The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Religion & Philosophy

If we are made in god's image, I wonder which parts he does'nt like about himself

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
unicorn On March 18, 2010

Deleted

The Oaks, Australia
#1New Post! Jan 25, 2010 @ 03:48:57
What do you think?
deal1 On May 06, 2011
SECRET SQUIRREL

not of this earth,
#2New Post! Jan 25, 2010 @ 03:55:45
I don't believe that we were made in God's physical image, rather in God's SPIRITUAL image.
IHateDave On August 25, 2014

My Mommy House, Canada
#3New Post! Jan 25, 2010 @ 04:04:25
Do you think I got his teeth?
Sweet_Merry On October 01, 2023
One day. . . I will

Building my Castles in the Sky
#4New Post! Jan 25, 2010 @ 04:08:47
I think man is egotistical to think so.
tariki On September 16, 2012

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Jan 25, 2010 @ 14:19:15
Made in the image of God.....

is a concept and theological doctrine that asserts that human beings are created in God's image and therefore have inherent value independent of their utility or function.

Well worth reflection.
buffalobill90 On July 12, 2013
Powered by tea

Viaticum, United Kingdom
#6New Post! Jan 25, 2010 @ 14:27:00
@deal1 Said

I don't believe that we were made in God's physical image, rather in God's SPIRITUAL image.

What's God's spiritual image?
SparklyKatie On March 07, 2014
\m//O_O\\m/

Sheffield, United Kingdom
#7New Post! Jan 25, 2010 @ 14:30:11
I wonder if he sometimes accidentally bites the inside of his mouth when eating like I do.
2nd_Evil_Head On March 24, 2015

Elmira,
#8New Post! Jan 25, 2010 @ 14:59:53
I think I look like a ginger God
TheMightyOz On March 17, 2015
Awooga!

Luton, United Kingdom
#9New Post! Jan 25, 2010 @ 15:10:14
I don't think an all-powerful entity would have something as ridiculous as the male genitals dangling off him!
CaLyPsO On June 04, 2022
spankable deity

kent, United Kingdom
#10New Post! Jan 25, 2010 @ 15:19:12
i bet its his hair ...now whenin his busy schedule will he have time to go get it done

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#11New Post! Jan 25, 2010 @ 17:43:26
I can't remember just who it was - they do say as how the memory is the first thing to go ( though with me it's the second ) - but one wit once said......In the beginning God created man in His own image, and ever since man has been returning Him the compliment

Funny, yet so tragically true. Just read Joshua Chapter 10, where Joshua is commanded by "God" to march along slaughtering all the men, women and children in each and every city he comes to. He certainly did the job well, and "God" even helped him in one instance by stopping the sun in the sky for 24hours so that the slaughter could be continue uninterupted. How can any human being seriously claim that this is a genuine portrait of the divine?

Long before this "image" of "God" was being presented to us for our edification by the ancient Hebrews, the Hindu's were recording in their own Holy Book the words........."Thou art formless, your only form is our knowledge of you." (Vedas) And a little later......."He who in faith worships any other God, because of his love he worships me." ( Bhagavath Gita )But why listen to the heathen, "bowing down to wood and stone?"

Sorry, a bit of the lowest form of wit creeping in here, but really, just how much can you take of some of this stuff?

The image of God. "His" love and "His" freedom. All sorts of ideas about this, whether the image was "lost" at the "fall", or remains "shining in the darkness, but the darkness comprehends it not." Whether it must be "restored" or merely "recognised". No doubt each persons theology and current reading of the Bible will effect what one they go for.........and after going for it, demand that every one else must follow in their own footsteps......

Sorry again, just having a rant........

Deleted

The Oaks, Australia
#12New Post! Jan 25, 2010 @ 21:17:38
@tariki Said

I can't remember just who it was - they do say as how the memory is the first thing to go ( though with me it's the second ) - but one wit once said......In the beginning God created man in His own image, and ever since man has been returning Him the compliment

Funny, yet so tragically true. Just read Joshua Chapter 10, where Joshua is commanded by "God" to march along slaughtering all the men, women and children in each and every city he comes to. He certainly did the job well, and "God" even helped him in one instance by stopping the sun in the sky for 24hours so that the slaughter could be continue uninterupted. How can any human being seriously claim that this is a genuine portrait of the divine?

Long before this "image" of "God" was being presented to us for our edification by the ancient Hebrews, the Hindu's were recording in their own Holy Book the words........."Thou art formless, your only form is our knowledge of you." (Vedas) And a little later......."He who in faith worships any other God, because of his love he worships me." ( Bhagavath Gita )But why listen to the heathen, "bowing down to wood and stone?"

Sorry, a bit of the lowest form of wit creeping in here, but really, just how much can you take of some of this stuff?

The image of God. "His" love and "His" freedom. All sorts of ideas about this, whether the image was "lost" at the "fall", or remains "shining in the darkness, but the darkness comprehends it not." Whether it must be "restored" or merely "recognised". No doubt each persons theology and current reading of the Bible will effect what one they go for.........and after going for it, demand that every one else must follow in their own footsteps......

Sorry again, just having a rant........

That's ok but I was just trying to have a dig, that's why I said 'if' I thought it would be entertaining

Deleted

The Oaks, Australia
#13New Post! Jan 25, 2010 @ 21:18:07
@SparklyKatie Said

I wonder if he sometimes accidentally bites the inside of his mouth when eating like I do.

LMAO
deal1 On May 06, 2011
SECRET SQUIRREL

not of this earth,
#14New Post! Jan 25, 2010 @ 23:06:15
@buffalobill90 Said

What's God's spiritual image?

You will have to ask God that!

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#15New Post! Jan 26, 2010 @ 11:45:53
@unicorn Said

That's ok but I was just trying to have a dig, that's why I said 'if' I thought it would be entertaining

Unicorn,

Not trying to spoil your fun. Please feel free........

Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs