The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums: Relationships:
Homosexuality

I found out my best friend is gay/bi, he doesn't know I know though...

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
aperfectcircle On October 06, 2006

Santa Monica,
#1New Post! Oct 06, 2006 @ 13:20:43
Long story short, I read some of his emails one day I was at his place and he left his hotmail logged in. He doesn't know, I logged out right away and pretended like I saw nothing.

I just don't understand why he hasn't told me, we've been best bros for 10+ years and I've always supported him with everything he does. I'm sure he knows nothing would change if he came out...maybe cause I'm straight and wouldn't be able to relate?

Anyone have any experience like this or just general insights?

Thanks!
lupinstar On April 16, 2023

Wigmore, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Oct 06, 2006 @ 13:30:52
Maybe he isnt too sure what other people would say, i mean being gay is still seen as quite "deviant" and he may not want everyone to know. He may just want to tell you on your own, its not because your straight, that isnt a barrier. Dont you worry though im sure he'' tell you when he feels the time is right.
random_amz On September 12, 2008

Dartford, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Oct 06, 2006 @ 14:00:30
He will tell you in his own time, maybe he thinks you won't want to be friends anymore if he tells you
cwaiggie On December 19, 2008

Townsville, Australia
#4New Post! Oct 08, 2006 @ 05:37:47
i am with amz I think he will tell you in his own time. Comming out can be very hard, and if you have known him for this long it will be harder. He may think you will be made with him for not telling you for so long. I know of friendships that have broken because of that.

Have a talk to him, Dont tell you you know or he will know you read his email. Try talking to him about a gay issue or say you where reading gay posts online and let him know you are ok with it and maybe he will feel like he can talk to you about it.

At the same it is his choise who he tells and when just be there for him so when he is ready he will tell you. You sound like a good friend I think we could all do with mates like you
wolfparade_ftw On April 11, 2007

San Diego, California
#5New Post! Jan 10, 2007 @ 02:56:35
Bring the subject about the morality of gay marriage. Make it clear to him that you think gay people are really cool and say something like "jeez imagine being gay, that would be SO hard to like come out of the closet"
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs