Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2
dujac On May 22, 2012

Hot Springs, Arkansas
#1New Post! Sep 03, 2006 @ 02:54:32
history channel program

is iran the next iraq?

A harrowing look inside the theocracy identified by President Bush as one of the "Axis of
evil."
Featuring interviews with top scholars and government officials.
How serious a threat does Iran represent?
Before Osama bin Laden and Iraq, Iran was commonly regarded as one of the greatest
threats to American interests in the Middle East. For over 25 years, "Death to America" has
been the rallying cry of the Iranian government, but how much of that is hyperbole, and
how much represents a genuine threat?

IRAN: THE NEXT IRAQ takes a hard look inside this theocracy and examines its role in the
post-9/11 world. With a new, hard line president and a seemingly re-invigorated nuclear
program, is Iran a clear and present danger to American security, or is it merely trying to
exploit the political and military instability in the region?
chantwotw On May 05, 2007

, Antarctica
#3New Post! Sep 03, 2006 @ 03:29:57
@smart Said
What the hell cant people think properly??
Arent Israel a threat to all Mideast countries??
Arent AMerica the biggest threat to Iran??

US doesnt want Iran even to breath and so that they can fight and defeat Iran when ever they want..and yes,then it will become the next Iraq.
But it wouldnt be that easy to fight with Iran ...US wants to occupy every mideast nation that are gonna be powerful and that country isnt influenced by them..thats what they did to Iraq and now there they go to Iran.

One of the clear things is that US dont want to fight or get any sanctions against NOrthKorea in nuke program but they are gonna attack Iran soon..and this time they are never gonna reach sucess

This bring me back, to what i saw, on the news before Irak, At the time even if i had dougths, i was for irak war, as liberators (US)
having said that, i also knew that Irak had no more, weapon of mass destruction. Irak is now a mess, Now i dont think Iran is a threat to US, or Isreal, altho i am a little less sure about Isreal. Iran government, is not ready to sacrifice is peoples, I hope. Iran gov'nt knows they would be wiped out in minutes, if they attack Isreal with a nuclear warhead.

8)
smart On April 17, 2007

maradhu, Maldives
#4New Post! Sep 03, 2006 @ 03:40:38
@chantwotw Said
This bring me back, to what i saw, on the news before Irak, At the time even if i had dougths, i was for irak war, as liberators (US)
having said that, i also knew that Irak had no more, weapon of mass destruction. Irak is now a mess, Now i dont think Iran is a threat to US, or Isreal, altho i am a little less sure about Isreal. Iran government, is not ready to sacrifice is peoples, I hope. Iran gov'nt knows they would be wiped out in minutes, if they attack Isreal with a nuclear warhead.

8)

Iran wont attack any country with any weapon(especially with nukes).But i fear about ISrael that they might attack Iran very soon.They have already said that they should be ready to attack Iran now.....US also said that if sanctions doesnt work,they are gonna atack Iran..So i assume another MidEast war is on horizon,and this war will be by the Mideast peacekeeps US and ISRAEL..
digidave On May 24, 2007

Townsville, Australia
#5New Post! Sep 03, 2006 @ 03:55:00
over the last few years a phrase I've heard a lot from Western Governments is "reform of the Arab world" - first time I heard it was ex-secretary of state Madeline Albright - and when I heard it I also heard a sad bell toll - for if this is the attitude and intention of 1st world governments then I fear for Arab culture (which, when you get passed the minority fanatics and fighters, is a beautiful and peaceful ideology - did you see Hezbollah providing their own people with humanitarian aid long before any UN relief effort was even being co-ordinated?) -

reforming the Arab world implies so many things - that we want them to adopt our values, that we require them to join in and become obediant consumers, that their culture is unimportant to us and will be consumed by globalisation (why should they be spared our own fate??) etc,.

I don't know waht to think.

as for the question "is israel dangerous?" , well, no more dangerous that any other fiercely dogmatic and protectionist ethnocentric religious state (nation-state) with an extremely well-trained and well-equipped military. so yes, potentially extremely dangerous. Isarel is supported by extremely influential lobby groups in the US and Europe. And Western Goverments are still plagued by Holocaust-guilt (I'm not suggesting the Holocaust wasn't perhaps humanity's darkest hour but I think it may be time we all moved on - I feel terribly for what happened to the Jewish people 60 years ago, but I also feel terribly for what's happening to the Palestinian people today).

Isn't there some Nostradamus or other prediction that issues relating to Israel will start WW3 ?
digidave On May 24, 2007

Townsville, Australia
#7New Post! Sep 03, 2006 @ 04:39:22
@smart Said
Things relating Israel could lead to some wars in Mideast,but it cannot lead to ww3 because every Western country is with them..so there is no one who can fight them to make a ww3...

yeah but what if Iran launches a Nuclear strike against israel and israel/allies respond and then nth Korea gets in on the act (and other "rogue" states) - wouldn't take too many devices to f*** this planet up beyaond all recognition -

things change - the current status quo is unlikely to continue for long
smart On April 17, 2007

maradhu, Maldives
#8New Post! Sep 03, 2006 @ 04:50:15
@digidave Said
yeah but what if Iran launches a Nuclear strike against israel and israel/allies respond and then nth Korea gets in on the act (and other "rogue" states) - wouldn't take too many devices to f*** this planet up beyaond all recognition -

things change - the current status quo is unlikely to continue for long

wait...now also Israel has got nukes...what if they attack Iran??they always hope for it but they know that if they attack first..they will surely be blamed for starting a new war and many countries will go against them if thats the status(not US).

Iran hasnt still got nukes and when iran gets them...they wont attack..they said they will destroy Israel and US..but it was just a saying..not a saying for an act...just a saying..Iran also know what is world peace and they wont attack anyone if they have got nukes..cause that is for their self defense,just like US says..

If Israel has to face a tough war,they will surely use Nukes..like they used Clustor bombs on Lebanon...Israel is the danger for Iran and Iran is not the danger for Israel.
digidave On May 24, 2007

Townsville, Australia
#9New Post! Sep 03, 2006 @ 05:03:05
@smart Said
wait...now also Israel has got nukes...what if they attack Iran??they always hope for it but they know that if they attack first..they will surely be blamed for starting a new war and many countries will go against them if thats the status(not US).

Iran hasnt still got nukes and when iran gets them...they wont attack..they said they will destroy Israel and US..but it was just a saying..not a saying for an act...just a saying..Iran also know what is world peace and they wont attack anyone if they have got nukes..cause that is for their self defense,just like US says..

If Israel has to face a tough war,they will surely use Nukes..like they used Clustor bombs on Lebanon...Israel is the danger for Iran and Iran is not the danger for Israel.

mmm, think you're right but hope you're not
dujac On May 22, 2012

Hot Springs, Arkansas
#10New Post! Sep 03, 2006 @ 16:47:55
is it true that 15 year old boys have impressionable minds

but, not the experience to balance it out?
smart On April 17, 2007

maradhu, Maldives
#11New Post! Sep 03, 2006 @ 16:57:31
@dujac Said
is it true that 15 year old boys have impressionable minds

but, not the experience to balance it out?

I am only 15 years to this world but i do explore and get alot of information..I just wanna you to explain me much more,the thing you said just now..

I dont wonder i can argue you in the Iran and Mideast matter because i have the ability,experience more than you even though you are more than double of my age..But i cant argue in other matters with you..but i believe i can do it in every cost about MidEast..dont ask me why...its just easy for me to talk the truth..rather than you talking and siding untruth in Mideast matter..sorry to say this to an elder but..Damn..i am not gonna loose in this..yea..s*** happens..
dujac On May 22, 2012

Hot Springs, Arkansas
#12New Post! Sep 03, 2006 @ 17:12:39
what we say doesn't matter much

reality will win

i'm bored
dujac On May 22, 2012

Hot Springs, Arkansas
#14New Post! Sep 05, 2006 @ 04:08:02
sooner or later

freedom trumps tyranny
digidave On May 24, 2007

Townsville, Australia
#15New Post! Sep 05, 2006 @ 04:20:33
@dujac Said
sooner or later

freedom trumps tyranny

problem is it's just another type of tyranny - albeit a slightly less agressive one - someone's always left disenfranchised, whatever the prevailing ideology
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs