Forums:
Politics

Institute for Human Continuity (IHC)

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
torrentwolves On February 04, 2009

Grand Rapids, Michigan
#1New Post! Feb 04, 2009 @ 02:30:59
While browsing the internet last night (aka checking myspace, something I do on very rare occasions) I noticed a banner plastered on the main page that caught my attention. Being that I am an avid believer/follower in apocalyptic scenarios and the innumerable threats to humanity as a whole, I clicked the giant banner advertising the slogan "How would the government prepare us for the end of the world. They wouldn't."

This led me to a sight created by the Institute for Human Continuity, or IHC. The site is dedicated to raising awareness for global destruction during the supposed 2012 apocalypse. They also encourage you to sign-up for a "lottery" and chosen peoples will be invited to an "experimental and secret" test.

The group itself claims to have been working underground for about 3 decades now and in the past year decided to go public, releasing the information they have accumulated and warning the people of earth of impending doom.

https://www.instituteforhumancontinuity.org/

---

Then today, while logging on to youtube, a video played automatically on the main page. The video has it's URL at the top "thisistheend.com"... catches my attention with a man holding a football, explaining that if you didn't catch the Superbowl, you may not have many more to see in the future.

The man, Charlie Frost, claims to be an "apocalypse prognosticator"... to anyone who's seen a movie in the past 15-years might recognize this "Charlie Frost".

However, Charlie goes on to bring up the IHC and their lottery and that there isn't a chance for anyone to survive the supposed apocalypse of 2012.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRoD4h8IGCc

---

I just found this all quite overwhelming and thought I'd share.

What's with the viral marketing of this 2012 stuff?

---

Edit: Upon further investigation, it would appear that these viral videos are promoting a 2012 movie that is slated to come out this fall...
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs