Is FOX news fair and balanced?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...5 6 7 8 9 · >>
LittlePinky82 On January 29, 2015

Chattanooga, Tennessee
#91New Post! May 09, 2009 @ 01:29:03
@raditz8526 Said

A real American is a Christian, Conservative, believes in smaller government/lower taxes.....fun stuff like that.

Uhm last time I checked Jesus was for things like helping the poor, not owning property, sharing all you own. Gee that kinda sounds like...communism! Psst in the U.S. we have a little thing called freedom of religion. A true American wouldn't care about someone else's private religion.
glassman55 On November 01, 2010

Deleted

Dingwall, United Kingdom
#92New Post! May 09, 2009 @ 01:36:08
@l_teddy10 Said

Misleading? You want to talk about misleading, how bout that liberal motherf***er Obama saying he's not going to do anything with our gun rights before he was elected? And what's he trying to do now? So the dumb f***ing liberals are the misleading ones.

Why are you so pissed that you can't have guns? Are you all gun-bearing, clerk shooting, drive-by partaking, badass part time hip-hop gangsters?

The british don't have RIGHTS to arms and look at the crime rate difference.

Chattanooga, Tennessee
#93New Post! May 09, 2009 @ 01:38:47
@glassman55 Said

Why are you so pissed that you can't have guns? Are you all gun-bearing, clerk shooting, drive-by partaking, badass part time hip-hop gangsters?

The british don't have RIGHTS to arms and look at the crime rate difference.

What has Obama done at all dealing with guns?
sunandsurf13 On June 29, 2009

Deleted

Sydney, Australia
#94New Post! May 09, 2009 @ 01:50:56
@shinobinoz Said

OK- some ground rules for a ninny out there. You cannot watch or read the 4-5 minute clip AND vote YES! within 1 minute of my posting it. You are being un-fair and u-balanced!

I didn't even watch it, but I still feel qualified to answer, I hope you don't mind.
I think most people are well acquainted with Bill O'Reilly and his 'news' program. It's been suggested by many including documentary makers, that his show is a mouthpiece for the Murdoch/Fox group and whatever political agenda they wish to push on that particular day.
What I've seen of Fox news and O'Reilly has always looked more like tv thuggery than genuine news reporting to me.
I'm sure someone has mentioned the doco "Outfoxed" - worth a look if you haven't seen it.
crazylikeafox On June 02, 2017

McKinney, Texas
#95New Post! May 09, 2009 @ 03:10:52
@LittlePinky82 Said

Uhm last time I checked Jesus was for things like helping the poor, not owning property, sharing all you own. Gee that kinda sounds like...communism!

Communists don't own a monopoly on helping the poor, and I don't think Jesus ever said anything about property rights. Why would he? It has nothing to do with what he talked about. It doesn't make him a Communist. It doesn't make him anything. In fact, trying to make Jesus political is what got the Desciples into trouble more often than not.
Falsifying On December 19, 2013
Google is watching.

Austin, Texas
#96New Post! May 09, 2009 @ 03:13:13
80% of FOX viewers are republican.

You tell me if that seems balanced.

Chattanooga, Tennessee
#97New Post! May 09, 2009 @ 03:52:03
@sunandsurf13 Said

I didn't even watch it, but I still feel qualified to answer, I hope you don't mind.
I think most people are well acquainted with Bill O'Reilly and his 'news' program. It's been suggested by many including documentary makers, that his show is a mouthpiece for the Murdoch/Fox group and whatever political agenda they wish to push on that particular day.
What I've seen of Fox news and O'Reilly has always looked more like tv thuggery than genuine news reporting to me.
I'm sure someone has mentioned the doco "Outfoxed" - worth a look if you haven't seen it.

Oh yes that's a great documentary.
fitzyp On December 23, 2014

Auckland, New Zealand
#98New Post! May 09, 2009 @ 04:11:20
@raditz8526 Said

A real American is a Christian, Conservative, believes in smaller government/lower taxes.....fun stuff like that.

Exactly! and a true Scotsman would never put sugar on his porridge.
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#99New Post! May 09, 2009 @ 16:25:23
@DestenyGrace Said

*enters building*

"You're awesome, Raditz!"

*exits building*

*Raditz AND Elvis has long left the building!*
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#100New Post! May 09, 2009 @ 16:27:13
To the ninnies! Ignore the WHOLE 3min link.
To the rest. Try keeping your ADHD in check for the time it takes to boil an egg. This is new- Fair & Balanced? Or Fox is FAUX?
https://mediamatters.org/action/fox_crops/write

Chattanooga, Tennessee
#101New Post! May 10, 2009 @ 02:26:06
@crazylikeafox Said

Communists don't own a monopoly on helping the poor, and I don't think Jesus ever said anything about property rights. Why would he? It has nothing to do with what he talked about. It doesn't make him a Communist. It doesn't make him anything. In fact, trying to make Jesus political is what got the Desciples into trouble more often than not.

Oh and helping the poor wasn't the only thing I mentioned. Not owning anything includes property last time I checked. Uh the Disciples got in trouble for preaching and telling people they killed Jesus by not believing in him as the Messiah and if they didn't accept Jesus they were going to hell. Now if I'm remembering correctly the Disciples didn't talk much if any politics. Jesus did though especially when people asked.
glassman55 On November 01, 2010

Deleted

Dingwall, United Kingdom
#102New Post! May 10, 2009 @ 02:27:52
@fitzyp Said

Exactly! and a true Scotsman would never put sugar on his porridge.

Aye, lass. Always eat it without the sugar.
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#103New Post! May 10, 2009 @ 04:55:08
FAUX NEWS
We crop, you decide...... what we wanted to mis-inform you of.

Over the past two weeks alone, we have documented multiple instances of Fox News airing video clips of progressives that were cropped in a way that blatantly misrepresented their original statements.

Fox's distortive editing is evidence of a larger pattern at the network. These smears stand in stark contrast to basic journalistic ethics. Fox News is doing its viewers a disservice by providing them with blatant misinformation that blurs the line separating news and legitimate commentary from political activism and demagoguery.
crazylikeafox On June 02, 2017

McKinney, Texas
#104New Post! May 10, 2009 @ 07:04:19
@LittlePinky82 Said

Oh and helping the poor wasn't the only thing I mentioned. Not owning anything includes property last time I checked. Uh the Disciples got in trouble for preaching and telling people they killed Jesus by not believing in him as the Messiah and if they didn't accept Jesus they were going to hell. Now if I'm remembering correctly the Disciples didn't talk much if any politics.

What I meant when I said putting politics into Jesus' mouth got them into more trouble than anything, I meant with Jesus. I wasn't talking about during their missionary phase. They had for the most part learned their lesson by that point.

Quote:
Jesus did though especially when people asked.

No he didn't. He talked about spiritual things, but not political things. I guess you could call his whole "Pay unto Ceasar" speach political, but that isn't exactly delving into a political philosophy.
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#105New Post! May 10, 2009 @ 15:28:39
*sighs*
Yet another railroaded topic.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...5 6 7 8 9 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs