The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Random

I hate the quote "don't disrespect me" why?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
claudibeee On July 06, 2014
Pagan and proud

, United Kingdom
#16New Post! Sep 24, 2010 @ 17:35:46
@sister_of_mercy Said

I agree. Respect must be earned, one cannot just presume that they deserve to be respected if they do not engage in respectful activity themselves. I can't stand it when those of a certain age believe that the youth should respect them simply because they've managed to live a bit longer. In the end if you are a good person then you will be respected by someone.

That's what annoyed me when I was a kid and still annoys me now. Age doesn't automatically deserve respect. Do something selfless and worthwhile and you might be respected. And why shouldn't decent young people be equally respected?
lil_bear01 On February 18, 2011

Deleted

In my igloo, Canada
#17New Post! Sep 24, 2010 @ 18:25:41
@sister_of_mercy Said

I agree. Respect must be earned, one cannot just presume that they deserve to be respected if they do not engage in respectful activity themselves. I can't stand it when those of a certain age believe that the youth should respect them simply because they've managed to live a bit longer. In the end if you are a good person then you will be respected by someone.

I beg to differ on the 'good' person getting respect.

I digress! I don't need nor want respect from anyone nor do I give it to anyone unless they're 'awesome' and there are not many of those in this world...

Respect cannot be earned it can only be given freely.
Delta62 On March 30, 2024
Natural asshole

manchester, United Kingdom
#18New Post! Sep 24, 2010 @ 18:28:25
@lil_bear01 Said

I beg to differ on the 'good' person getting respect.

I digress! I don't need nor want respect from anyone nor do I give it to anyone unless they're 'awesome' and there are not many of those in this world...

Respect cannot be earned it can only be given freely.

I don't give my respect freely to anyone that hasn't earned it, they have to do something to start earning my respect and if they f*** up well lets just say they won't want to lose it
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs