Is FOX news fair and balanced?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...6 7 8 9
squirt_aka_casey On April 21, 2018
BCW-Ant Destroyer

That place, Ohio
#106New Post! May 10, 2009 @ 22:23:41
Jesus' spiritual shpeal though, was simply, give your possessions to those who need it, pick up your cross, and follow me.

He frequently lived of the generosity of others when he began to teach to others. He spoke of a way of life that involved not falling for temptations, and always helping others. He preached of what one has should be shared with all others who are without. Now, could that really be called communism? No, only because communism uses the government to dole out and make everything "fair", but, tell me the last time the conservative party really reflected the values of Jesus? Certainly not by hating homosexuals or those who have abortions. In fact, although Jesus spoke of things that were spiritually inappropriate, He didn't hate people for their actions. It saddens me the state the the Christian Church is in.
raditz8526 On July 02, 2009

Deleted

, Minnesota
#107New Post! May 11, 2009 @ 04:24:54
@shinobinoz Said

*sighs*
Yet another railroaded topic.

You'll get used to it. lol
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#108New Post! May 11, 2009 @ 23:39:49
Usually seems to be from the "hot" topics. Abortion, christianity, etc.
LittlePinky82 On January 29, 2015

Chattanooga, Tennessee
#109New Post! May 12, 2009 @ 00:48:03
@shinobinoz Said

*sighs*

Sometimes that happens. You didn't add anything either. Instead of b****ing how about go and talk about the topic yourself and see if people reply?

Chattanooga, Tennessee
#110New Post! May 12, 2009 @ 00:52:30
@crazylikeafox Said

What I meant when I said putting politics into Jesus' mouth got them into more trouble than anything, I meant with Jesus. I wasn't talking about during their missionary phase. They had for the most part learned their lesson by that point.

No he didn't. He talked about spiritual things, but not political things. I guess you could call his whole "Pay unto Ceasar" speach political, but that isn't exactly delving into a political philosophy.

Huh? Sorry but nothing you said in the first paragraph made sense. The Disciples of course were going to "put politics into Jesus's mouth" since Jesus gave them the authority to do so. What's not in their missionary phase? Uh yes he did too and he also talked about whether to work on the Sabbath or not which was also spiritual and political. You just contradicted yourself. Either he did or he didn't talk about politics. He also talked about how the Jewish people didn't talk or do anything with certain people of society like leopards and tax collectors, whores and Gentiles. There was a good mix of politics and spirituality. When people asked question's he answered.

Chattanooga, Tennessee
#111New Post! May 12, 2009 @ 00:54:58
@squirt_aka_casey Said

Jesus' spiritual shpeal though, was simply, give your possessions to those who need it, pick up your cross, and follow me.

He frequently lived of the generosity of others when he began to teach to others. He spoke of a way of life that involved not falling for temptations, and always helping others. He preached of what one has should be shared with all others who are without. Now, could that really be called communism? No, only because communism uses the government to dole out and make everything "fair", but, tell me the last time the conservative party really reflected the values of Jesus? Certainly not by hating homosexuals or those who have abortions. In fact, although Jesus spoke of things that were spiritually inappropriate, He didn't hate people for their actions. It saddens me the state the the Christian Church is in.

Yes if someone understood what Communism is and not the propaganda you'd see that is communism. Look up Christian Communist's (or Christian Communism). Yes that's true. Jesus didn't hate people at all. I do agree with you about a lot of churches out there and how they are behaving. Treating everyone the same is a communist theological thought.
Boppin_Guy On March 01, 2024

No Place,
#112New Post! May 12, 2009 @ 01:13:37
@glassman55 Said

Why are you so pissed that you can't have guns? Are you all gun-bearing, clerk shooting, drive-by partaking, badass part time hip-hop gangsters?

The british don't have RIGHTS to arms and look at the crime rate difference.

No, we just want to, yanno, have the right to bear arms that is garanteed in our Constitution. And also we want the right to defend ourselves with a gun too, what right is it of anyone to tell us we can't?! Not everyone who owns a firearm is a criminal...

And crime rates in the UK? Yeah your knife crime is pretty high.

...and so continues the derailment.
annski729 On July 24, 2016

, United States (general)
#113New Post! May 12, 2009 @ 01:15:08
@shinobinoz Said

*sighs*

Yeah okay, let's have some respect for the OP and get back on topic please guys

You can create a separate thread if you wish to continue the other discussion.
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#114New Post! May 12, 2009 @ 01:59:52
I don't mind the topics- but try to tie them in to media balance or something that pertains to the origional posts....or as the mod said- you can always start your own rant!
crazylikeafox On June 02, 2017

McKinney, Texas
#115New Post! May 12, 2009 @ 04:38:34
@shinobinoz Said

I don't mind the topics- but try to tie them in to media balance or something that pertains to the origional posts....or as the mod said- you can always start your own rant!

All right, I guess it WAS a little off topic. Personally, I don't trust any single news organization. I've seen the same stories reported by 3 different outlets, and it always looks like they're telling 3 different stories. The best thing you could probably do is see the same story from a few different outlets, and come to your own conclusion based on that.
BCW-Ant Destroyer

That place, Ohio
#116New Post! May 12, 2009 @ 16:48:19
@crazylikeafox Said

All right, I guess it WAS a little off topic. Personally, I don't trust any single news organization. I've seen the same stories reported by 3 different outlets, and it always looks like they're telling 3 different stories. The best thing you could probably do is see the same story from a few different outlets, and come to your own conclusion based on that.

NPR NPR NPR.....

National Public Radio!!

Unbiased, fair and painfully full of truth! LOVE IT!

Chattanooga, Tennessee
#117New Post! May 12, 2009 @ 18:01:02
@crazylikeafox Said

That's why I stick with newspapers and a few of them cause they go more in detail.
crazylikeafox On June 02, 2017

McKinney, Texas
#118New Post! May 12, 2009 @ 19:43:57
@LittlePinky82 Said

That's why I stick with newspapers and a few of them cause they go more in detail.

I've seen the Denver Post get just as biased as TV news. To be fair, my Grandpa worked for CBS, so I may have a bias towards TV news myself.
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#119New Post! May 12, 2009 @ 22:08:44
I read some local paper and listen to conservative radio 1/2 time and NPR the other 1/2.
There is NO comparison in the quality of NPR over what constitutes talk radio "news".
NPR goes into depth on subjects that you are very hard press to find anywhere else.
BCW-Ant Destroyer

That place, Ohio
#120New Post! May 12, 2009 @ 22:16:26
@shinobinoz Said

I read some local paper and listen to conservative radio 1/2 time and NPR the other 1/2.
There is NO comparison in the quality of NPR over what constitutes talk radio "news".
NPR goes into depth on subjects that you are very hard press to find anywhere else.

I formed the majority of my opinions during this election because of NPR. Surprisingly enough, even though they stand a better chance of continued funding under a democratic presidency, I found them quite a bit tougher of Obama than on McCain, although, like you've said, you can't find that kind of in depth coverage anywhere.

I was completely able to understand why the banks needed the bail outs, but also, why it wasn't the government's fault that the banks misused it, and I don't like, but understand why the banks keep getting bailouts dispite this misuse.

I love their money market shows, I feel like I can understand whats going on in the economic world.

And..... shhhhh..... don't let anyone know, but I love a Prairie Home Companion It's cute and funny and just a nice way to relax
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...6 7 8 9

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs