US Election 2012

I voted - 2012

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 · >>
Electric_Banana On February 05, 2024

, New Zealand
#16New Post! Nov 06, 2012 @ 20:57:38
Hey, man - Out of curiosity - The neighborhood you reside in - is it a lower income neighborhood where most there really can't afford transportation?

It's generally assumed that most (not all) low income groups would want Obama to be re-elected and if someone wanted to discourage Voter Turnout for those groups it would be cheeky tactic to make them travel all the way across the city to vote - especially in the instance that they had a voting spot right there in their neighborhood.

For many on the fence about voting at all, that could be the deciding factor not to leave the house.
BozieFozie On May 19, 2022
Life's a Beach

Paradise, Florida
#17New Post! Nov 06, 2012 @ 20:58:27
I was at my polling place this morning at 7....very short line, in and out. YAY!

BTW: GO OBAMA!!!!!
degrassiboi On November 06, 2012

Colton, California
#18New Post! Nov 06, 2012 @ 23:33:39
@Electric_Banana Said

Hey, man - Out of curiosity - The neighborhood you reside in - is it a lower income neighborhood where most there really can't afford transportation?

It's generally assumed that most (not all) low income groups would want Obama to be re-elected and if someone wanted to discourage Voter Turnout for those groups it would be cheeky tactic to make them travel all the way across the city to vote - especially in the instance that they had a voting spot right there in their neighborhood.

For many on the fence about voting at all, that could be the deciding factor not to leave the house.

no it was simply that i was not on the list they add. I bet i was but the lady looks as thought she didnt want to be bothered. and the old lady didnt know what i was talking about any way i was able to vote but for anyone that is getting ready to vote look online to see where your voting place is and print it out that way if the voting place tells you different you have proof that your suppose to vote there
sTreetAngeL On January 24, 2022
root tedt ree

in a paradox,
#19New Post! Nov 06, 2012 @ 23:42:00
@degrassiboi Said

no it was simply that i was not on the list they add. I bet i was but the lady looks as thought she didnt want to be bothered. and the old lady didnt know what i was talking about any way i was able to vote but for anyone that is getting ready to vote look online to see where your voting place is and print it out that way if the voting place tells you different you have proof that your suppose to vote there

That's what I did first was to look online. But I didn't make a print out. That's a good idea though for next time. Thanks.
rubylights On November 30, 2021

Miami, Florida
#20New Post! Nov 07, 2012 @ 01:27:16
I'm not a citizen but I took my grandparents to vote today at my old middle school. We waited about 1/2 hour to 45 minutes here in Jersey. It wasn't too bad. The gas line was longer. lol
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#21New Post! Nov 07, 2012 @ 01:28:34
@rubylights Said

I'm not a citizen but I took my grandparents to vote today at my old middle school. We waited about 1/2 hour to 45 minutes here in Jersey. It wasn't too bad. The gas line was longer. lol

Good to hear from you!

Miami, Florida
#22New Post! Nov 07, 2012 @ 01:33:20
@DiscordTiger Said

Good to hear from you!

Thanks! I'm not sure what's kept me away for so long. I figured if I'd sign on ever it might as well be today...

Who's your candidate?
The Queen of Random

Administrator

#23New Post! Nov 07, 2012 @ 01:37:09
@rubylights Said

Thanks! I'm not sure what's kept me away for so long. I figured if I'd sign on ever it might as well be today...

Who's your candidate?

I voted Obama, I like Johnson better, but just couldn't do it in the end.

Miami, Florida
#24New Post! Nov 07, 2012 @ 01:43:05
@DiscordTiger Said

I voted Obama, I like Johnson better, but just couldn't do it in the end.

I'm ashamed to say I only just heard of Johnson today. Can't say I agree with all of his views but I can appreciate a good amount of them. He reminds me of Milton Friedman.
restoreone On January 30, 2022

, Ohio
#25New Post! Nov 07, 2012 @ 01:44:43
From the great State OF OH>>>>>>>>>IO. I voted and you should watch the county that I voted in. Lake is where it could be decided
floydgirrl On October 08, 2022
Stalkee

Pope's Wine Celler, Holy See (
#26New Post! Nov 07, 2012 @ 01:47:24
@rubylights Said

Who's your candidate?

Welcome back
The Queen of Random

Administrator

#27New Post! Nov 07, 2012 @ 01:48:28
@rubylights Said

I'm ashamed to say I only just heard of Johnson today. Can't say I agree with all of his views but I can appreciate a good amount of them. He reminds me of Milton Friedman.

He is from here, that is why I am really familiar with him. He had a tough time getting attention this race.

Miami, Florida
#28New Post! Nov 07, 2012 @ 01:50:51
@DiscordTiger Said

He is from here, that is why I am really familiar with him. He had a tough time getting attention this race.

I'd love to see a race between Johnson and Ron Paul. That'd be something.
The Queen of Random

Administrator

#29New Post! Nov 07, 2012 @ 01:54:52
@rubylights Said

I'd love to see a race between Johnson and Ron Paul. That'd be something.

true. I would have been interested in a Johnson Obama faceoff. but apparently rebulicans don't like him as much
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#30New Post! Nov 07, 2012 @ 02:08:29
@Electric_Banana Said

Mine... Middle to upper middle class, all voting sites with walking distance... also good weather.... no transportation issues.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs