Teens

I'm stuck...

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>
timeflies On February 07, 2009

St Albans, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Oct 05, 2008 @ 18:10:51
I'm a boy, 14, english. I'm not paticularly popular, a few friends but not that many. I'm really shy and never want to try anything. I'm rubbish at sports but I'm not fat. There's a girl I really like (my neighbour) but I only talk to her over msn, I'm too scared to even flirt, let alone ask her out, I spend most of my time on my computer, I'm pretty much just a big nerd. I get sad quite often but depressed. I'm quite nice but definitely not cool. I just don't know what to do. I've given up trying anything. Does anyone have any advice about anything at all? how to get the girl, what to do, how to make new friends, anything.
Lord_DJ On January 13, 2009

Deleted

you really want to know =$,
#2New Post! Oct 05, 2008 @ 18:17:07
noone will ever look down on you for flirting... you could be the uglyest sad sack in the world... but aslong as it's on the tinterwebz, its fine

you asked for advice... and thats all I'm gonna give.., I'm helpfull like that
coronater On October 21, 2008

Gales Ferry, Connecticut
#3New Post! Oct 05, 2008 @ 18:18:36
Trust me, if I knew, I'd be the first person to help you out. Alas, I am 18 and I'm dealing with the same problem. But my advice to you is to just try working through that shyness. I've found that people who have no right to be with another person are able to grab girlfriends because they get themselves out there. After all, nothing ventured, nothing gained, right?
Elite_Dragon On December 24, 2016
The Dragon is in....

Chesterfield, United Kingdom
#4New Post! Oct 05, 2008 @ 18:21:46
this is said with all sincerity and complete honesty...

get yourself out there!! there is no other advice that can be given, you will more than likely have bad experiances as much as having good experiances...but aslong as you learn from them then what is the harm?

#5New Post! Oct 05, 2008 @ 18:24:38
I know I really should get out there and there's no excuse but I'm really just too scared.
GeneticAnomaly On May 25, 2020
Marvellous, simply m

, United Kingdom
#6New Post! Oct 05, 2008 @ 18:25:14
You've got a great start there mate .. honesty.

The rest is a matter of confidence.
rhiannonemo On April 26, 2009

, United Kingdom
#7New Post! Oct 05, 2008 @ 18:28:24
@Lord_DJ Said
noone will ever look down on you for flirting

Exactly, just have a go tell her how pretty she is make her feel special. The more you talk to her , the more confidence you will get! Then you never know you might talk to her outside of the internet. Just make her feel like hshes the best person in the world. Whats the worst that can happen eh?

Pm me to tell me wat happens :D

#8New Post! Oct 05, 2008 @ 18:34:23
Just so you know, she's not like a random girl I met on the internet, she's an actual friend, I just don't really see her any more. Also how should I 'start' the flirting.
roxygemini On April 16, 2009

Deleted

, Canada
#9New Post! Oct 05, 2008 @ 18:35:48
What you boys have to realise, is that girls have all the same insecurities as you do. Everyone fears rejection, and has some sort of self doubt that they need to strive to overcome.
The best advice that I can offer you, is be yourself, but push yourself. If you are too shy to be social, then make yourself over come it by joining a team or club, just to get yourself out there, around other people, and social environments. You may make friends, and you may not, but you are no worse off for trying. If you are afraid to talk to a girl because she is pretty and might not like you, then the worst that could happen is that she might not like you, your pride is momentarily hurt, but you at least put yourself out there. No matter what you think, further along you will meet someone else.
Rejection in relationships is a part of life. Being socially akward or shy of certain situations is something everyone feels at one point or another.
Just be confident in knowing that we are all human, we all have our flaws, some may be less evident in others, but noone is perfect.
You never know, some girl may be sitting behind a computer feeling the same way about herself, boys, and life.
Life is all about experiences, good and bad. Take a chance, and live it.
jeanettesianrachel On September 16, 2016

Medway, United Kingdom
#10New Post! Oct 05, 2008 @ 18:49:58
go out with your friends in the evenings and weekends if thats not poss join a marshall art class,you will learn something and make new friends and its a great confidence booster x
loveis On January 15, 2010
brat-inella

Deleted

In the mirror,
#12New Post! Oct 05, 2008 @ 19:31:46
@timeflies Said
I'm a boy, 14, english. I'm not paticularly popular, a few friends but not that many. I'm really shy and never want to try anything. I'm rubbish at sports but I'm not fat. There's a girl I really like (my neighbour) but I only talk to her over msn, I'm too scared to even flirt, let alone ask her out, I spend most of my time on my computer, I'm pretty much just a big nerd. I get sad quite often but depressed. I'm quite nice but definitely not cool. I just don't know what to do. I've given up trying anything. Does anyone have any advice about anything at all? how to get the girl, what to do, how to make new friends, anything.

Make changes one step at a time..

With your friend (girl) on msn, since you already talk to her via this way, and I'm assuming since you do chat that she likes you back.
So why not just tell her how you feel about her via msn, but add, that you'd love to meet her in person, but want to warn her that you are 'extremely' shy..
Be honest. She will most likely be flattered, and will jump at the chance to meet a guy who is interested in her already, and that she can take the lead with.
Knowing that 'you' are shy beforehand, will make her relax that much more.
Good luck hon, and let us know how it went.
...and don't be a chicken! Do this, she can't get you through the computer, if it's gets to be too much, you can always sign out.

#15New Post! Oct 05, 2008 @ 19:58:33
I've just decided to start having group lessons at a tennis club I used to be a member at. I know it's not much but to me it feels like a lot.
P.S. Thank You all!
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs