If you were Prime Minister....

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 4 · >>
semi_precious_stone On June 23, 2019

, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Jul 17, 2007 @ 00:19:25
... Or President what would you do?

Do you think you would have handled something differently than the government?
What would you have as your main priorities?
Do you think somethings should be legalised or criminalised? Or should carry a higher or lower sentence than it currently does?

Also, do you think you would or could stick to what you intended to do?

Feel free to be as random as you wish, it's in the random forum!

I personally would bring back Borstal and National Service (but that is a personal gripe), concentrate on the health service and education and ensure that violent or child related sex offences carry the maximum possible sentence.

I would also completely ban Wednesdays and make Fridays the National day of the Giraffe!

Obviously, I would stick to the having a National Giraffe day, but the others may be tricky, especially the abolition of Wednesdays!

Chrill On August 01, 2022
Gesundheit

Järfälla, Sweden
#2New Post! Jul 17, 2007 @ 00:28:31
I'd resign!
aces On December 23, 2013

, Australia
#3New Post! Jul 17, 2007 @ 00:30:26
@chrill Said
I'd resign!

Yep, i couldnt handle a jopb like that.

, United Kingdom
#4New Post! Jul 17, 2007 @ 00:31:14
@chrill Said
I'd resign!

Kudos
Gesundheit

Järfälla, Sweden
#5New Post! Jul 17, 2007 @ 00:37:20
First, I'd make Chrissy (unspokenwords) the president though

, United Kingdom
#6New Post! Jul 17, 2007 @ 02:11:39
@chrill Said
First, I'd make Chrissy (unspokenwords) the president though

Fair enough hon!
garfunkel On December 29, 2008
my beautiful rescue

Deleted

Sydney, Australia
#7New Post! Jul 17, 2007 @ 02:49:55
More funding to public education and to health services
rosewillow On July 19, 2015

Deleted

, New Zealand
#8New Post! Jul 17, 2007 @ 04:36:10
I would make university free as long as you getting the grades.

I would make health and dental care free for those that can't afford it.

I would build more libraries.

I would make all the politicians take a pay cut.

I would start fining people who don't recycle.
pug On December 09, 2009

, Ireland
#9New Post! Jul 17, 2007 @ 07:59:34
I would get rid of 85% of white collar worker in the NHS and employ more doctors and nurses. I would scrap inheritance tax. I would allow smoking in pubs. I would make the labour party illegal. I would have a complete ban on privately owned diesel cars.
Gesundheit

Järfälla, Sweden
#10New Post! Jul 17, 2007 @ 08:20:33
@pug Said
I would get rid of 85% of white collar worker in the NHS and employ more doctors and nurses. I would scrap inheritance tax. I would allow smoking in pubs. I would make the labour party illegal. I would have a complete ban on privately owned diesel cars.

But.. diesel is better than petrol
pug On December 09, 2009

, Ireland
#11New Post! Jul 17, 2007 @ 08:21:19
@chrill Said
But.. diesel is better than petrol
It smells bad.
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#12New Post! Jul 17, 2007 @ 08:47:21
I would make St George's, St Andrew's and St David's and St Patrick's days national holidays in great britain. We should celebrate our own history more and involve other cultures in this. Bring back british traditions, make Sundays half-day closing and Wednesdays half-day closing.

I would scrap the national curriculum and mandatory homework until a child is 14 years old. I would make a first degree entirely free for any british citizen which can be taken at any time in thier life. I would make further education free for anyone who wants to do it on the provision they finish the course. I would scrap the national stats on schools and i would bring back corporal punishment in schools.

There would be more community service for anti-social behaviour. Children between 16 and 21 should be offered some kind of work for real money in government departments, the armed forces or the national health service. Bring back the old fashioned apprenticeship for 14 year olds who do not attend school.

Abolish poll tax. Investigate every government and council and stop the budget scams. I would want each department to be answerable to the public. To stop them digging up roads for the sake of spending cash so that they get the same budget next year. Make councils more responsible for thier constituency and not to blame the cheap contractors they use.

Get rid of non-medical management in the NHS, make ward staff entirely responsible for thier own budgets, cleaning, standard of health care. Have more representation from nurses and health care assistants and the patients.

Offer lower rates for households and businesses who use less energy and recycle. Make it a real bonus and reward those who make a real effort.

Expel non nationals for breaking the law regardless of circumstances, after a few scapegoats they will get the message.

Do not allow any social security payments to anyone unless they have paid a minimum in national insurance. Benefit fraudsters should be cut off and never allowed benefit of any kind again. Also ?100 bonus payment for anyone catching a benefit fraudster and giving evidence against them.

Give paedophiles a small island where children are not permitted. Exile them.

Recurrent self-confessed sex offenders will be surgically castrated, whether it stops them or not does not matter. It will be the punishment.

Corrupt politicians and councillors and Lords will go to prison, normal prison, not special prision to do thier time. Perhaps then they can use that experience to help improve the system when they get out.

The week between christmas and new year should be bank holidays. Only public service workers will work and they will receive extra time off and bonuses.

The government should subsidise more sports centres and gym membership. Also free education about fitness should be given at these centres for anyone.

Tax trans-fats and alcohol and cigarettes to high heaven.

Ummm thats about it
jinters On March 01, 2010

Dunfermline, United Kingdom
#13New Post! Jul 17, 2007 @ 08:51:03
@treebee Said
I would make St George's, St Andrew's and St David's and St Patrick's days national holidays in great britain. We should celebrate our own history more and involve other cultures in this. Bring back british traditions, make Sundays half-day closing and Wednesdays half-day closing.

I would scrap the national curriculum and mandatory homework until a child is 14 years old. I would make a first degree entirely free for any british citizen which can be taken at any time in thier life. I would make further education free for anyone who wants to do it on the provision they finish the course. I would scrap the national stats on schools and i would bring back corporal punishment in schools.

There would be more community service for anti-social behaviour. Children between 16 and 21 should be offered some kind of work for real money in government departments, the armed forces or the national health service. Bring back the old fashioned apprenticeship for 14 year olds who do not attend school.

Abolish poll tax. Investigate every government and council and stop the budget scams. I would want each department to be answerable to the public. To stop them digging up roads for the sake of spending cash so that they get the same budget next year. Make councils more responsible for thier constituency and not to blame the cheap contractors they use.

Get rid of non-medical management in the NHS, make ward staff entirely responsible for thier own budgets, cleaning, standard of health care. Have more representation from nurses and health care assistants and the patients.

Offer lower rates for households and businesses who use less energy and recycle. Make it a real bonus and reward those who make a real effort.

Expel non nationals for breaking the law regardless of circumstances, after a few scapegoats they will get the message.

Do not allow any social security payments to anyone unless they have paid a minimum in national insurance. Benefit fraudsters should be cut off and never allowed benefit of any kind again. Also ?100 bonus payment for anyone catching a benefit fraudster and giving evidence against them.

Give paedophiles a small island where children are not permitted. Exile them.

Recurrent self-confessed sex offenders will be surgically castrated, whether it stops them or not does not matter. It will be the punishment.

Corrupt politicians and councillors and Lords will go to prison, normal prison, not special prision to do thier time. Perhaps then they can use that experience to help improve the system when they get out.

The week between christmas and new year should be bank holidays. Only public service workers will work and they will receive extra time off and bonuses.

The government should subsidise more sports centres and gym membership. Also free education about fitness should be given at these centres for anyone.

Tax trans-fats and alcohol and cigarettes to high heaven.

Ummm thats about it

Are you sure that's all now Treebs,
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#14New Post! Jul 17, 2007 @ 08:53:46
@jinters Said
Are you sure that's all now Treebs,

oh yeah, i would totally ban those rainbow braces

and shell suits.
jinters On March 01, 2010

Dunfermline, United Kingdom