Politics

Impeachment

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 ...15 16 17 · >>
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#16New Post! Dec 19, 2019 @ 04:11:12
Tulsi Gabbard did not vote for impeachment today, one of only 4 Democrats who didn’t.

Guess we now know where her loyalties lie. I hope she DOES run under a third party. The rate she is going, she may siphon more GOP votes than DNC.
chaski On about 14 hours ago
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#17New Post! Dec 19, 2019 @ 04:27:53
@Leon Said

In scrutiny, the Constitution isn’t really built for what has transpired this year.

I disagree... I think, that the Constitution was built exactly for what has happened this year.

However, the Constitution is just an ideal. It cannot force men to choose facts, honor, decency, objectivity, etc...

The failing of our political system is that having two political parties is by nature, ultimately, a polarized system.
Stalker

#18New Post! Dec 19, 2019 @ 04:29:53
@Leon Said

Tulsi Gabbard did not vote for impeachment today, one of only 4 Democrats who didn’t.

Guess we now know where her loyalties lie. I hope she DOES run under a third party. The rate she is going, she may siphon more GOP votes than DNC.

I doubt that she will get the nomination for the Democratic Party, but if she does it would make more sense to just vote for Trump.
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#19New Post! Dec 19, 2019 @ 04:34:36
@chaski Said

I disagree... I think, that the Constitution was built exactly for what has happened this year.

Well the question of whether a sitting President can be charged isn’t explicit. Then there’s the whole drama that we’ve seen over several months of the White House refusing to hand over anything subpoenaed and directing everyone to shut up, with nobody seeming to be able to do anything about it. Then there’s Barr. Etc.

The Supreme Court can try to clarify some of this the best they can from what is written in the Constitution, but it will simply be an interpretation, and potentially partisan at that.
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#20New Post! Dec 19, 2019 @ 04:35:45
@chaski Said

I doubt that she will get the nomination for the Democratic Party, but if she does it would make more sense to just vote for Trump.

Oh she definitely won’t get nominated. But there have been fears she will run in the general election anyways.
Stalker

#21New Post! Dec 19, 2019 @ 04:37:09
@Leon Said

Well the question of whether a sitting President can be charged isn’t explicit.

We are not talking about criminal indictment and conviction here.

The issue of a president potentially being impeached and/or removed has already been resolved... both are part of our system.
Stalker

#22New Post! Dec 19, 2019 @ 04:39:23
@Leon Said

Oh she definitely won’t get nominated. But there have been fears she will run in the general election anyways.

She is a loser and has now lost all credibility in any political party.

She is a none entity.

She can run for office in a 3rd party, but won't get the votes to impact any thing.

Of course that is just my opinion.
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#23New Post! Dec 19, 2019 @ 04:40:09
@chaski Said

We are not talking about criminal indictment and conviction here.

The issue of a president potentially being impeached and/or removed has already been resolved... both are part of our system.

Currently, on the subject of impeachment, for the Ukraine affair, yes. But I was talking about what has gone on all year across all investigations, including Mueller’s.
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#24New Post! Dec 19, 2019 @ 04:43:30
@chaski Said

She is a loser and has now lost all credibility in any political party.

She is a none entity.

She can run for office in a 3rd party, but won't get the votes to impact any thing.

Of course that is just my opinion.

The GOP likes her. She is also a FOX regular. I’m beginning to think that if she ran, Never Trumpers (which constitute 10% of the GOP) may finally have someone to get behind.

10% is a huge number. Smaller percentages that went to 3rd party candidates have turned elections in the past.
Stalker

#25New Post! Dec 19, 2019 @ 04:46:31
@Leon Said

The GOP likes her. She is also a FOX regular. I’m beginning to think that if she ran, Never Trumpers (which constitute 10% of the GOP) may finally have someone to get behind.

10% is a huge number. Smaller percentages that went to 3rd party candidates have turned elections in the past.

I doubt seriously that the would reduce Trump's votes... maybe he could dump Pence and pick her as his new VP.
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#26New Post! Dec 19, 2019 @ 04:49:55
@chaski Said

I doubt seriously that the would reduce Trump's votes... maybe he could dump Pence and pick her as his new VP.

Well I will agree with you in that she no longer really poses a threat to Democrats, as Hillary once feared.
Stalker

#27New Post! Dec 19, 2019 @ 04:50:57
@Leon Said

Currently, on the subject of impeachment, for the Ukraine affair, yes. But I was talking about what has gone on all year across all investigations, including Mueller’s.

I don't think it is our Constitution that was not prepared for Trump. In fact, I think our so called "forefathers" actually predicted him.

What wasn't ready for what has happened over the last few years is the American people.

We are a deeply divide people that prefers catch power phrases over facts.

We prefer to root for our politicians as if they are our high school football team to be valued as No. 1 regardless of scores, schedules and numbers in the win/loss column.

Basically Americans are ultimately gullible, trite, and willfully ignorant... we are an embarrassment to ourselves.
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#28New Post! Dec 19, 2019 @ 05:04:16
@chaski Said

I don't think it is our Constitution that was not prepared for Trump. In fact, I think our so called "forefathers" actually predicted him.

What wasn't ready for what has happened over the last few years is the American people.

We are a deeply divide people that prefers catch power phrases over facts.

We prefer to root for our politicians as if they are our high school football team to be valued as No. 1 regardless of scores, schedules and numbers in the win/loss column.

Basically Americans are ultimately gullible, trite, and willfully ignorant... we are an embarrassment to ourselves.

Well the problem also has been getting the facts out to the American people.

What the White House, Barr, and, in turn, his GOP lapdogs have done to block the process has never been exercised to the extent and scope it has been this year. And shouldn’t be underestimated how huge a role this has played in tampering public opinion, including, yes, the current impeachment investigation.

If everybody simply obeyed subpoenas on all these investigations as they have for decades prior to this year, we would have had a vastly more different, more educated, picture on what kind of person Trump is, his motives, and what he is doing. But nobody, not Congress, not the courts, and ultimately not the Constitution (at least in any explicit manner), seems to have been able to prevent the stonewalling that we have seen in such magnitude as we have this year across Congressional investigations. We just lucked out on a few witness testimonies on Ukraine. But that simply hasn’t been enough to turn the tide on what otherwise should be obvious about who we are dealing with in the Oval Office (and would have been for any prior President).
Stalker

#29New Post! Dec 19, 2019 @ 05:12:03
@Leon Said

Well the problem also has been getting the facts out to the American people.

What the White House, Barr, and, in turn, his GOP lapdogs have done to block the process has never been exercised to the extent and scope it has been this year. And shouldn’t be underestimated how huge a role this has played in tampering public opinion, including, yes, the current impeachment investigation.

If everything and everybody simply obeyed subpoenas on alll these investigations as they have for decades prior to this year, we would have had a vastly more different, more educated, picture on what Trump is doing. But nobody, not Congress, not the courts, and ultimately not the Constitution (at least in any explicit manner), seems to have been able to prevent the stonewalling that we have seen in such magnitude as we have this year across Congressional investigations. We just lucked out on a few witness testimonies on Ukraine. But that simply hasn’t been enough to turn the tide on what otherwise should be obvious about who we are dealing with in the Oval Office (and would have been for any prior President).

It would seem that Republicans/Conservatives disagree with you on this point... though they will no doubt change their mind the next time there is a Democrat President who gets oral sex from another consenting adult.
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#30New Post! Dec 19, 2019 @ 07:06:25
I think a lot of this was thought out in The federalist papers. People now a days just either don’t read them, or allow others to interpret them for them. I mean it’s not something people read for fun. (Hamiltrash aside since Hamilton wrote 51 of them)
I mean some things go to the Supreme Court for settlement, but even that was thought out. That’s why they serve for life, so they don’t have “risk their job” but can instead do what is “right”.

Also I’m kind of annoyed Gabbard declined to make a decision. I don’t agree with every presidential decision, but I do think that some trying to get the job should take clear stands. I’m not a fan of the flip flop, I’ think the time running for President should be demonstrating that you. Are up for the job. Voting present on something as important either way is a cop out. I’m less annoyed at the present vote on general, it’s that she is running at the same time. If anyone else obstains I’d be annoyed at them. I’m ok disagreeing with thier vote, but at least make a f***ing decision.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 ...15 16 17 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs