back

MGM wants protection from about 1,000 lawsuits of liability from last years Las Vegas shooting.

I'm kind of siding with MGM.
And honestly, part of the reason is because I hate lawyers, and I'm sure they're out there pushing their "wares".

If MGM is liable, then so should the gun manufacturers - in every shooting.
And any municipality where school shootings have occurred ... where does it stop?

What do you think?
chaski On about 22 hours ago
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#2New Post! Jul 18, 2018 @ 02:06:42
@mrmhead Said

MGM Sues Back

MGM wants protection from about 1,000 lawsuits of liability from last years Las Vegas shooting.

I'm kind of siding with MGM.
And honestly, part of the reason is because I hate lawyers, and I'm sure they're out there pushing their "wares".

If MGM is liable, then so should the gun manufacturers - in every shooting.
And any municipality where school shootings have occurred ... where does it stop?

What do you think?

I'm not sure that MGM is "responsible"... but I am reluctant to give them a legal pass ("get our to jail free card" )...

The case should move forward... our courts (aka our legal system... aka our system of "rule of law" ) should move forward.

If MGM is found to be "not" culpable or negligence.... good for them.

No free passes....
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#3New Post! Jul 18, 2018 @ 02:24:18
I don't think mgm is at fault for this tragedy, because this event could happen anywhere. maybe if hotels and motels use metal detector screening in their front lobbies, this event would happen.

how stupid would be for cities to do this, when their livehood depending on tourists?
Ratty On November 08, 2021

So Cal, California
#4New Post! Jul 19, 2018 @ 01:01:19
I don't know what the laws are on the books regarding this, but to me it seems like businesses can be only so responsible for things. I would think that people expect a certain level of safety while on a businesses property. I mean if some lunatic goes nuts I mean there's only so much people can control. All within reason of course, but that can be subjective I suppose. Bottom line is that sometimes s*** happens and we can't always expect to hang the blame on someone else besides the ones who did it.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#5New Post! Jul 19, 2018 @ 01:08:01
@Ratty Said

I don't know what the laws are on the books regarding this, but to me it seems like businesses can be only so responsible for things. I would think that people expect a certain level of safety while on a businesses property. I mean if some lunatic goes nuts I mean there's only so much people can control. All within reason of course, but that can be subjective I suppose. Bottom line is that sometimes s*** happens and we can't always expect to hang the blame on someone else besides the ones who did it.

And MGM went as far as using Homeland Security recommended security contractors for the hotel and the event.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs