Politics

Illegal immigrants

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 ...19 20 21 · >>
yellowsubgirly3 On December 09, 2010

Lakewood, Colorado
#1New Post! Dec 30, 2009 @ 20:56:04
Note: I apologize for putting this in the wrong forum. Thanks!
Also, please check link for interesting info: Clicky

Jumping the border?
I live in Colorado. I hate to say it, but there are a lot of illegals and if they weren't there (at least the non-citizens) it could make life very different. I for one have had enough experiences with this topic.

Reasons why I think illegal immigrants shouldn't be allowed:
- Take our jobs (the teenage jobs more or less)
- We have to treat them at hospitals, sometimes they don't pay since they have no insurance
- Use our resources
- They may pay taxes at their local stores, but they don't nearly contribute as much as citizens do when it comes to job taxes. 30cents is a lot different to $300 taken out of a paycheck.
- They don't know english - which inconvenience us. At schools we have to pay for a specific teacher to teach them who knows spanish, at work its hard to know what they are saying because they can't speak in english (i worked at mcdonalds... it was horrible)

As for all of the things above I suppose make me sound "selfish". I realize Americans use up just as many resources as well... but we PAY for the resources and that is where I see the difference. And it seems we are currently paying for all illegal immigrants for some of the reasons above.

I do believe that ILLEGAL is different from a citizen who is from a different country (Just because I don't like illegal immigrants doesn't mean I am racist...) I think any race can live in america if they know our language, pay our taxes (that includes taking money out of paychecks), and are on record. I don't care how hard it is in your country, if you REALLY want to come over, do what it takes.

A second note: I do realize we are all thinking of a certain race (and each person a different race who is most likely effecting your area). If you, perhaps, say your own race and feel discriminated by or that this topic is attacking only you you are the racist one. I am only talking about people who are not on record in america. This could be sians, brazilians, mexicans, or canadians.

What is your opinion?
creynoso On September 01, 2010

Los Angeles, California
#2New Post! Dec 30, 2009 @ 21:38:22
you're just one racist lady. if it wasnt for the illegal imigrants life here in the USA would be a lot harder because people like you would have to do all the work that the illegals do, and I think that them speaking spanish is a way to learn a new language, your such a racist person and because of your attitude, you see things in a different perspective
vicki On May 28, 2010

Deleted

manhattan,
#3New Post! Dec 30, 2009 @ 22:32:18
Blow up our planes
breadwinner On April 16, 2010

Deleted

#4New Post! Dec 30, 2009 @ 22:35:23
@vicki Said

Blow up our planes

Wow
sheepy On March 23, 2010

Deleted

Treasure Island, United Kingdo
#5New Post! Dec 30, 2009 @ 23:03:08
@creynoso Said

you're just one racist lady. if it wasnt for the illegal imigrants life here in the USA would be a lot harder because people like you would have to do all the work that the illegals do, and I think that them speaking spanish is a way to learn a new language, your such a racist person and because of your attitude, you see things in a different perspective

Oh here we go, someone once again decides to throw around the "racist" insult instead of correctly arguing - still better that than having to give a correct counter arguement isn't it

Also you're saying that you like "illegal" immigrants because it makes YOUR life easier - that's because they are illegal and open to being exploited and paid rubbish wages, all to subsidise you. Get this - they are people just like you, not some virtual slave labour to be used to prop up your lifestyle.
This is why there is animosity towards such people, the underclass of the labour market, as they are being exploited, without union protection, and can undercut actual legal citizens, migrants and naturalised.

It is YOU who are racist. These are people, not cattle to prop up your lifestyle and provide you with cheap labour.

It is an economic fact, no country can sustain everyone who might want to go live there. There has to be migration controls simply to protect community viability and infrastructure.
It is a fundamental expectation that anyone going to a new country has the manners to eventually learn the language, this is another reason many Americans I've heard are dismissive of Mexican migrants. It's not all bad of course, but these concerns if they are just dismissed by governments - and right-ons too quick to just scream "racist" when it's nothing of the sort, then it leads to knee jerk attitudes which help no-one.

The OP may not have put this in the most diplomatic language, but it is far from racist it is a concern which needs addressing and which can only rise unless planning is put in place, immigration control is worked on, and there is a correct process for letting in those migrants a country can sustain.
carrell001 On May 28, 2010

Banned

Leesburg,
#6New Post! Dec 30, 2009 @ 23:07:41
@creynoso Said

Right. Not wanting people in the country illegally is racist.
They are criminals. Why would you want them around?
If you wanted to learn a new language, I'm sure you could get someone to enter legally to teach people.
So there are jobs nobody would do except illegal immigrants?
Like what?
I'm sure that there are plenty of people willing to do those jobs that are citizens.
boobagins On August 03, 2013
SPICY HOT TAMALES

Astral Weeks, Florida
#7New Post! Dec 30, 2009 @ 23:11:20
Illegal Immigrants isn't a racial issue and shouldn't belong in the racism forum. Its a LEGAL issue and should belong in a law forum.
boobagins On August 03, 2013
SPICY HOT TAMALES

Astral Weeks, Florida
#8New Post! Dec 30, 2009 @ 23:14:43
I just find it funny that when people make a topic about illegal immigrants it done in the race forum which begs the question...is that what you really think the issue is about or is just subconscious association?

Its a legal issue, news and politics would even be a better place than the racism forum because its already implies something that you may or may not be saying...and then people will jump and say "you're racist for it" when you're not.
sheepy On March 23, 2010

Deleted

Treasure Island, United Kingdo
#9New Post! Dec 30, 2009 @ 23:31:39
@boobagins Said

I just find it funny that when people make a topic about illegal immigrants it done in the race forum which begs the question...is that what you really think the issue is about or is just subconscious association?

Its a legal issue, news and politics would even be a better place than the racism forum because its already implies something that you may or may not be saying...and then people will jump and say "you're racist for it" when you're not.

Very good point. It is something we should be able to discuss as a matter of fact thing. The unfortunate thing is that too many people for ulterior motives are too quick to jump down anyone's throat who expresses natural and logical concerns about the matter of immigration, and screams "racist".

It should indeed be in the news forum
Charles On November 16, 2010

, Christmas Island
#10New Post! Dec 30, 2009 @ 23:35:25
Sure arn't most American's decendants of illegal immigrants?
Your folk illegally went into a country that wasn't yours.
carrell001 On May 28, 2010

Banned

Leesburg,
#11New Post! Dec 30, 2009 @ 23:51:58
@Charles Said

Sure arn't most American's decendants of illegal immigrants?
Your folk illegally went into a country that wasn't yours.

No, as there were no laws forbidding them from entering the country.
Entry was quite legal.

Los Angeles, California
#12New Post! Dec 31, 2009 @ 05:23:19
But if they are not bothering you. then why bother them?
what if you were to have to leave the country to some other place? put yourself in their shoes, they didnt have money TO sustain their family, they didn't have the money to give their kids what they want! think about it? if you had children wouldnt you want them to be happy? have what they want? I Know I would! but if this is what it takes for your children to live happy im sure you would do the same. if you had to fly out of USA because of financial issues and become an illegal somewhere else, and not be wanted! how would you feel? to not be appreciated for all that hard work that you do to bring up your family?
I'm sure that you would feel bad. but as I said earlier, are they really bothering you? then why kick them out if they are humans? living beings? they deserve to have the life that they want to have! I am a proud US citizen but I have mexican heritage, and I know people who have suffered a lot to make sure that their children are happy!

but that's how I feel about them

Los Angeles, California
#13New Post! Dec 31, 2009 @ 05:25:01
@carrell001 Said

No, as there were no laws forbidding them from entering the country.
Entry was quite legal.

but it wasn't exactly what we would call THEIR land!

Lakewood, Colorado
#14New Post! Dec 31, 2009 @ 06:12:43
@boobagins Said

Illegal Immigrants isn't a racial issue and shouldn't belong in the racism forum. Its a LEGAL issue and should belong in a law forum.

Oops, sorry!
I guess that is where I messed up

Lakewood, Colorado
#15New Post! Dec 31, 2009 @ 06:15:40
Hmm. Sorry it is in the wrong forum guys. (I never wanted it to mean I was racist!)
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 ...19 20 21 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs