Forums:
Relationships

I dont think i love him anymore...

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
buzz22 On December 31, 2012

Galashiels, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Jun 13, 2009 @ 21:25:19
Ive been with my fiance for nearly 2 years now,but recently i feel like i have become attracted to one of his mates,who i have known for 6 years.i dont know if its because hes givin me more attention than my fiance or not but i jus feel like theres something there..

my head jus feels so messed up about this

ARGHHHH!
alexkidd On February 07, 2012
Captain Awesome!

Deleted

in a bog, Ireland
#2New Post! Jun 13, 2009 @ 21:38:13
Hmm,
I don't think it's anything to beat yourself up over.
We are all allowed doubts and just because you love someone it doesn't make you blind to other people who would suit you also or that you are attracted to.

I think you should consider what the 'concious choice' should be in this case. Basically rather than looking at this other guy ask yourself if you really want to be with your boyfriend?
The answer won't come quickly or easily.

This other guy might just represent the fact that you do not wish to commit to your current relationship. Engaged at 20 is pretty young.
smilelove On September 01, 2013
Ninja Dreamer

Somewhere, Ohio
#3New Post! Jun 13, 2009 @ 21:38:53
Well if you're uncertain, nows the time to back out right?
Tako_400 On April 19, 2010
Keep Ya' Head Up

Deleted

Beirut, Lebanon
#4New Post! Jun 13, 2009 @ 22:00:46
@smilelove Said

Well if you're uncertain, nows the time to back out right?

Yeah. You should back out before it gets too serious. Before it's "too late."
sunandsurf13 On June 29, 2009

Deleted

Sydney, Australia
#5New Post! Jun 13, 2009 @ 22:35:38
@buzz22 Said

Ive been with my fiance for nearly 2 years now,but recently i feel like i have become attracted to one of his mates,who i have known for 6 years.i dont know if its because hes givin me more attention than my fiance or not but i jus feel like theres something there..

my head jus feels so messed up about this

ARGHHHH!

It's pretty normal to be attracted to other people even if you are in a happy and committed relationship. I'm sure your fiance also finds other women attractive. I guess the issue here is that you've known this guy longer than you've known your fiance (I assume) & it sounds like this attraction has taken you by surprise.

I don't know the guy but if more attention means flirting, I think you should be careful about how you interpret that. You are safe territory to flirt with because this guy knows you are taken. That doesn't mean he isn't a nice guy, but is he fiance material? Is this just basking in attention from someone else, or are you genuinely unhappy with your fiance in some way? Only you would know that.

I think its normal to wonder & also to compare your fiance to other people. If you don't feel he gives you enough attention you should discuss that with him. You're contemplating a life with this guy you are engaged to. Is he the right guy for you? Have you dated enough to be sure about what you want?

Sometimes other people like this do make us question our own relationships. It's not a bad thing, but just make sure you make fair comparisons between these guys. It's unlikely your relationship would feel as new and exciting now as it did when you first got together. You've talked about this friend, but you've not mentioned your fiance at all. There must be something very special about him too, surely?
TrOoPs On April 02, 2010

Deleted
Banned

, United Kingdom
#6New Post! Jun 13, 2009 @ 22:47:31
I've been with my man for 20 years, I've questioned my relationship! delt with the head f*** and realized i had a moment of madness and got myself back on track! dont act in haste! it might be that the attention you are getting is drawing you in, try and focus on your relationship and the positives in it
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs