Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
FingerPaint On December 06, 2008

Vancouver, Canada
#1New Post! Nov 10, 2008 @ 07:17:25
I suck at making friends.
I suck at socializing in general.
I see school in Europe, all of the classmates are friends. Why can't I have that too? Why do Canadian/American schools have to suck?
emoric On January 02, 2010

Deleted
Banned

lol :D, Indiana
#2New Post! Nov 10, 2008 @ 07:23:46
I went to a black school too. You will be ok.
Asme251 On December 21, 2017
Area Man

Boston, Massachusetts
#3New Post! Nov 10, 2008 @ 07:25:00
@emoric Said

I went to a black school too. You will be ok.

Huh? What's that supposed to mean?
BrianM On December 02, 2008

Deleted

Tacoma, Washington
#4New Post! Nov 10, 2008 @ 07:35:56
I have to ask the same, what was that supposed to mean?

FingerPaint, I was very introverted until my mid 20's, that is likely the case in your situation, correct me if I'm wrong there. I can actually help in this area if you are game, and I'm sure many others here can as well. You can't shut me up now, lol.

It also is obvious, you are depressed, try this exercise and let me know if it helps any, it's just a small tool that I have found useful when feeling down in the dumps. Every statement you made, say the exact opposite of it 10 times, this will make the ratio 10 - 1 in your mind. There are many tools like this you can be using, and rule number one, be your best friend not your worse enemy.
roxygemini On April 16, 2009

Deleted

, Canada
#5New Post! Nov 10, 2008 @ 08:14:32
Life is awkward at your age, and sometimes it's just hard to fit in anywhere.
Stay true to who you are, but try to branch out a bit if you are lonely. Maybe join some teams or activities and meet people that way. School can be a b**** if you feel like an outsider, but you just have to remember that there are kids all over that feel that way. You are not alone, or especially f***ed up, because you are not as social as some of the masses. Everywhere has people that feel like they suck at some point. No matter how confident your peers seem, everyone has thier insecurities in this world.
Life gets easier I promise, you just have to keep your head up buttercup, and hang tough. It really will be okay. Seriously though, as cheesy as it may sound in joining a club or team, or however out of your element it may be...it is an awesome way to meet people and make genuine friends while improving your social skills.
joeh On November 23, 2008

Deleted

norwich, United Kingdom
#6New Post! Nov 10, 2008 @ 09:13:14
hang in there, life will get better for you, can be s*** being young, i know 'cos i was young myself once, and my life is still s***. you'll be ok though, take care and be patient.
wynston On March 21, 2014

Swansea, United Kingdom
#7New Post! Nov 10, 2008 @ 09:44:27
How come you suck at socializing? Are you a shy person?? I think your view of European schools has been taken from books and films, its the same whatever country you're in.. When I was 16 I didnt have a clue what life was all about and one thing that can be self destroying is your self image, the image you have of yourself in your head.. That image makes you suck at socializing, you dont... you can be the most confident person in the world you just need to change the way you think about yourself.. If all else fails we'll be ur friends!!!
Delta62 On March 30, 2024
Natural asshole

manchester, United Kingdom
#8New Post! Nov 10, 2008 @ 10:41:39
hi
not4sale On May 28, 2010

Banned

Melbourne, Australia
#9New Post! Nov 10, 2008 @ 11:41:55
You'll find that you can have plenty of fun without others. I love solitude.
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#10New Post! Nov 10, 2008 @ 11:44:07
life gets better, high school is probably the worst part.
loveis On January 15, 2010
brat-inella

Deleted

In the mirror,
#11New Post! Nov 10, 2008 @ 12:30:05
@not4sale Said

You'll find that you can have plenty of fun without others. I love solitude.

Yeah, I agree with this also.

But things will get better, listen to what the other posters have already told you, they've given some great advice.
rubylights On November 30, 2021

Miami, Florida
#12New Post! Nov 10, 2008 @ 15:31:17
don't worry. it's temporary. i'm sure we all went through the same thing when we were sixteen. don't get desperate, and don't get into a relationship just to avoid feeling lonely. that's when mistakes happen. but you'll be allright.
joeh On November 23, 2008

Deleted

norwich, United Kingdom
#13New Post! Nov 10, 2008 @ 17:05:24
How at 16 can you honestly believe things can be this bad?, give it another 16 years on this planet and then come back here and say the same things, i'm 36 and to be honest with you i never dreamed things could turn out so bad, if you want proof of this i'll pm you, your f***in' 16!! nothing and i mean nothing is sure at that age, give yourself a chance, not evereybody is a c***, life is tuff sunbeam, now more than ever, i reckon you'll be twice the guy i am by the age of 20!! believe me, you are reading this from some guy who wakes up in the morning wishing he never did!, you're ok yeah? you will get thru this, negativity at your age has no place in your life, it's frankly unhealthy, try to get a different perspective on your life, for your own good! do not end up like somebody like me, because i took everything people said and done to me to heart,you're young dude, your 16, give yourself a chance, don't f*** your s*** up before you've even started to live! give yourself a break, and when you're my age, then question this s***, i would'nt say this to you lightly, f*** the people you don't get on with and love the people you do, the rest my friend is just life, get a head start on the others your age, be yourself and don't let no f***er get you down! peace and love to you bro, you can do it.
Delta62 On March 30, 2024
Natural asshole

manchester, United Kingdom
#14New Post! Nov 10, 2008 @ 17:07:16
easy tiger
bethisgoth On August 20, 2010

Richmond,
#15New Post! Nov 10, 2008 @ 20:55:39
i used to have a hard time making friends becuz people were afraid id curse them with an evil gothic spell, they also thought i worshipped Satan now THAT pissed me off!!

itll b ok
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs