Fashion

I wore the original gangster hood

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
BrianM On December 02, 2008

Deleted

Tacoma, Washington
#1New Post! Nov 14, 2008 @ 06:51:47
I have been wanting to write about this one for a very long time, I just never found a place conducive enough to get some feedback with it.

Growing up, we moved to completely different locations every two years, some times more often. Each time meant I was the new kid in school, every time meant the kids wanting to enforce the pecking order through brute force, and in many of those cases, it was a matter of having to fight 5-6 kids at once. Needless to say, it was a rough ride. One day I came home beat up and bloodied as usual for a new school, my dad, fed up with having to deal with it finally showed me proper fighting techniques, in particular the Sunburst, that's a common martial arts style of punching.

Later that week in school, since I failed to fend off several kids at once earlier, they decided to send in their usual test kid among their ranks to prove himself by beating me up. This was pretty much protocol. Well, guess what, that little bastard got the tar beat out of him by your's truly. The rest of them just looked at me and stared, I even saw fear in the eyes of some of the bigger kids, for they have never seen fighting like that before.

They left me alone after that, once in a while they would try to test me to see if I would bow down to their pecking order, but I refused to even acknowledge it and never budged.

At the playground, instead of playing with the rest of the gang, I would lurk and typically lean against the wall "dawning a hood" to make me further stand out and to add a little psychological effect. It was the mystery that is was intended to be, looking down at these kids, them not knowing what my next move would be if they tried to mess with me.

That began to catch on there with some of the other "outcasts" and those that were dawning the hood were largely left alone and there were only a few of us per class doing this. The hooded kids mingled once in a while, always on peaceful terms, and they never gave in to the wolf pack violent mentality the rest of the bully's were so well known for and always discuss elements that were civil towards each other.

So, now you know, a fricken 5th grader is what the hoods these gangs use misrepresent. It originally meant respect and not being all gathered together like some stupid gang yet being able to hold your ground as an individual in the face of adversity.

The current generation has completely lost the original context behind it and now those same a** hole bullies are the ones wearing the hoods. You want to stand out now and make them "think about what you are capable of with fear" toss the hood and stand apart from the rest, and start this little game back again, only reversed.
iwannano On May 19, 2010
Mountain William

Deleted

#2New Post! Nov 14, 2008 @ 08:53:11
What kind of 'feedback' could you expect froma story like you have told?
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs