Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...5 6 7 8 9 ...15 16 17 · >>
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#91New Post! Jan 20, 2020 @ 17:08:31
@darkman666 Said

pat- actually, mean by my statement, bozo started over was re-elect again. that they couldn't impeachment bozo again, his part of influence the 2020 election if of Russia was involved this time.

of course, bozo pretty stupid to it the same thing twice with Russia. it would be interesting if Kim of North Korea would do it. they can impeach bozo that way.

what the odds in history that record one president that got impeached three times. in three different presidential elections, took the government one of three times, finally, got this president to go to jail for life?

like Elliot ness finally got al Capone for not paid for his taxes.

Oh okay. I understand now. Well, adding Russia to this equation opens another can of worms. The fact that HE (whether you agree or not, whether you want to believe it or not) raised the economy and that fact alone gives him a chance to be re-elected. Pelosi will come with more articles of impeachment and if/when she does, it may reduce its effectiveness. Russia wouldn't need involvement. The entire Russia fiasco still seems fishy to me because it was a back and forth that Trump had Russian assistance (accusations I heard from supporters on the left, not the news) and I heard that Hillary had or attempted to get Russian Assistance (accusations I heard from the supporters on the right, not the news). Don't know what's true and if it is true, why didn't they put in articles of impeachment earlier (not sure and cannot recall if they did).

As for the odds, I personally think it will be low. They will have to find something major that would convince the Senate, as well as many Republicans to agree with them to make this happen. While there is a lot of information coming from the Democratic side, it's hard to say that it's the actual truth. Many may disagree with me but I feel that after a while they will be running into many dead ends to get their way.
Darkman666 On about 15 hours ago

Saint Louis, Missouri
#92New Post! Jan 20, 2020 @ 17:13:40
@Cpat92 Said

Oh okay. I understand now. Well, adding Russia to this equation opens another can of worms. The fact that HE (whether you agree or not, whether you want to believe it or not) raised the economy and that fact alone gives him a chance to be re-elected. Pelosi will come with more articles of impeachment and if/when she does, it may reduce its effectiveness. Russia wouldn't need involvement. The entire Russia fiasco still seems fishy to me because it was a back and forth that Trump had Russian assistance (accusations I heard from supporters on the left, not the news) and I heard that Hillary had or attempted to get Russian Assistance (accusations I heard from the supporters on the right, not the news). Don't know what's true and if it is true, why didn't they put in articles of impeachment earlier (not sure and cannot recall if they did).

As for the odds, I personally think it will be low. They will have to find something major that would convince the Senate, as well as many Republicans to agree with them to make this happen. While there is a lot of information coming from the Democratic side, it's hard to say that it's the actual truth. Many may disagree with me but I feel that after a while they will be running into many dead ends to get their way.

I have agree that there is a lot of things in this whole mess is very confusing. it's sad that republicans have defend bozo, just to protect their jobs in Washington.
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#93New Post! Jan 20, 2020 @ 17:31:39
@darkman666 Said

I have agreed that there is a lot of things in this whole mess that is very confusing. it's sad that republicans have defended bozo, just to protect their jobs in Washington.

Well, it's not just them. I find efforts on both sides sad. To me, and again this is my personal opinion, to an extent, both sides have made some desperate attempts to either get one in trouble or defend one who is in trouble. If shoes were on the other foot and Hillary was the one to be elected instead of Trump, I have a feeling the same things would happen. The Republicans would treat her worse than Obama because of the belief that her hands are just as tainted as Trump's. What makes it worse, this situation is creating a greater divide in the country and it's going to keep going until things get put into proper order.
mrmhead On about 16 hours ago

NE, Ohio
#94New Post! Jan 20, 2020 @ 17:32:47
@Cpat92 Said

Harvey Weinstein and company produced some great films and won awards in film and on stage.
Why should he be tried for crimes?

Saint Louis, Missouri
#95New Post! Jan 20, 2020 @ 17:38:35
@Cpat92 Said

Well, it's not just them. I find efforts on both sides sad. To me, and again this is my personal opinion, to an extent, both sides have made some desperate attempts to either get one in trouble or defend one who is in trouble. If shoes were on the other foot and Hillary was the one to be elected instead of Trump, I have a feeling the same things would happen. The Republicans would treat her worse than Obama because of the belief that her hands are just as tainted as Trump's. What makes it worse, this situation is creating a greater divide in the country and it's going to keep going until things get put into proper order.

both democrats and republicans are mere puppets, which their leaders maniputely to follow them, where they want to go. I think wategate probably started this tainted trust that America has see the truth, the presidents can, they want finally the corporation come out from under the rocks that it's hide in.
chaski On about 3 hours ago
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#96New Post! Jan 20, 2020 @ 17:40:56
@Cpat92 Said

The fact that HE (whether you agree or not, whether you want to believe it or not) raised the economy...

That isn't actually a "fact"

The economy is presently the longest period of economic growth in U.S. history.

However, this economic growth started in 2009... that is eight (8) years before Trump took office.

While it is true that the U.S. economy has continued to grow after Obama left office, it is not true that Trump is the one who "raised the economy".

However, you are correct that the fact that the economy remains strong and continues to grow gives Trump a chance to be re-elected.
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#97New Post! Jan 20, 2020 @ 18:09:55
@mrmhead Said

Harvey Weinstein and company produced some great films and won awards in film and on stage.
Why should he be tried for crimes?

If there are crimes he committed, with actual evidence not backed by propaganda then by all means.
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#98New Post! Jan 20, 2020 @ 18:13:25
@chaski Said

That isn't actually a "fact"

The economy is presently the longest period of economic growth in U.S. history.

However, this economic growth started in 2009... that is eight (8) years before Trump took office.

While it is true that the U.S. economy has continued to grow after Obama left office, it is not true that Trump is the one who "raised the economy".

However, you are correct that the fact that the economy remains strong and continues to grow gives Trump a chance to be re-elected.

So the economy started to grow during the recession? While there was headway being made during Obama's 2nd term, Trump's added to the growth, regardless of who wants to give him credit.
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#99New Post! Jan 20, 2020 @ 18:16:25
@darkman666 Said

both democrats and republicans are mere puppets, which their leaders maniputely to follow them, where they want to go. I think watergate probably started this tainted trust that America has seen the truth; the presidents can, they want the corporation finally come out from under the rocks that it's hiding in.

Quite possibly, but I'm more than positive more shady things have taken place before that — things we probably have yet to learn about.
Stalker

#100New Post! Jan 20, 2020 @ 18:30:43
@Cpat92 Said

So the economy started to grow during the recession?

Yes... 2009 to be exact... to believe otherwise would be to believe that the USA is not in fact in the longest period of economic growth in U.S. history.

And the fact that we are in the longest period of economic growth in U.S. history is not disputed by anyone... not by Democrats... not by Republicans... not even Trump disputes this fact.

Note: Some put June 2009 as the end of the recession. That is probably a bit of an exaggeration... more likely the recession ended in early 2011.

@Cpat92 Said

While there was headway being made during Obama's 2nd term, Trump's added to the growth, regardless of who wants to give him credit.

Yes. Our economy has continued to grow under Trump.

In fact, if you look at a chart you will notice that the economic growth has been essentially steadily upward since 2009. There was no "spike" in the economy with Trump. Just a continued steady upward growth.

Here is one chart on unemployment. You can see that the drop in unemployment was pretty steadily down since 2012. Other charts showing other aspects of the economy are similar. The growth has maintained a fairly steady movement towards the positive growth.

Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#101New Post! Jan 20, 2020 @ 18:55:30
@chaski Said

Yes... 2009 to be exact... to believe otherwise would be to believe that the USA is not in fact in the longest period of economic growth in U.S. history.

And the fact that we are in the longest period of economic growth in U.S. history is not disputed by anyone... not by Democrats... not by Republicans... not even Trump disputes this fact.

Note: Some put June 2009 as the end of the recession. That is probably a bit of an exaggeration... more likely the recession ended in early 2011.

Yes. Our economy has continued to grow under Trump.

In fact, if you look at a chart you will notice that the economic growth has been essentially steadily upward since 2009. There was no "spike" in the economy with Trump. Just a continued steady upward growth.

Here is one chart on unemployment. You can see that the drop in unemployment was pretty steadily down since 2012. Other charts showing other aspects of the economy are similar. The growth has maintained a fairly steady movement towards the positive growth.

Interesting.
Stalker

#102New Post! Jan 20, 2020 @ 19:13:38
@Cpat92 Said

Interesting.

Side note: I am reluctant to give any president undue credit for the economy.

In my opinion it is legislation that drives the economy.

A couple examples:

> Obama gets credit for the ACA (aka Obama Care). But the ACA is legislation and presidents don't draft legislation, Congress does. Yes, Obama signed it into law... but if there are aspects of the ACA that are bad, the fault lies with the H.R. & Senate.

> On the other hand Obama "fought" pretty hard to convince Congress to pass legislation that saved the U.S. auto industry, which was a huge factor in the growth of our economy. One example being trucks; U.S. trucks out sell foreign trucks massively >>> think jobs and money >>> a boost to the U.S. economy.

> Trump gets credit for the Tax reform bill of 2017. However, neither Trump nor anyone in the White House drafted that bill. Congress did. All Trump did was sign it.

> Trump acts like he bailed out the coal industry. That is likely not true, but even if it was true the impact on the U.S. economy is minimal (think not that many jobs nor money into the U.S. economy).

Now it is absolutely true and factual that presidents will push for certain aspects of important bills... dollar thresholds, milestones, and many particulars. None the less, it is Congress that drafts the bills (legislation) AND Congress can override a presidential veto. As such, it would make more sense for Republicans & Democrats in Congress to work together (compromise and cooperate) more... that way more could get done and if any given President tried to block Congress, a unified Congress could politically crush and president and essentially all but invalidate his/her administration.

HOWEVER >>> Americans, historically, have voted what is known as a "pocketbook" vote. That is, if the economy is good, don't change presidents. If the economy is bad, change presidents.

Thus, we can to a point expect Trump's re-election.

I admit to way over simplifying all of that and there are other factors at play in U.S. politics right now.

etc

Saint Louis, Missouri
#103New Post! Jan 20, 2020 @ 23:26:33
last year, one company complained about china tariff was Walmart. they wrote to government to tell make 115 billions last year, but with china tariff, they have to raise their price.

I never really quite understand the pros and cons of how bad china tariff would impact the usa economy or it would be disaster to usa economy.

I tried to follow the china tariff, then bozo go involved, and after he open his mouth. it like watching " who's on first? " scenario came about. I gave up!
mrmhead On about 16 hours ago

NE, Ohio
#104New Post! Jan 21, 2020 @ 01:03:21
@darkman666 Said

last year, one company complained about china tariff was Walmart. they wrote to government to tell make 115 billions last year, but with china tariff, they have to raise their price.

I never really quite understand the pros and cons of how bad china tariff would impact the usa economy or it would be disaster to usa economy.

I tried to follow the china tariff, then bozo go involved, and after he open his mouth. it like watching " who's on first? " scenario came about. I gave up!

It's not just the tariff, it's also the retribution tariffs that China imposes that cut our exports - especially agriculture.

But some people can't seem to see very far beyond their big nose.
And their peripheral vision is impaired by big, orange hair.
Stalker

#105New Post! Jan 21, 2020 @ 01:21:36
@darkman666 Said

It is like this >>> China is ripping us off... under cutting our prices (hey... they are a Communist based economy influenced by Capitalism with a goal of taking advantage of the gullible "West".)

> Let's say that China is selling us wiggets for $100 a unit.
> That is super cheap... way cheeper than U.S. companies can make wiggets.
> We sell wiggets for $150 a unit.

> Meanwhile, China is the primary source of the raw materials that wiggets are made from.

> So to even things out "we" put a tariff on China made wiggets.

> So China raises the price of wiggets to $145... and raises their price on the raw materials that wiggets are made from... and yet China made wiggets are still cheeper than the USA can made wiggets.

> American consumers bought wiggets before, and now continue to buy wiggets >>> because China made wiggets are still cheeper than U.S. made wiggets.

1. Who gets the revenue from the tariffs of wiggets made in China?

>>> The U.S. Government.

2. So, who actually paid for the tariff... China or the U.S. consumer?

>>> The U.S. consumer.

Tariffs are a hidden tax levied against U.S. citizens.

Note: I fully admit that I way over simplified the situation, but I had to do that to keep it within most people's ability to get the picture.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...5 6 7 8 9 ...15 16 17 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs