Relationships

Interest?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 · >>
tickleme On January 28, 2014

somewhere in the world., Antar
#1New Post! Jun 26, 2013 @ 08:58:00
Ok, long story short, this guy i know is acting weird and i am not sure if he is giving off signals that he likes me or not..

The other night he started off telling me he was having a bath and i said could i join him and he said things could get steamy and i said i would give him a smack next time i saw him and he said he wasn't into that.

Then he tells me he is going out on a date with some girl that has been set up for him and then texts me to tell me she wasnt what he was expecting and i respond with "does that i mean i have to step in to find you a decent girl?" and he said "maybe" and i said "a wild one, similar to me?" and he said "like you"

Was that comment a hint he is interested or wanting someone like me?
The_Judge On September 17, 2013

Deleted

Your city, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Jun 26, 2013 @ 09:18:38
@tickleme Said

Ok, long story short, this guy i know is acting weird and i am not sure if he is giving off signals that he likes me or not..

The other night he started off telling me he was having a bath and i said could i join him and he said things could get steamy and i said i would give him a smack next time i saw him and he said he wasn't into that.

Then he tells me he is going out on a date with some girl that has been set up for him and then texts me to tell me she wasnt what he was expecting and i respond with "does that i mean i have to step in to find you a decent girl?" and he said "maybe" and i said "a wild one, similar to me?" and he said "like you"

He is building attraction. He is push pulling you. He qualifies then disqualifies you. Now you dont know where you stand.

If he gives you attention, you will appreciate it. He has already demonstrated that he is not just after sex after his steamy bath comments. This demonstrates higher value.

And seeing another girl, he has shown that he has options and is not desperate or needy.

All this does is create attraction.

If you wernt inthe slightest bit attracted, you wouldnt be posting this.

If he came upto you and said he had a crush on you and seemed obsessed with you, you probably wouldnt be interested (dunno for certain). Or if he asked you loads of interview type questions thinking it would get him somewhere when it wouldnt.

At the very least these actions garuntee you are not just planning on placing him in the friend zone.

I only wonder if he knows what he is doing or not.
Electric_Banana On February 05, 2024

, New Zealand
#3New Post! Jun 26, 2013 @ 10:05:28
What happened to apartment repair guy you were dating?
Grrrl On June 01, 2014

, United Kingdom
#4New Post! Jun 26, 2013 @ 11:05:20
@tickleme Said

It's ok to just straight up ask people whether they like you or not. He should be able to offer better clarification than any of us can.

Although it sounds like you like him, I'm not 100% clear from this if you do, or if you want him to stop bothering you; so he might not be sure either.

I'd have been with my boyfriend a whole year longer if we'd just had the "Hey, sometimes you act like you like me and then other times I'm not so sure, what's with that?" conversation. Ask him!

Deleted

#5New Post! Jun 26, 2013 @ 11:50:16
@Grrrl Said

It's ok to just straight up ask people whether they like you or not.

Now you see, that is where I would laugh, smile and say something like "You remind me of my little sister, I just want to wrap you up in a blanket". Just to add confusion.
paramour On July 30, 2014

Purgatory Beach,
#6New Post! Jun 26, 2013 @ 14:22:55
@The_Judge Said

Now you see, that is where I would laugh, smile and say something like "You remind me of my little sister, I just want to wrap you up in a blanket". Just to add confusion.

Sometimes I wonder about my partner and his li'l sister, so I don't think that rules things out entirely.
someone_else_again On May 20, 2021
Really. Not a dude.

, Washington
#7New Post! Jun 26, 2013 @ 17:09:58
@The_Judge Said

I only wonder if he knows what he is doing or not.

I'll echo that.

Before I read your post, I would have said he's absolutely interested. Knowledge of screwed up games like that is ... well ... it's a double edged sword isn't it?

At any rate, as I was reading the OP, I was reminded of a song.

Deleted

#8New Post! Jun 26, 2013 @ 17:11:48
@someone_else_again Said

I'll echo that.

Before I read your post, I would have said he's absolutely interested. Knowledge of screwed up games like that is ... well ... it's a double edged sword isn't it?

At any rate, as I was reading the OP, I was reminded of a song.

Thinking about I don't think he does know what he is doing. Otherwise he would of progressed by now.
Really. Not a dude.

, Washington
#9New Post! Jun 26, 2013 @ 17:13:09
@The_Judge Said

Thinking about I don't think he does know what he is doing. Otherwise he would of progressed by now.

Hmm...

You mean he doesn't understand how to do it or he doesn't know that he's doing it?

Deleted

#10New Post! Jun 26, 2013 @ 17:17:14
As for the double edged sword bit yes I agree. Before me and my ex split up. It became push pull but her doing it. I don't believe it was intentional either. Just s*** happened which changed both of our personal circumstances. She moved up north I moved down south. New jobs for both of us. Both in cities we didn't know. Well at the time we actually split up, I wasn't sure whether I was gonna be getting a civvie job or flying out to Afghan in 2 months time, so kinda a messed up situation.

But anyway, she would be moody for a while, then everything would be awesome. Then moody, then awesome. You get the picture.

ANyway I hated it when she was moody, but when things were good again, it was amazing and I appreciated and enjoyed it morw as it was scarce. That had to be the most emotionally messed up month of my life. Especially with other stuff that was happening.

So yeah I know exactly how push pull works. But theres doing it playfully making silly remarks and then there are extremes.

When done playfully, it comes under the name "flirting".

Deleted

#11New Post! Jun 26, 2013 @ 17:19:31
@someone_else_again Said

Hmm...

You mean he doesn't understand how to do it or he doesn't know that he's doing it?

Dosnt know that he's doing it.

Its like when you feel a deep connetion with someone. WHen you have those chats which afterwards you feel like you've known each other for months.

I used to experience that with girls and never know why.

Really its retty simple, you have had a deep conversation and revealed things you wouldn't normally tell anyone except your closest friends.

Now I why I got those feelings, I know what was different about those chats to other chats and I know it isn't just some type of "magical connection".
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#12New Post! Jun 26, 2013 @ 17:19:39
@tickleme Said

In a way yes, he is throwing hints. I guess he is trying to build some type of attraction.

Deleted

#13New Post! Jun 26, 2013 @ 17:20:45
@Cpat92 Said

In a way yes, he is throwing hints. I guess he is trying to build some type of attraction.

I think he is waiting for her to make the next move.

And quite rightly so, expecting the bloke to make all the moves is sexist ya know.
Really. Not a dude.

, Washington
#14New Post! Jun 26, 2013 @ 17:41:48
@The_Judge Said

Dosnt know that he's doing it.

Okay, that's what I thought you meant at first and then I wasn't so sure.

@The_Judge Said

It's like when you feel a deep connetion with someone. WHen you have those chats which afterwards you feel like you've known each other for months.

I used to experience that with girls and never know why.

Really its retty simple, you have had a deep conversation and revealed things you wouldn't normally tell anyone except your closest friends.

Now I why I got those feelings, I know what was different about those chats to other chats and I know it isn't just some type of "magical connection".

Interesting.

Deleted

#15New Post! Jun 26, 2013 @ 17:44:44
@someone_else_again Said

Okay, that's what I thought you meant at first and then I wasn't so sure.

Interesting.

Its good to know. If Im talking to someone I genrally don't want a connection with, I don't get into that sort of conversation.

With Great Power.... and all that jazz.

And for anyone who is reading this. If you decide to try this, only do it with people you are serious about. It does create a connection, on the ethical front, it is actually wrong to do this with just anyone.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs