The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums: Politics:
Gender Issues

If a boy in primary school writes a love letter to a girl in his class, is that "sexual harassment"?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#3New Post! Jan 17, 2017 @ 07:09:07
Was there more in the letter?
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#4New Post! Jan 17, 2017 @ 07:14:49
it depends on the age, i think between 16 to 18 years old, a teenager male should different between threatening teenage female or not.

depend on how the letter is written by the teenager male, writing to a female teacher, yes, i would consider situation, that to be sexual harassment.

the female teacher is an adult, it is a questionable of content of the love letter. the letter was describing the teenage female body parts or what the male writer would describe how he would touch the teenager female or what he would saying to her.

yes, i would consider that to be sexual harassment. there is a fine line is drawn by the both sexes students. immature of the teenager male would strong consider by the teachers and the principal that involve by this claim.

it doesn't really matter, doesn't it has to be a " workplace ", it is an a fine line, what you call a sexual harassment in a love letter with a horny teenager male or immature male doesn't how to express his feeling to a teenager female.

with this situation, political correct how the adults, who are dressing this issue taking it and far they are going with it.

this issue is questionable, if is sexual harassment or not?
earz On March 12, 2017

ask me, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Jan 17, 2017 @ 11:58:37
I would not consider "eyes like diamonds" to be sexual harassment. I think the world has gone overboard on political correctness.

If it's the first letter, then it's sweet, and kind of sad if it's unrequited. But I guess if it's just the latest in a hundred letters with possible stalking added in, then it could be viewed in a more serious light.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#6New Post! Jan 17, 2017 @ 12:43:08
@Cpat92 Said

Was there more in the letter?

Yes:

"Your eyes are like diamonds that I want to carve out of your skull and fork you in the eye socket until your ears bleed"

... that could be considered borderline inappropriate
LuckyCharms On July 31, 2021
Magically Delicious

#8New Post! Jan 17, 2017 @ 13:21:06
I believe you may be referring to this story - the one and only that could be found.

clicky clicky

I don't know if it is legitimate, but the issue was "harassment" not "sexual harassment". He's 9, for chrissakes.
NNewt84 On July 19, 2018

Adelaide, Australia
#9New Post! Jan 17, 2017 @ 13:35:47
@LuckyCharms Said

I believe you may be referring to this story - the one and only that could be found.

clicky clicky

I don't know if it is legitimate, but the issue was "harassment" not "sexual harassment". He's 9, for chrissakes.

What do you mean? The article does say "sexual harassment" - I don't get what you're referring to here.
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#10New Post! Jan 17, 2017 @ 14:24:49
after read the article above, what age should school teach kids sex education?

nine-years-old boy probably barely understand what most cuss words and their words mean. that age more curious what a little girl look like naked, than do anything with the girl. he probably be naked that stand there, and look at each other. then they probably put on their clothes and then about it.
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#11New Post! Jan 17, 2017 @ 15:24:21
@NNewt84 Said

Because I legitimately heard a story about a young boy who wrote a letter to some girl in his class, telling her she had "eyes like diamonds", and then he got called into the principal's office because he was guilty of "sexual harassment". But is this really true? Does this constitute sexual harassment nowadays?

> Depends on the letter. The letter in the picture isn't complete.

> Also depends on the boy's behavior before even writing the letter. From the news story: "...but other kids in the class....that he wanted to see the girl naked.

> It also depends on how many times he has sent similar letters; was this the 1st and only time or is this a pattern?

From the mother: "'He's nine - what little kid doesn't write love notes?' the mom said." Lot's of little kids write love letters. Schools literally do Valentine's Day starting in pre-school.

As is often the case in these sorts of "news" stories, there are more questions left unanswered than answered.

And finally, the part about "...he was guilty of "sexual harassment"" or "going to file sexual harassment charges" looks to have come from the mom and exaggerated by the "news". If anything, the school officials were trying to impress upon the mother and boy that he should not be passing notes in school. Based on the limited story in the news, it looks to me like the mother is equally guilty of blowing this situation & story out of proportion.

This is a pretty tame story by Florida standards.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#12New Post! Jan 17, 2017 @ 16:53:35
Excitable boy, they all said.
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#13New Post! Jan 17, 2017 @ 17:01:48
@LuckyCharms Said

clicky clicky

Now that I properly understand the situation, this has been blown way out of proportion. He was, as the mother said, being a nine year old boy. The investigation is unnecessary. This is probably going this far because of the kids saying he wants to see her naked. Boy does time change. I didn't have that mindset at 9. I didn't want to see a girl naked till I was older. Poor kid.
floydgirrl On October 08, 2022
Stalkee

Pope's Wine Celler, Holy See (
#14New Post! Jan 17, 2017 @ 17:06:55
floydgirrl On October 08, 2022
Stalkee

Pope's Wine Celler, Holy See (
#15New Post! Jan 17, 2017 @ 17:10:08
Nnewt just to be safe...do not write girls letters or you may be charged with sexual harassment. Let this be a lesson to you.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs