Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6 · >>
plebian_angel On April 25, 2012
Intergalactic hussy

a great future,
#46New Post! May 05, 2010 @ 12:14:19
@jerseydoll Said

so i guess this is where education would be effective... because if that's true that's just dumb

I've seen it lots with my own eyes. This is why I believe in hand ups (meaning job training, incentive for working etc) vs handouts.
jerseydoll On December 03, 2010

Hoboken,
#47New Post! May 05, 2010 @ 12:20:54
@plebian_angel Said

I've seen it lots with my own eyes. This is why I believe in hand ups (meaning job training, incentive for working etc) vs handouts.

okay, still innocent children should have a chance despite their ridiculous parents...

again i know a few things about welfare and it's not exactly free cake
plebian_angel On April 25, 2012
Intergalactic hussy

a great future,
#48New Post! May 05, 2010 @ 12:21:58
@jerseydoll Said

okay, still innocent children should have a chance despite their ridiculous parents...

again i know a few things about welfare and it's not exactly free cake

I never said the kids should suffer, but I also don't think it's right to expect taxpayers to pay for your kids.
ThePainefulTruth On May 06, 2013
Verum est Deus

Deleted

Peoria, Arizona
#49New Post! May 05, 2010 @ 12:34:49
I think the sticker doesn't apply to puppies, it's talking about people, of which there are many ill-prepared breeders, although not as many as there used to be.

The targets of the sticker are the welfare queens and fundys who consider it their duty to go forth and multiply--and make more fundys. The first trust that the state will provide, while the fundys allow as how the Lord will provide, which usually ends up being the state as well.

The US did welfare reform starting in 1997 which mainly (depending on the state) put a 60 month cap on benefits on able-bodied people, and it has been reasonably successful. The number of cases of people on welfare dropped from 12 million in '96 to under 4 million in '07. In fact, some locations have even been advertising the availability welfare. The damage to the family caused by 60's welfare has had some of the most far reaching negative effects of our "War on Poverty", and this seems to show that people will indeed provide for themselves if their benefits are limited.

As for people having children even though they were using birth control, I believe they are a small percentage of people on the dole, but it can and does disrupt people's lives negatively. The chance of pregnancy from bedroom roulette, if you will, is always there. Even the pill in not 100% effective. 'Nuff said.
boobagins On August 03, 2013
SPICY HOT TAMALES

Astral Weeks, Florida
#50New Post! May 05, 2010 @ 13:24:58
Population growth is ten times more scary and I guess its all tied. There are lots of things being done, we just don't see it. The birth rate around the world has steady been declining over the past decade and half. The U.S birth rates have hit a all time low in the past two years.

https://www.redorbit.com/news/health/1846375/us_birth_rates_declining/
https://usgovinfo.about.com/cs/censusstatistic/a/aabirthrate.htm

Fact is that although its declining, its coupled by various factors such as low mortality rates, technological advancement, medicine etc. We are adding about 74 million new people to the world a year.

Average life span use to be around 45 years, its now increased to 75 years...so people are not dying as fast as they use to.

We are expected to have 9 billion people in 2040 and close to 12 billion by 2050.

High birth rates tend to occur in urban areas and developing countries. Our best bet is education and also to help developing countries become more industrialized because statistics show that, women tend to have fewer kids in industrialized countries than in developing nations.

Lots of countries have already started to take action in the past two decades. From education to messages put in cartoons and various tv programs, to something stricter as China's law that that women can only have two children. Things are happening, its just that its too big of a problem for us to see any difference with the naked eye. Not to mention, the effects of our actions will not come about soon, but in future generations.

There are annual conferences held by the U.N where many countries meet to discuss this issue alone.

About 130 leading parliamentarians, experts and representatives of international, regional and national organizations from Central Asian, Asian and Pacific countries, will gather in Vientiane on 25-26 April for the 26th Asian Parliamentarians? Meeting on Population and Development, focused on Population and Adaptation to Climate Change. The forum is an annual meeting of the Asian Population and Development Association (APDA), chaired by the former Prime Minister of Japan, Hon. Yasuo Fukuda, MP.

"The projected doubling of global urban population within a generation, mostly in the developing world and much of it in Asia, if unmanaged can be a bigger source of greenhouse gas emissions" says Najib Assifi, Deputy Director of the Asia and the Pacific Regional Office of UNFPA, the United Nations Population Fund. ?Investments in education, health, sexual and reproductive health and youth can result in lower fertility, slower population growth and women's empowerment, all of which can contribute towards climate change mitigation and adaptation.?
https://www.unlao.org/Blog/post/Asian-Parliamentarians-Meet-in-Lao-PDR-to-Discuss-Population-and-Climate-Change.aspx

Anyways, my signature says it all.
boobagins On August 03, 2013
SPICY HOT TAMALES

Astral Weeks, Florida
#51New Post! May 05, 2010 @ 13:31:20
Oh yeah...I also forgot Religious views, such as the Catholics view on birth control. Mormon views etc etc.

Oh and the Duggars, man 19 f***ing kids and counting. It really pisses me off, plus the fact that that they're using exploitation in the entertainment industry to support themselves.
BozieFozie On May 19, 2022
Life's a Beach

Paradise, Florida
#54New Post! May 05, 2010 @ 14:09:45
I kinda doubt that, Boo! They're religious freaks....whatever God wants to put in my womb, is HER motto! Their children probably can't WAIT to start breeding like rats themselves!!! UGH!!!
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#55New Post! May 05, 2010 @ 14:10:02
@El_Tino Said

Seems to me it's aimed at people who choose to have kids (ie no birth control) that they can't afford.

This is clearly the answer.
smallBUTTerflies On January 07, 2020
Weaker than homeopat

Plymouth,
#56New Post! May 05, 2010 @ 14:43:46
Im sure these are the same people who are "Pro-life"
smallBUTTerflies On January 07, 2020
Weaker than homeopat

Plymouth,
#57New Post! May 05, 2010 @ 14:45:07
@lefty Said

which size?

That condom is expired.
someone_else On August 30, 2012
Not a dude.

Deleted

American Alps, Washington
#58New Post! May 05, 2010 @ 14:55:31
@DorkySupergirl Said
Now that I have your attention, I would like to discuss a serious topic.
I stopped at a store last time I was in America and noticed there was a bumper sticker on the window that said;

If you can't feed em
Don't breed em
From reading that my impression was that it was meant for people who produce children and know they can't afford them so then they rely on state funds. Fist, is that the impression that you get from reading it?

Second, to what extent do you this this applies? Do you think if someones birth control does not work and they are not prepared financially that comment applies to them?

Is it more for those on the system who just produce child after child?

Do you think this is a problem, people having children they can't support and then it becomes the tax payers issue to support the child?

What should be done about it if anything?

I'm responding to this before I read the thread - don't worry, I'll go back and read it, but I want to give you my uninfluenced first impression.

I think that it is most likely referring to the people who still have more kids even though they're already on welfare or other assistance programs.

On the other hand, it could be a strange form of 'have your pet spayed or neutered'.
_Samantha_ On May 19, 2010

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#59New Post! May 05, 2010 @ 14:58:37
This is the sort of thing that all that right wing Eugenics crap was about. Telling people how many kids they are 'allowed' to have - it's totalitarianism gone mad. What next - going back to sterilizing handicapped people and single mums or whatever? Hate all that nonsense. Most people don't have 10 kids, and some have none. So it must even out. Otherwise you're saying only better off people deserve kids. If a welfare system is properly means tested there's no reason why it shouldn't work.

That sort of thing is why we don't vote BNP in Britain!
_Samantha_ On May 19, 2010

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#60New Post! May 05, 2010 @ 14:59:47
@lefty Said

which size?

Where is this bloke and how much does he cost?
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs