The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums: Society & Lifestyles:
Kids

I know I might've already made threads like this, but...

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
Grasshopper On January 11, 2023
Just me.

Fort Collins, Colorado
#1New Post! Jul 03, 2010 @ 02:13:42
Guys, don't bite my head off for this, I'm not trolling. Okay?

Are today's kids useful?

There's so many, and the population is jam packed. And nowadays, kids are growing up to be completelly out of control and just making things worse. (and notice I didn't say ALL)

I'm honestly curious. Is there a reason all these babies are born by the thousands? Will they actually make an impact? Or will they be just here, without a purpose?

Is all the "space" filled?
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#2New Post! Jul 03, 2010 @ 02:16:25
@grasshopper Said

Are today's kids useful?

no.
lets kill em all.
chisa96 On December 29, 2014
Supreme Goddess

Out in Nature, Wisconsin
#3New Post! Jul 03, 2010 @ 02:23:14
Are any of us here with a purpose? What makes today's children that much different in general? Some of them will do great things. Some of them will live ordinary but productive lives. Some of them will be criminals. Some of them will deadbeats.

It's not really a question of children of today specifically. Whenever a child is born, in any time, what their "uses" will be is a question mark.
LaBellaQuincey On December 27, 2011

Deleted

, Indiana
#4New Post! Jul 03, 2010 @ 02:25:03
No matter how many kids are born there is always going to be a portion of "bad apples." I don't think there has been an increase in the percentage of this "bad apples." Maybe we just notice it more because kids these days are much more outspoken.
Eastender On August 13, 2010

Deleted
Banned

, Falkland Islands (Islas Malv
#5New Post! Jul 03, 2010 @ 02:26:16
@grasshopper Said

Are today's kids useful?

There's so many, and the population is jam packed. And nowadays, kids are growing up to be completelly out of control and just making things worse. (and notice I didn't say ALL)

I'm honestly curious. Is there a reason all these babies are born by the thousands? Will they actually make an impact? Or will they be just here, without a purpose?

Is all the "space" filled?

Are todays adults useful either?

We are people. not robots lol. What 'space' do you mean exactly?
GSnap On March 02, 2019

Over the Rainbow,
#6New Post! Jul 03, 2010 @ 02:28:06
Oh no here we go again. [smile]https://i.tfster.com/tfs/images/smilies/harhar.gif">

LOL

Grasshopper I actually do believe in part that often the people who probably should have kids the least, i.e. the ones who let them run amuck and who do not bother to teach them and mold them in any good manner, tend to have the most. I think we have an over population problem.

I used to also not like kids much. I still have low tolerance for babies and toddlers, but that is more MY problem than theirs. Of course people need to procreate for the world to continue, and I have learned my problem with kids is more my own issue as I lack patience and I am not a nurturer by nature. These days I actually am much better with that, and I have no problems with them (just don't leave them at my door to babysit lol).

Here is a little exercise...since you have really decided you do not like kids at all and would rather they are not around, perhaps ask yourself what is it inside of you that is invoking the feelings? Not trying to get all psychomumbojumbo on ya, but wondering what is causing this severe dislike of kids. Do you know really where this is coming from? You were once a kid, right? You would not have wanted an adult to hate you just because you were a kid, right? That is the time of our lives we are the most innocent and things in the world seem the most magical, I would bet most of us would never have not wanted to experience our lives without being able to see it thru the eyes of a child.

You know I love ya, and I ask these questions out of curiosity, not condemnation. I also ask because I finally realized my own problem with kids was more issues inside myself than with the children themselves.

I still say your problem sounds more like it lies with improper parenting, and lazy parenting, then kids themselves. The fact that kids are more out of control today - is that really an issue with the KIDS? Or an issue with their parents? I would say it is the latter, not the former. I think your anger is directed at the wrong party.

Maybe I am rambling and not making a bit of sense. It's ok, won't be the first time.
LaBellaQuincey On December 27, 2011

Deleted

, Indiana
#7New Post! Jul 03, 2010 @ 02:32:35
@GSnap Said

Oh no here we go again. [smile]https://i.tfster.com/tfs/images/smilies/harhar.gif">

LOL

Grasshopper I actually do believe in part that often the people who probably should have kids the least, i.e. the ones who let them run amuck and who do not bother to teach them and mold them in any good manner, tend to have the most. I think we have an over population problem.

I used to also not like kids much. I still have low tolerance for babies and toddlers, but that is more MY problem than theirs. Of course people need to procreate for the world to continue, and I have learned my problem with kids is more my own issue as I lack patience and I am not a nurturer by nature. These days I actually am much better with that, and I have no problems with them (just don't leave them at my door to babysit lol).

Here is a little exercise...since you have really decided you do not like kids at all and would rather they are not around, perhaps ask yourself what is it inside of you that is invoking the feelings? Not trying to get all psychomumbojumbo on ya, but wondering what is causing this severe dislike of kids. Do you know really where this is coming from? You were once a kid, right? You would not have wanted an adult to hate you just because you were a kid, right? That is the time of our lives we are the most innocent and things in the world seem the most magical, I would bet most of us would never have not wanted to experience our lives without being able to see it thru the eyes of a child.

You know I love ya, and I ask these questions out of curiosity, not condemnation. I also ask because I finally realized my own problem with kids was more issues inside myself than with the children themselves.

I still say your problem sounds more like it lies with improper parenting, and lazy parenting, then kids themselves. The fact that kids are more out of control today - is that really an issue with the KIDS? Or an issue with their parents? I would say it is the latter, not the former. I think your anger is directed at the wrong party.

Maybe I am rambling and not making a bit of sense. It's ok, won't be the first time.

I didn't think you were rambling. I found it quite insightful
thelionladyy On July 03, 2010

toledo, Ohio
#8New Post! Jul 03, 2010 @ 02:34:58
@Willi Said

no.
lets kill em all.

ahaha yes.

Deleted
Banned

#9New Post! Jul 03, 2010 @ 02:37:01
@GSnap Said

LOL

How'd you type all that so quick, lol.
GSnap On March 02, 2019

Over the Rainbow,
#10New Post! Jul 03, 2010 @ 02:41:38
@Eastender Said

How'd you type all that so quick, lol.

100 wpm baby!

OMG you say so quick and i stopped midway to go downstairs to get a coke.

Deleted
Banned

#11New Post! Jul 03, 2010 @ 02:44:09
@GSnap Said

100 wpm baby!

OMG you say so quick and i stopped midway to go downstairs to get a coke.

I can type 100 words per minute if Ive got enough time.
GSnap On March 02, 2019

Over the Rainbow,
#12New Post! Jul 03, 2010 @ 02:48:09
@Eastender Said

I can type 100 words per minute if Ive got enough time.

Grasshopper On January 11, 2023
Just me.

Fort Collins, Colorado
#13New Post! Jul 03, 2010 @ 02:54:49
@Eastender Said

Are todays adults useful either?

We are people. not robots lol. What 'space' do you mean exactly?

Umm I meant..Well resources, jobs, schools, etc.)

@GSnap Said

LOL

lol. Sorry, I can't help it.

Wow, you do have a very good point. It's really the parent's fault for being dopes. lol. But the ones that already exist? I mean, there's so many that obviously are gonna be up to no good.

Oh no! You make perfect sence!
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#14New Post! Jul 03, 2010 @ 03:12:23
@thelionladyy Said

ahaha yes.

i vote all below the age 100 be killed.
GSnap On March 02, 2019

Over the Rainbow,
#15New Post! Jul 03, 2010 @ 04:17:01
@Willi Said

i vote all below the age 100 be killed.