DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#166New Post! Jan 19, 2020 @ 23:57:10
@mrmhead Said

Haven't heard that one.

I've heard of Occam's razor.

They are similar in that expecting someone to be the villain is more complicated than the simple explanation of they just done wrong. A people version of occam. Though being people and their intentions it’s not really testable. In the way psych and sociology are not “hard sciences”
4d4m On December 23, 2022

4dforum.org,
#167New Post! Jan 20, 2020 @ 04:40:18
Here's an interesting op ed on why Iran didn't want to kill any US personnel; they wanted to show off their new sophisticated weaponry
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#168New Post! Jan 20, 2020 @ 04:48:47
@4d4m Said

Here's an interesting op ed on why Iran didn't want to kill any US personnel; they wanted to show off their new sophisticated weaponry

That seems to go against your theory that Iran shot down the Ukrainian airliner on purpose.

If Iran was trying to show off their "new sophisticated weaponry", why would they then undermine that effort by purposefully shooting down a civilian airliner and then acting like it was an accident?

And why would they want to show off their "new sophisticated weaponry" in the first place/

From a military perspective, it is best to keep "your" new sophisticated weaponry a secret as long as possible.

PS
This was Saddam's problem. He didn't want to admit that he did NOT have any WMS. Why? Because admitting that he did not have any WMD would have shown just how vulnerable he (and Iraq) were. When surrounded by wolves, never show weakness or fear. Saddam had no WMD... he gambled... bluffed... and lost. The End.

Surly Iran wouldn't make the same mistake. So why would then now show their Ace in the hole?

They wouldn't.

4dforum.org,
#169New Post! Jan 21, 2020 @ 03:32:26
@chaski Said

That seems to go against your theory that Iran shot down the Ukrainian airliner on purpose.

If Iran was trying to show off their "new sophisticated weaponry", why would they then undermine that effort by purposefully shooting down a civilian airliner and then acting like it was an accident?

And why would they want to show off their "new sophisticated weaponry" in the first place/

From a military perspective, it is best to keep "your" new sophisticated weaponry a secret as long as possible.

PS
This was Saddam's problem. He didn't want to admit that he did NOT have any WMS. Why? Because admitting that he did not have any WMD would have shown just how vulnerable he (and Iraq) were. When surrounded by wolves, never show weakness or fear. Saddam had no WMD... he gambled... bluffed... and lost. The End.

Surly Iran wouldn't make the same mistake. So why would then now show their Ace in the hole?

They wouldn't.

THAT SURE IS A BIIIIIIIG POST!!!!

actually the article isn't about the attack on the plane, it's about the rocket attack on the airbases in Iraq prior to the plane being shot down. And I agree they wouldn't want to show their hand ahead of time if they now have sophisticated weaponry; unless it has something to do with this reuters article.
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

#170New Post! Jan 21, 2020 @ 04:05:40
@4d4m Said

THAT SURE IS A BIIIIIIIG POST!!!!

Not really... and certainly not in comparison to you posting 2, 3 or 4 posts in a row.

@4d4m Said

actually the article isn't about the attack on the plane, it's about the rocket attack on the airbases in Iraq prior to the plane being shot down.

Actually that doesn't change the point I was making.

4dforum.org,
#171New Post! Jan 21, 2020 @ 04:32:25
No it doesn't, and I actually agree with you. Do you get the point I'm trying to make?
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#172New Post! Jan 22, 2020 @ 18:44:46
@4d4m Said

No deaths .. just a couple of headaches ...

"No, I heard that they had headaches, and a couple of other things, but I would say, and I can report, it's not very serious," Trump said dismissively. When pressed about the potential for traumatic brain injury among those concussed, Trump added: "They told me about it numerous days later, you'd have to ask Department of Defense. I don't consider it very serious relative to other injuries that I've seen. I've seen what Iran has done with their roadside bombs to our troops. I've seen people with no legs and with no arms. I've seen people that were horribly, horribly injured in that area, that war. No, I do not consider that to be bad injuries, no."

Thank you for your report Dr. (non)-Cadet Bonespurs.

What a f***ing moron.
It's unfortunate that the founding fathers didn't include "Moron" as a cause for impeachment and removal.
... I guess they had higher expectations of the voting population.
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

#173New Post! Jan 22, 2020 @ 19:08:56
@4d4m Said

Do you get the point I'm trying to make?

No. Actually I do not get the point that you are trying to make.

NE, Ohio
#174New Post! Jan 22, 2020 @ 21:14:33
"Masked gunmen kill local commander of Iran's security forces"

At first blush, probably in response to the protesters that were killed in earlier demonstrations.

But then we can go off the deep-end with hypothesis and speculation.

4dforum.org,
#175New Post! Jan 23, 2020 @ 07:50:33
Today nothing of note in the news about the recent conflagration with Iran. Our attention is officially directed to the Trumpeachment proceedings and other news.
Nothing to see here, move along.

ps: I'll see if there's anything of note tomorrow
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

#176New Post! Jan 23, 2020 @ 22:49:24
@4d4m Said

Today nothing of note in the news about the recent conflagration with Iran. Our attention is officially directed to the Trumpeachment proceedings and other news.
Nothing to see here, move along.

ps: I'll see if there's anything of note tomorrow

Try BBC, al Jazeera... or click on the "World" section of any news/media outlet.

NE, Ohio
#177New Post! Jan 24, 2020 @ 02:36:46
@chaski Said

Try BBC, al Jazeera... or click on the "World" section of any news/media outlet.

I browse BBC, AP and RT ... as well as CNN
(and spaceweather and yahoo .. and some of the tech news I find from a techie blog)

I thought al Jazeera shut down it's English site ... or was that some other one?

.. but as noted, some seem to have difficulties with port 80 research

4dforum.org,
#178New Post! Jan 24, 2020 @ 06:22:34
Not finding anything of note on the topic today either. The assassination of a Security Force officer in Iran may be an isolated criminal incident. It is doubtful that an isolated hit is significant.
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

#179New Post! Jan 24, 2020 @ 15:57:01
@mrmhead Said

I thought al Jazeera shut down it's English site ... or was that some other one?

I think that was just there TV news... they definitely have a site in English. al Jazeera
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

#180New Post! Jan 24, 2020 @ 16:00:51
@4d4m Said

Not finding anything of note on the topic today either. The assassination of a Security Force officer in Iran may be an isolated criminal incident. It is doubtful that an isolated hit is significant.

Try clicking on the "world" or "middle east" sections. It is not hard to find relevant stories.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...10 11 12 13 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs