US Elections

I think

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2
ChelseaRaye On January 02, 2009

Corona, California
#1New Post! Nov 07, 2008 @ 05:26:20
People who state anything in requards to ANY president being assassinated, or should be assassinated or WILL be killed, or ANYTHING of that short should be put in jail.
it is completely uncalled for and demoralizing to us all to be stating such things whether you like the president of our country or not.
coompletely unacceptable.
ChelseaRaye On January 02, 2009

Corona, California
#2New Post! Nov 07, 2008 @ 05:26:45
yes... coompletely.... hah...
completely.
raditz8526 On July 02, 2009

Deleted

, Minnesota
#3New Post! Nov 07, 2008 @ 05:30:05
Thanks for sharing.
not4sale On May 28, 2010

Banned

Melbourne, Australia
#4New Post! Nov 07, 2008 @ 05:30:06
JFK was assassinated. Am I supposed to be in prison yet?
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#5New Post! Nov 07, 2008 @ 05:30:09
You can edit the original post to remove the typo by hitting the little pencil and paper icon at the bottom right corner of it next to where it says points.

Anyway, I think we need to be free to discuss the possibility, the impact, whether people might do it or not.. but anything about actually performing it, asking for it to be performed, etc, should be, and I believe to some extent is, illegal.
booneylust On September 30, 2012

Suffolk, Virginia
#6New Post! Nov 07, 2008 @ 08:23:26
Maybe not harsh as jail but at least have their account deleted.
4000Earthquakes On April 25, 2009

Banned

Joshua Tree, California
#7New Post! Nov 07, 2008 @ 18:14:02
@ChelseaRaye Said

People who state anything in requards to ANY president being assassinated, or should be assassinated or WILL be killed, or ANYTHING of that short should be put in jail.
it is completely uncalled for and demoralizing to us all to be stating such things whether you like the president of our country or not.
coompletely unacceptable.

But you just did that. You spoke of it.

You can't sweep this reality under the rug. It happens. And the reality of it's possibility should be addressed.

Now for someone to encourage such a thing -- should be in trouble. I think those people in the audiences of McCain or Palin that yelled that crap -- should have been arrested.
Seriously On June 20, 2017

indianapolis, Indiana
#8New Post! Jun 19, 2017 @ 16:13:09
i think...all the time.
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#9New Post! Jun 19, 2017 @ 17:12:35
Thinking hurts.
Ghyda On February 11, 2020

Anaheim, California
#10New Post! Jun 19, 2017 @ 22:55:18
Shakespeare wrote about the assassination of kings. As far as I know he did not write about the assassination of presidents.

In one version of MacBeth, known as MacBird!, Lyndon Johnson, as MacBeth, assassinates President John Kennedy, as Duncan, and former Presidential candidate Adlai Stevenson, as Banquo.

I have not seen MacBird! I probably would not even know about it, except for the publicity about Shakespearean companies staging Julius Caesar with President Trump as Caesar. Of course, I wonder if Nancy would replace Casca and Pelosi would replace Lepidus.

My older relatives find MacBird to have enormous humor. They refer to it as pee-the-pants funny.
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#11New Post! Jun 22, 2017 @ 22:00:37
1st Question:

Would it be bad to put on a version of the Shakespearean play Caesar and make the Caesar character look like a...

1. A mixed race president of the USA?

or

2. A middle aged white woman politician in a pants suite?

or

3. A white male president who looks like Donald Trump?

2nd Question

If each of those things had been done, would it be hypocritical to only complain about one of them?
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#12New Post! Jun 23, 2017 @ 11:43:12
@chaski Said

1st Question:

Would it be bad to put on a version of the Shakespearean play Caesar and make the Caesar character look like a...

or

or

2nd Question

If each of those things had been done, would it be hypocritical to only complain about one of them?

If it were a "plain old" white guy that resembles no in particular, you'll have a faction crying that the arts are being "white washed" and ignoring diversity.
Eaglebauer On July 23, 2019
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#13New Post! Jun 23, 2017 @ 12:12:30
People need to get the f*** over things and just realize that not everyone likes everything or every example of art.

You're an alt right knucklehead who's "offended" by the depiction of Trump in a Shakespeare in the park production? Good...fine...then be offended. Whatever.

It doesn't change the fact that it's art or the fact that people have the right to do it. And you shouldn't do something stupid about it, like say, jump on the stage a bunch of times and call everyone else there Goebbels.

Also, they kind of missed the point that in Julius Ceasar, the assassination was not portrayed as a good thing and that Marc Antony and Octavius gather a huge army to avenge his death and in the end, are victorious while Brutus ends up offing himself.

Seriously, alt right folks, pick up a book every once in a while.
Jennifer1984 On July 20, 2022
Returner and proud

Penzance, United Kingdom
#14New Post! Jun 23, 2017 @ 15:52:21
@Eaglebauer Said

People need to get the f*** over things and just realize that not everyone likes everything or every example of art.

You're an alt right knucklehead who's "offended" by the depiction of Trump in a Shakespeare in the park production? Good...fine...then be offended. Whatever.

It doesn't change the fact that it's art or the fact that people have the right to do it. And you shouldn't do something stupid about it, like say, jump on the stage a bunch of times and call everyone else there Goebbels.

Also, they kind of missed the point that in Julius Ceasar, the assassination was not portrayed as a good thing and that Marc Antony and Octavius gather a huge army to avenge his death and in the end, are victorious while Brutus ends up offing himself.

Seriously, alt right folks, pick up a book every once in a while.

Or better still, see the play. It's quite brilliant.
Ghyda On February 11, 2020

Anaheim, California
#15New Post! Jun 23, 2017 @ 22:59:40
@chaski Said

1st Question:

or

or

2nd Question

Replacing Shakespeare's characters with modern celebrities works well in MacBird. That play replaces all of the original characters with prominent political persons from the 1960's.

Seems to me it could work the same for Julius Caesar. Maybe Caesar could become Mrs Clinton and Antony or Brutus could become President Trump.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs