News & Current Events

Iran and friends

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...9 10 11 12 13 · >>
4d4m On December 23, 2022

4dforum.org,
#151New Post! Jan 16, 2020 @ 02:42:27
I don't know these people, hell I probably can't even pronounce most of the names correctly. Chances are someone out there does know. I copied the list to a file and started separating them by age brackets, <18, 18-30, >30. That's not going to help though. The next step would be to go to their bios.
Depending on the individual's discretion that may not help either. The best possible source is from individuals who are familiar with the anti government movement and that would be risky. The list at that post is not 176 persons, it's incomplete. Again, this could be an incorrect theory.

4dforum.org,
#152New Post! Jan 16, 2020 @ 02:45:54
The CNN link is about the Prime Minister saying the reason for the protests about the plane downing wasn't because of the actual event, it was because the government lied to the people.
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#153New Post! Jan 16, 2020 @ 04:48:03
@4d4m Said

....this could be an incorrect theory.

Sometimes in the world, in life, what you see is all there is... what you see is exactly what happened.

Quite frankly, humans are not smart enough for grand conspiracies.

This thing in Iran is what it looks like: The USA killed an Iranian General... Iran retaliated by shooting missiles at a base in Iraq with U.S. military... Iran was waiting for a retaliatory response from the USA... an innocent and unrelated civilian air craft took off at exactly the wrong moment... some "trigger happy' Iranian soldier (maybe more than one) panicked and shot the airliner out of the sky....

It was a massive f__k-up.... but that is all that it was... a massive f__k-up....

There was no "VIP"... there is not grand conspiracy to kill James Bond.... a simple military f__k-up.

Any other narrative should be part of a Tom Clancy novel.

PS
No one has to believe me.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#154New Post! Jan 16, 2020 @ 12:35:16
@chaski Said

Sometimes in the world, in life, what you see is all there is... what you see is exactly what happened.

Quite frankly, humans are not smart enough for grand conspiracies.

This thing in Iran is what it looks like: The USA killed an Iranian General... Iran retaliated by shooting missiles at a base in Iraq with U.S. military... Iran was waiting for a retaliatory response from the USA... an innocent and unrelated civilian air craft took off at exactly the wrong moment... some "trigger happy' Iranian soldier (maybe more than one) panicked and shot the airliner out of the sky....

It was a massive f__k-up.... but that is all that it was... a massive f__k-up....

There was no "VIP"... there is not grand conspiracy to kill James Bond.... a simple military f__k-up.

Any other narrative should be part of a Tom Clancy novel.

PS
No one has to believe me.

And a Ukrainian sympathizer that blames the US dumped jet fuel on school children in Los Angeles.
Or maybe he was Canadian.
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#155New Post! Jan 16, 2020 @ 16:37:22
or Hanlon’s razor
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

Individual humans are intelligent, humans as a whole act like big dumb scared animals.
The Queen of Random

Administrator

#156New Post! Jan 16, 2020 @ 16:42:02
What type of html are you tying to enable? Is it the links?

Links from not secure servers. (The http not https) come up automatically. Which means sometimes taking out the “s” works. If it does not the image to the left of the little link with the globe will provide pop up boxes to put in the link and works for a link that will be understood.

Mostly everything else runs on bbc code in our posts. (The brackets and /end tags)

NE, Ohio
#157New Post! Jan 16, 2020 @ 18:14:53
@DiscordTiger Said

Mostly everything else runs on bbc code in our posts. (The brackets and /end tags)

Those damn Brits!

NE, Ohio
#158New Post! Jan 16, 2020 @ 18:16:05
@DiscordTiger Said

or Hanlon’s razor

Individual humans are intelligent, humans as a whole act like big dumb scared animals.

Haven't heard that one.

I've heard of Occam's razor.

4dforum.org,
#159New Post! Jan 17, 2020 @ 06:10:25
@DiscordTiger Said

or Hanlon’s razor

I think of Hanlon's razor as more of a survival tactic reminiscent of the main character in Voltaire's Candide.

4dforum.org,
#160New Post! Jan 17, 2020 @ 06:15:29
Here's a great article from Vox about recent events in Iran. Not a lot about it in the news today, overshadowed (finally) by the Trumpeachment proceedings.
In other news, this article about Jeffrey Epstien from the Daily News

4dforum.org,
#161New Post! Jan 17, 2020 @ 06:19:37
Almost forgot, here's another one on the Iran rocket attacks against bases in Iraq from NBC News
gakINGKONG On October 18, 2022

, Florida
#162New Post! Jan 17, 2020 @ 10:56:47
@4d4m Said

Here's a great article from Vox about recent events in Iran. Not a lot about it in the news today, overshadowed (finally) by the Trumpeachment proceedings.
In other news, this article about Jeffrey Epstien from the Daily News

Couldn't help notice you said great and then Vox shortly after. A little much.

4dforum.org,
#163New Post! Jan 18, 2020 @ 04:05:25
Russia weighed in on the crisis, the story from Reuters . This is a very interesting one with a sympathetic take. Of course if the Iranians thought a US air assault was imminent and downed a Ukraine Airlines plane just before they thought it was going to happen, what was the point? To blame in on the US after the smoke cleared?

4dforum.org,
#164New Post! Jan 19, 2020 @ 06:20:02
Today nothing in the news except the DOD is reporting some soldiers at the bases that were attacked by rockets got concussions and Trump tweets on the topic. What would Noam say?
The Queen of Random

Administrator

#165New Post! Jan 19, 2020 @ 23:33:29
@4d4m Said

I think of Hanlon's razor as more of a survival tactic reminiscent of the main character in Voltaire's Candide.

It comes up on the daily at my work.

It easy to think people are out doing things to be all mean and manipulative, but truthfully they are just ignorant and making a mistake. Many times the ignorance can be fixed for the next time, but it doesn’t change the fact a mistake was made. Part of my job is policy compliance so I hear all about the mistakes in graphic deal from all sides.
Luckily it’s not an industry that deals in life or death.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...9 10 11 12 13 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs