Religion

Imigrate live by the countries rules,laws

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
perliaa On November 04, 2009

Upnorth, Canada
#1New Post! Jan 08, 2009 @ 19:21:44
Judge: Religion aside, monkey meat needs permit

NEW YORK (AP) ? A federal judge in Brooklyn has rejected a Liberian woman's argument that she had religious reasons for smuggling endangered monkey meat into the United States.
U.S. District Judge Raymond J. Dearie ruled Wednesday that Mamie Manneh's faith didn't preclude her from applying for permits to import exotic food or explain why she misled officials.

Manneh was charged with smuggling the meat three years ago after customs agents seized a shipment of primate parts as it passed through Kennedy Airport on the way to her home in New York.

Manneh's lawyers claimed a First Amendment right, arguing that some Liberian Christians eat monkey meat for spiritual reasons.

Her lawyer didn't respond to phone messages Saturday.

She faces up to five years in prison and deportation if convicted.
https://www.usatoday.com/news/religion/2009-01-05-monkey-liberian_N.htm?csp=34

I sick and fed up with imigrants wanting the laws bent for them on religious grounds when in their our contrys well some countrys would prosicute them for doing the same thing.

Exp: muslim guy in vancouver lived in a church so he wont be deported and another sued to be allowed not to wear a helmet on religious grounds his turban got in the way and he said he was not allowed to take it off.
There are helmets made to accomodate turbans.

Taxpayers pay for the courts ect. ok imagine the same guy living in a mosque how safe would he be from the law in his own country.

Gets off her
ministumblin On January 21, 2009

Deleted

#2New Post! Jan 08, 2009 @ 19:24:44
I understand your ire at these particular immigrants, but please do not let it spread to all immigrants. I am an immigrant myself, and I do not try to bend the laws around my status as a foreign national.
Vizzy On February 20, 2012

, Florida
#3New Post! Jan 08, 2009 @ 19:28:10
@ministumblin Said

I understand your ire at these particular immigrants, but please do not let it spread to all immigrants. I am an immigrant myself, and I do not try to bend the laws around my status as a foreign national.

You can't blend in Stumblin'!
perliaa On November 04, 2009

Upnorth, Canada
#4New Post! Jan 08, 2009 @ 19:29:27
@ministumblin Said

Nope I only mean the ones that use the courts to try to bend the laws for their own goals.
If they wanted to live here or in the states better life ect. they should go by the same laws the rest of the population abides too.

Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs