Iran and friends

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ...11 12 13 · >>
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#61New Post! Jan 11, 2020 @ 18:15:47
@Jennifer1984 Said

You want another war that you can't / won't win and the only outcome will be that Radical Islam's determination to destroy "The Great Satan" will become even more entrenched than it is already.

Fanatics don't mind dying. They truly believe they will go to Paradise. If you plant a missile through an Islamic leader's lounge window while he's watching football on the TV, he firmly believes that he'll be knocking off virgins in heaven before his head hits the ceiling.

They aren't scared of dying.

On the other hand, there comes a point where Americans get fed up with seeing flag draped coffins coming back from the Middle East. Again.

If you kill a thousand Iranians and they kill ten Americans, US public opinion doesn't give a damn about the Iranians, but they sure get angry about the ten Americans.

You can start another war - please don't ask Britain to join in this time - and very soon you'll be bogged down in a conflict where the enemy don't come out to fight in a conventional sense, which would suit you. They will be sneaky, underhand and cunning. They'll fight a guerilla war which won't suit you and they'll ignore their own losses while watching Americans get all torn up about the casualties you're taking.

A stalemate suits them right down to the ground.

It's a very simple equation:

If you don't win, you lose.
If they don't lose, they win.

Do yourselves a favour. Try diplomacy.

I didn't see anybody calling for another war. More like worried one would start up.

... at least I was...
gakINGKONG On October 18, 2022

, Florida
#62New Post! Jan 12, 2020 @ 00:15:06
@Jennifer1984 Said

In 2024 the US president will resume giving milk to the tiger.
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#63New Post! Jan 12, 2020 @ 00:38:42
@Jennifer1984 Said

You want another war that you can't / won't win and the only outcome will be that Radical Islam's determination to destroy "The Great Satan" will become even more entrenched than it is already.

Fanatics don't mind dying. They truly believe they will go to Paradise. If you plant a missile through an Islamic leader's lounge window while he's watching football on the TV, he firmly believes that he'll be knocking off virgins in heaven before his head hits the ceiling.

On the other hand, there comes a point where Americans get fed up with seeing flag-draped coffins coming back from the Middle East. Again.

If you kill a thousand Iranians and they kill ten Americans, US public opinion doesn't give a damn about the Iranians, but they sure get angry about the ten Americans.

You can start another war - please don't ask Britain to join in this time - and very soon you'll be bogged down in a conflict where the enemy don't come out to fight in a conventional sense, which would suit you. They will be sneaky, underhand and cunning. They'll fight a guerilla war which won't suit you and they'll ignore their own losses while watching Americans get all torn up about the casualties you're taking.

If this is a war, please do not mistake us fighting an actual country with a terrorist group. This isn't warring on Terrorism. Also, many Americans aren't tired of seeing the flags draped over the coffins. Not this time. Veterans and Active Duty, plus their loved ones are tired of it. In this situation, many of these civilians are more afraid of a draft that won't happen and a war that the government and even the President (believe it or not) are trying to avoid. People complaining about a war that hasn't even started are only worrying about themselves and not the country. Hundreds of lives were lost in what bulls***ters call a "demonstration," but no one spoke on them. Too busy complaining on the President doing his job. Regardless of timing.
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#64New Post! Jan 12, 2020 @ 00:39:41

NE, Ohio
#65New Post! Jan 12, 2020 @ 01:27:53
@Cpat92 Said

If this is a war, please do not mistake us fighting an actual country with a terrorist group. This isn't warring on Terrorism. Also, many Americans aren't tired of seeing the flags draped over the coffins. Not this time. Veterans and Active Duty, plus their loved ones are tired of it. In this situation, many of these civilians are more afraid of a draft that won't happen and a war that the government and even the President (believe it or not) are trying to avoid. People complaining about a war that hasn't even started are only worrying about themselves and not the country. Hundreds of lives were lost in what bulls***ters call a "demonstration," but no one spoke on them. Too busy complaining on the President doing his job. Regardless of timing.

Are you referring to the activities within Iran?

Because I'm not aware of any lives lost at this event:
It was the second day of mass demonstrations outside the building in Baghdad's heavily fortified Green Zone, in response to US airstrikes on an Iranian-backed militia group on Sunday.
But by Wednesday evening, the protesters had cleared away from the embassy compound's entrance.

NE, Ohio
#66New Post! Jan 12, 2020 @ 01:38:03
The insurgents and terrorist and attacks are against the occupation of a foreign force .. US.
If US forces weren't there, US forces wouldn't be there to be injured or killed.

But it is the foreign policy of "World Police" that puts us there to right what we are told is wrong. So the risks associated with being there must be accepted.

It's a mess that there is no easy way out now.
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#67New Post! Jan 12, 2020 @ 02:12:45
@mrmhead Said

The insurgents and terrorist and attacks are against the occupation of a foreign force .. US.
If US forces weren't there, US forces wouldn't be there to be injured or killed.

But it is the foreign policy of "World Police" that puts us there to right what we are told is wrong. So the risks associated with being there must be accepted.

Team America. f*** yeah!
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#68New Post! Jan 12, 2020 @ 02:22:47
@Jennifer1984 Said

On the other hand, there comes a point where Americans get fed up with seeing flag draped coffins coming back from the Middle East. Again.

Ugh, if only we had a president that didn’t act like a spoiled 4 year old.

Also I’m pretty sure as a commander in chief he doesn’t give a f*** about the lives he commands. Those aren’t his children or family, just people on a list. It’s sad.

I’d say he doesn’t have the ability to declare war on his own. With previous presidents that would hav been enough to hope for a diplomatic solution. I have real fear with this president and not sure that “we the people” can actually do much but hope and wait. But yes a war right now would be a no win situation for us and I do hope if our government is stupid enough to get in it, it doesn’t drag other countries in to it. I’m not as pacifist as you, but still I don’t think we need to be inserting ourselves in the Middle East the way we are. We are not helping an already messed up complicated situation.

NE, Ohio
#69New Post! Jan 12, 2020 @ 02:41:52
@DiscordTiger Said

Ugh, if only we had a president that didn’t act like a spoiled 4 year old.

Also I’m pretty sure as a commander in chief he doesn’t give a f*** about the lives he commands. Those aren’t his children or family, just people on a list. It’s sad.

I’d say he doesn’t have the ability to declare war on his own. With previous presidents that would hav been enough to hope for a diplomatic solution. I have real fear with this president and not sure that “we the people” can actually do much but hope and wait. But yes a war right now would be a no win situation for us and I do hope if our government is stupid enough to get in it, it doesn’t drag other countries in to it. I’m not as pacifist as you, but still I don’t think we need to be inserting ourselves in the Middle East the way we are. We are not helping an already messed up complicated situation.

The president has already said all he needs to do is tweet as the required notification to congress of any military action.

Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#70New Post! Jan 12, 2020 @ 02:57:55
@mrmhead Said

So I guess, if the US wasn't there, no one would be complaining either, huh?
Darkman666 On about 18 hours ago

Saint Louis, Missouri
#71New Post! Jan 12, 2020 @ 03:00:31
this situation is a perfect division for bozo to see how loyalty his party is to him, and get some heat off his impeachment. when some of the republicans might turn on bozo, if they is a vote to start a war.

NE, Ohio
#72New Post! Jan 12, 2020 @ 03:30:29
@Cpat92 Said

So I guess, if the US wasn't there, no one would be complaining either, huh?

No one will be complaining about US deaths over there.
4d4m On December 23, 2022

4dforum.org,
#73New Post! Jan 12, 2020 @ 04:16:07
Wouldn't it be weird if the same people pulling Trumps strings were pulling the Ayatollah's strings?

Different topic: here's a bit on ISIS eschatology, note the reference to apocrypha
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_State_of_Iraq_and_the_Levant#Islamic_eschatology

And some information about their military and weaponry
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_State_of_Iraq_and_the_Levant#Military
4d4m On December 23, 2022

4dforum.org,
#74New Post! Jan 12, 2020 @ 04:22:20
Today in the news Iran admits mistakenly shooting down the Ukraine Airlines flight. Still would love to see a passenger list. I'm wondering if there was a student protest leader on board or anyone else of import.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/10/middleeast/iran-plane-crash-intl-hnk/index.html
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#75New Post! Jan 12, 2020 @ 04:41:33
@mrmhead Said

No one will be complaining about US deaths over there.

Nope. It'll be thrown in the back of everyone's minds either way.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ...11 12 13 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs