Pages: << · 1 2 3 · >>
TrOoPs On April 02, 2010

Deleted
Banned

, United Kingdom
#16New Post! Jan 03, 2010 @ 19:07:19
@angelcake Said

Refugees get prettyy much nothing.

not according to my local council! they get priority housing! only repeating what I was told!
drummerwannabe On June 17, 2019
Travel Junkie

In a drum.., Minnesota
#17New Post! Jan 03, 2010 @ 19:19:36
I live in the U.S., but I think we have the same issues when it comes to immigration. I'm all for legal immigration, my country was built by immigrants. But just like the U.K., illegal immigrants are the ones ruining it for the country and for legal immigrants.
sheepy On March 23, 2010

Deleted

Treasure Island, United Kingdo
#18New Post! Jan 03, 2010 @ 19:33:37
I have no problems with people who love this country and want to come live/work here, think they can contribute to the country and better themselves in the process - come on in!
Better than some of the chavs we have here already - perhaps we can kick some of these disgraces out to make room for immigrants who will be better citizens

Anyone who does not love this country, wants to sponge off the place, wants to spread intolerance and hatred - they can frankly f*** off. We are tolerant and accepting - maybe there is somewhere more suited to them...like Zimbabwe.

There however has to be controls. This is a small island with finite resources. There are social/economic problems which are heightened with larger population. There needs to be controlled immigration with perhaps a points system

Contrary to popular opinion, this government hasn't opened the floodgates, it's damned hard to legally emigrate to the UK. What they have done is opened the "backdoor" route through relatives already living here, and labour mp's have voiced concern we are importing backward looking third world attitudes along with this policy contrary to our liberal traditions.
This lifting has also greatly contributed to the rise of the BNP. Once a very fringe party, this is a monster of Labours creation - simple fact. It would be so easy to take away their support if Labour actually listened.

Not everyone who might want to come here can be accomodated. It's as simple as that.

Oh and anyone of these absolute total s*** for brains who dare to even suggest this is racist - get a f***ing life!
erikamadhatter On May 26, 2010

derbyshire, United Kingdom
#19New Post! Jan 03, 2010 @ 19:54:59
i think we'l have to develop a stratagy like australia and start having a point syatem like they have. i also think we should come out the eu but thats another story.
iwannano On May 19, 2010
Mountain William

Deleted

#20New Post! Jan 03, 2010 @ 20:07:30
@jmo Said

I'm not really sure if thats the issue people have a problem with over here.

Is what I have read about the neighborhoods being taken over by armed illegal immigrants that have become a real problem / danger for anyone not of their religion or beliefs ?
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

Yorkshire, United Kingdom
#21New Post! Jan 03, 2010 @ 20:09:32
@iwannano Said

Is what I have read about the neighborhoods being taken over by armed illegal immigrants that have become a real problem / danger for anyone not of their religion or beliefs ?

Where have you read that? Not the case up here anyway.
SparklyKatie On March 07, 2014
\m//O_O\\m/

Sheffield, United Kingdom
#22New Post! Jan 03, 2010 @ 20:17:36
@iwannano Said

I dunno where you read that but I've never experienced it.
tom On March 16, 2023
i love .....

Notlongagoinaplacenotfaraway,
#23New Post! Jan 03, 2010 @ 20:19:18
@iwannano Said

never experienced or heard about that happening anywhere
frodge On June 22, 2010

, United Kingdom
#24New Post! Jan 03, 2010 @ 20:19:58
Immigration is due to a global free market economy.If there is free movement of oil,goods,capital,and jobs there is going to be movement people.It seems to be the same people who are the strongest supporters of this system are also the ones who want to be the toughest on immigration.
iwannano On May 19, 2010
Mountain William

Deleted

#25New Post! Jan 03, 2010 @ 20:35:31
@jmo Said

Where have you read that? Not the case up here anyway.

It hasn't been but a few months ago I read it on some news site I will try to find it and post a link .
sister_of_mercy On March 11, 2015

London, United Kingdom
#26New Post! Jan 03, 2010 @ 21:45:39
@iwannano Said

Never had that where I live.
sheepy On March 23, 2010

Deleted

Treasure Island, United Kingdo
#27New Post! Jan 03, 2010 @ 22:14:21
@iwannano Said

Not heard of that either, however in the north of England we have something a little bit similar.
Not illegal immigrants - the descendants of very hard working immigrants, whose elders despair of how out of control some of the youth have become.
Not armed, unless you count armed with bottles or similar
Danger for anyone not of their religion or beliefs.......that's it.

In a number of northern towns, ghettos have been created, and persons not of that background have been under pressure to leave.
Unsurprisingly, anyone saying this, get the usual chant of "racist" from people living no-where near or in their southern lily white suburbs. You won't get many people living in Bradford, Keighley or Burnley disagreeing.

Interestingly, these same now established communities, the famous birth rate is starting to settle, there is evidence the youths are starting to feel more "british" and it is as always a minority who are the tossers - however a sizable minority, and it is no exaggeration to say amongst many other people in the town, due to these out of controls, that this whole community is absolutely hated. You should see the town bulletin boards on the internet around here!!
More interestingly, this community have been recently complaining about "foreigners" coming in, moving into their area, and saying these incomers (This time from Poland and Czech republic) are causing rising crime and undesirable activities. Just the sort of accusation which was levelled at themselves originally.

That's the thing about the UK, England in particular - eventually everyone just merges and becomes part of the wallpaper, and looking back you wonder what all the fuss was about. It's been the same since the beginning. You can be sure some celtic peasant complained in 1066 about all the bloody french coming over.
iwannano On May 19, 2010
Mountain William

Deleted

#28New Post! Jan 03, 2010 @ 22:22:35
Here is the site that has quite a bit of info on Europes crime .
https://www.forbes.com/2008/07/15/europe-capitals-crime-forbeslife-cx_po_0715crime.html
somwhere on this site is the link to the story I'm still looking for it.
iwannano On May 19, 2010
Mountain William

Deleted

#29New Post! Jan 03, 2010 @ 22:29:29
@sheepy Said

Not heard of that either, however in the north of England we have something a little bit similar.
Not illegal immigrants - the descendants of very hard working immigrants, whose elders despair of how out of control some of the youth have become.
Not armed, unless you count armed with bottles or similar
Danger for anyone not of their religion or beliefs.......that's it.

In a number of northern towns, ghettos have been created, and persons not of that background have been under pressure to leave.
Unsurprisingly, anyone saying this, get the usual chant of "racist" from people living no-where near or in their southern lily white suburbs. You won't get many people living in Bradford, Keighley or Burnley disagreeing.

Interestingly, these same now established communities, the famous birth rate is starting to settle, there is evidence the youths are starting to feel more "british" and it is as always a minority who are the tossers - however a sizable minority, and it is no exaggeration to say amongst many other people in the town, due to these out of controls, that this whole community is absolutely hated. You should see the town bulletin boards on the internet around here!!
More interestingly, this community have been recently complaining about "foreigners" coming in, moving into their area, and saying these incomers (This time from Poland and Czech republic) are causing rising crime and undesirable activities. Just the sort of accusation which was levelled at themselves originally.

That's the thing about the UK, England in particular - eventually everyone just merges and becomes part of the wallpaper, and looking back you wonder what all the fuss was about. It's been the same since the beginning. You can be sure some celtic peasant complained in 1066 about all the bloody french coming over.

This sure sounds alot like the story I read about , I was thinking guns and maybe just applied guns to the story I just gave a quick once over while looking for something different, in both my first post about it and the second post I'm sure glad I ask and didn't state that is what I knew about happenings over there.
CannyMind On January 08, 2015

Glasgow, United Kingdom
#30New Post! Jan 03, 2010 @ 22:30:35
@iwannano Said

The place where I was born, Springburn Glasgow, has one of the largest, if not the largest amount of immigrants in the UK.
They are not running around with guns, nor are they Muslim extremists demanding Sharia Law.
They are in fact living in sub-standard housing, in a (town) area with the highest murder rate per capita, some of the highest unemployment, and the lowest life expectancy, in Western Europe.
They must be overjoyed! Having escaped persecution, starvation, oppression and God knows what else, to then end up here, to face abuse and discrimination every day on top of appalling living standards.

The "not enough room in a small country" argument is absolute rubbish.
Since the clearances the highlands are empty: the entire population of the Netherlands (area=41,543 sq km) could easily be dropped almost anywhere in the highlands, (area=78,772 sq km Scotland) and the place would still be relatively sparsely populated.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs