Politics

Independents Continue To Move Away From The Democrat Party

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
jackmcg On August 20, 2010

Deleted

West Chester, Pennsylvania
#1New Post! Aug 15, 2010 @ 20:39:04
This AP-Gfk poll apparently didn't make the major US news media. I found it in today's online publication of the Tri-City Herald, based in Kennewick, Washington. Despite posts that appear in the Politics forum claiming that the right is dying and the left is growing, this survey says otherwise. https://www.tri-cityherald.com/2010/08/15/1131006/ap-gfk-poll-independent-voters.html

Independents' support for Democrat incumbents and candidates is flagging very quickly. Unless the Democrats can come up with a major October surprise or gather the will to go more moderate on their polices and bill sponsorship, apprx. 70% of independents who voted with them in the last elections have indicated they will go with the Republicans this time around.

The poll indicates a majority of the Independents now trust the Republican Party more than the Democrat Party on economic matters, albeit not by much. In terms of national security, the Democrats are almost off the bottom of the survey paper.

President Obama's weekend speech at a Ramadan dinner has, also, placed Democrats in a difficult position with a NY based situation that his speech took national. One Democrat incumbent stated something to the effect of President Obama needs to be a bit more of a leader and a little less of a college professor.

Ethics trials scheduled for major Democrat House incumbents is also not helping. Both are allegedly involved in using their offices to help themselves or conflict of interest organizations financially.

House Rep Charlie Rangel intends to use a 3-way defense against his ethics charges. 1. I didn't do it! 2. I did it, but wasn't paying attention. and 3. I did it, but so did other House members. Dems aren't happy. https://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/legislative/2010-07-31-rangel-defense_N.htm?csp=obinsite

House Rep Maxine Waters may use the defense that 1. I did it, but Bush made me do it! or 2. This is racism. Possibly a combination of both. Dems are happier with this approach so far. https://caivn.org/article/2010/08/14/maxine-waters-blames-racism-bush-ethics-charges

Developing.
jackmcg On August 20, 2010

Deleted

West Chester, Pennsylvania
#2New Post! Aug 15, 2010 @ 21:35:17
Another story just released a bit ago won't help. Seems the Democrats can't help but step from one mess to another. Bill Clinton, during an interview in Pennsylvania, has denied the White House version of events regarding the White House claiming Clinton asked Rep. Sestak to withdraw in his primary race against Senator Arlen Specter. Clinton claims he never had that conversation with Sestak. Sestak isn't talking and the WH has had no comment. This is like the gang that couldn't shoot straight.
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/08/12/clinton-denies-tried-lure-sestak-race-specter/
ThePainefulTruth On May 06, 2013
Verum est Deus

Deleted

Peoria, Arizona
#3New Post! Aug 16, 2010 @ 05:19:27
@jackmcg Said
President Obama's weekend speech at a Ramadan dinner has, also, placed Democrats in a difficult position with a NY based situation that his speech took national.

Y'know, I think he's got something of a point (for the wrong reasons of course), but the right wing demagogues a killing him with it for a change. I really hate it for him. I guess Obama's chickens are come'n home to roost.

Quote:
One Democrat incumbent stated something to the effect of President Obama needs to be a bit more of a leader and a little less of a college professor.

That statement is the highlight of my day. You can take a community organizer out of the Kenya, but you can't make a leader out of an Alinsky 101 college professor--especially without his teleprompter.

Quote:
House Rep Maxine Waters

'Nuff said. She's still trying to figure out why the US flag isn't on Mars--or something. But never you mind. Her con'stich'n'cy only cares the she knows where Obama's stash is.

Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs