I need some advice...

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
bob_the_fisherman On January 30, 2023
Anatidaephobic

, Angola
#16New Post! Nov 23, 2010 @ 07:23:56
Apart from agreeing with a lot of stuff others have said here (eat, sleep, exercise, whatever you have to do), I would add, do things that you like doing - for me in unhappy moments, a few bourbons and a bit of geetar playing, followed by more bourbon and geetar playing, always helps... Things will get better
Tequila_Sunrise On February 15, 2023
Bom Chika wah wah ..

In your imagination, Australia
#17New Post! Nov 23, 2010 @ 10:06:57
Thanks everyone. My Mum dragged me out of bed today and to the pub with her and I won over $200 on the pokies.. Then I insisted I take them out to dinner.. was a good night
nicperry11 On May 29, 2011

Sydney, Australia
#18New Post! May 29, 2011 @ 19:58:55
Just be composed as time goes by and you could not even think that you withstood your loneliness.
EllaBelleAces On November 09, 2012

A little this, a little that.,
#19New Post! Nov 07, 2011 @ 09:39:43
The only way I was ever able to deal with a break up that feels like it was breaking me up (literally, and figuratively) was just to breathe. If it hurts, then it hurts and it will probably hurt for a long time. Embrace it, feel it, savor it, deny it. Just go through it. There isn't anything you can really do to speed up the process. That stupid age old adage that "Time heals all wounds" is pretty accurate. At least for me it was. I just needed to keep reminding myself that it wasn't always going to be so bad. I found finding the saddest most miserable songs really helped too. Making playlists for sad days and happy days was time consuming, and now I have crazy amounts of music that I love, and hate simultaneously. Anything is better than doing nothing at all.
boobear On August 15, 2016

London, United Kingdom
#20New Post! Nov 07, 2011 @ 10:02:30
Aww love I'm sorry. I think most people have been there & what everyone will tell you is that you've just got to go through it & get it out of your system, which I know sucks immensely but it will make you stronger & more careful at picking future boyfriends. It is crap now but in a few years when you've found the right one you will look back & all of this be a memory, just remember that. Take the opportunity now to open up your social life more...start a hobby, join a friendship group, get to know friends of friends more etc etc. You will get there just keep going

To get through this part cry until you stop, call your family & friends often, go stay witha member of family or a friend for a few days & let them attempt to cheer you up, go out & flirt with other guys & do whatever you need to to get over him but at this stage do not call, text or have him round it will only end in tears.
N7Vindicator On December 01, 2011

In a box, under a bridge., Cal
#21New Post! Nov 29, 2011 @ 18:41:59
@EllaBelleAces Said

The only way I was ever able to deal with a break up that feels like it was breaking me up (literally, and figuratively) was just to breathe. If it hurts, then it hurts and it will probably hurt for a long time. Embrace it, feel it, savor it, deny it. Just go through it. There isn't anything you can really do to speed up the process. That stupid age old adage that "Time heals all wounds" is pretty accurate. At least for me it was. I just needed to keep reminding myself that it wasn't always going to be so bad. I found finding the saddest most miserable songs really helped too. Making playlists for sad days and happy days was time consuming, and now I have crazy amounts of music that I love, and hate simultaneously. Anything is better than doing nothing at all.

I agree entirely. When you feel like crying, bawl your eyes out. If you feel nauscious, hurl. You're pretty much going to exhaust yourself of depression. Just remember to eat what you can, and force yourself to go outside during the day, preferrably morning, and breathe some fresh air and run. That restores your cardiovascular system both for your body and brain. You can think more clearly and breathe more comfortably. I would be weary of playing the guitar though. I personally got more depressed when I did.
Electric_Banana On February 05, 2024

, New Zealand
#22New Post! Nov 29, 2011 @ 23:58:07
*sings*

They say that breaking up is hard to do
So better run out and buy some permanent glue
Then tell him I laced your condom that isn't all you
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others